+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa Timeline -- Islamabad, Pakistan

ali45

Dec 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied for my mother in law super visa on September 11, 2018 and received medical request on October 4, 2018. Hope this helps.
This is the exact same timline. My mom applied on Sep 12 recevied medical on Oct 2.
and medical done on oct 9.
How long does it take to update the status on my cic to "Your medical passed"?

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
around 2 weeks lets hope for the best. In August my Mother medical results were update on my cic on 10th day and received passport request on same day.

ali45

Dec 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
around 2 weeks lets hope for the best. In August my Mother medical results were update on my cic on 10th day and received passport request on same day.
Today my mom medical has been update.

Wash an

Oct 20, 2013
Hello All,

It seems like everyone is getting their app approved. Congrats!!! I'm thinking to apply for my mother's super visa in next 6 months time. Can anybody help with the following questions? Thanks

1. I believe that income threshold is in gross income and not the net income. Right?
2. NOA is necessary or other docs can also be submitted for proof of income?
3. Where to get the medical insurance and for how long and how much does it cost on average?
4. Current processing times are around 3 months it seems?
5, Any other suggestions that you guys have which can help speed up the process and increase the chances of getting the visa?

Thank you in advance.
No one willing to help?

USK

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Hello All,

It seems like everyone is getting their app approved. Congrats!!! I'm thinking to apply for my mother's super visa in next 6 months time. Can anybody help with the following questions? Thanks

1. I believe that income threshold is in gross income and not the net income. Right? That's right. It's the income before taxes.
2. NOA is necessary or other docs can also be submitted for proof of income? Better to submit the NOA from CRA. The NOAs for the past three years can be obtained online from myCRA portal or by requesting from CRA over the phone.
3. Where to get the medical insurance and for how long and how much does it cost on average? There are multiple SV insurance providers who provide the supervisa insurance in Canada. SV insurance has to be valid for at least a year as per the IRCC requirement. Cost depends upon your parents pre-existing conditions and the amount of deductible that you chose on the policy. If no pre-existing exists, the cost of insurance for a year is around CAD 900 - 1100.
4. Current processing times are around 3 months it seems? Seems like Yes. I submitted my mothers SV application on Sept 6th. Here background checks are still in progress.
5, Any other suggestions that you guys have which can help speed up the process and increase the chances of getting the visa? Send the complete application duly completed and checked. Do the upfront medicals to save a little bit of time. Check the application filling guide on the CIC website.

Thank you in advance.

Hello,
Answers to your questions are in RED.
Hope this helps.
USK

sohaib

Apr 28, 2010
Lahore
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-06-2010
Doc's Request.
13-10-2010
Nomination.....
18-01-11 (Documents sent to CHC London)
AOR Received.
In Process on 08-05-12
File Transfer...
received 6-12 months letter on 19-05-12
Med's Request
22-07-14
Med's Done....
25-08-2014
Passport Req..
waiting...
LANDED..........
25-06-2015
Hi,

I am planning to invite my father to stay two months in 2019 with me. I am eligible to apply for the super visa. However I have a concerns:

1- He is currently working in Pakistan and working.

Considering his job in Pak and staying with me for two months only, Should I apply for SV or regular visit visa?

Thanks.

Best,
Sohaib

ali45

Dec 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you got any updates? I am still waiting....

USK

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Did you got any updates? I am still waiting....
What does your MYCIC say?

My mother's background checks are in progress. App was received by the Islamabad office on Sept 6th.
Upfront Medicals passed in the first week of Oct.

bikanair

May 29, 2018
We got Passport request for my father's super visa, my father lives in a city closer to Faisalabad, what are his options to send passport to Canadian embassy Islamabad? Is there any VFS/VAC center in Faisalabad, can he send his passport through regular courier service( ICS, OCS or TCS?) with return service?

USK

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
We got Passport request for my father's super visa, my father lives in a city closer to Faisalabad, what are his options to send passport to Canadian embassy Islamabad? Is there any VFS/VAC center in Faisalabad, can he send his passport through regular courier service( ICS, OCS or TCS?) with return service?
You need to submit the passport through VFS.
VFS Global offices are in Khi, Lahore and ISD only.

USK

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
biometric is expired what we need to do?
How do you know biometrics are expired? Usually these are good for 10 years (at least for my parents).

If immigration officer / visa office has told you about the biometrics been expired, then you need to go to the VFS global office to redo the biometrics.
HTH.