syali

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Applied for my Mother’s Super-visa today, will update the progress here. Current timeline is 9.4 months

Applied supervisa 21st Oct 2020

Jeet221990

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Passport Req..
08-06-2022
Applied for my Mother’s Super-visa today, will update the progress here. Current timeline is 9.4 months

Applied supervisa 21st Oct 2020
Hi, Can you please suggest a template for Purpose of Travel? And did you attach any evidences that she owns some property/etc in Home country?

DRS1234

Jun 22, 2015
Has anybody had any success by filling a request form to prioritize their parent's super visa application?
Also, is it ok to write, in the reason for the request section, that Grandparents will be taking care of the kids so that parents can concentrate on their work? will this have a negative impact on the application as Grandparents would technically be taking a paid job away from someone working in the daycare?

As in my opinion, Canada is always short on caregivers and daycare providers especially now during COVID-19, so this shouldn't have a negative impact.
Can someone share their thoughts/experience on this point?

bossofbees

Star Member
Jan 10, 2017
NOC Code......
Hi, I am planning to apply for super visa for my mother in Nepal. I will complete and submit the application online on her behalf. I live in Halton region, ON and have a PR.

1) In the application checklist there is a supporting document called 'Notice of assessment'. I believe this will be my notice of tax assessment and not my mother's? Can anyone confirm?

2) For proof of relationship, can I submit my birth certificate that lists her as my mother?

3) What should I write in the letter of invitation?

4) If the application moves forward and they ask her to go for biometrics, what documents will she have to bring with her to the biometric center? What info is written in those documents? I am asking because there is a change in my marital status that I cannot tell her right now. It will kill me if I break her heart.
Thank you

conanl

Mar 22, 2019
Hi All ,

Under "Purpose of Travel - Other (required)", I have couple of questions :-
1. Do I need to do the medical upfront ? If no, then what should I write ?
2. DO I need to buy the flight tickets now ?

Remarks written in the site are as below :-

A scanned copy of:

• Your flight ticket departing Canada,
  • Your travel itinerary (e.g. places you will visit or stay, such as hotel booking),
  • Proof of a medical appointment

Windsorvasi

Jan 8, 2020
Hello,
1. You will not need to show your wife's income as you are way above LICO. However, your application will look better if you would submit wife's Employment Letter as well. I would show it.
2. You must show your parents' bank statement (3-6) months. $10k will be enough for sure.
3. In your bank $10-$12k will be okay but more is better.

Thanks!
@ottawa's buddy Thanks for the information. I am trying to process my parents Supervisa too. A question on parent's bank statement. Where do we upload this document? In the application checklist , there is no separate provision to prove ties back in home country.

Windsorvasi

Jan 8, 2020
HI Metalhead, just for clearity , of below pint

2) My mother does not have any source of income (except for a small amount of monthly provident fund) and I support her financially. Is it ok to show $3K - $4K worth of fixed deposits in her bank account?
JC:: I applied for my mother, I showed 7K recently. Her Super Visa is approved.

I showed 20K in my Canadian account, but in my mother and father joint bank account in India, I showed 7K. Thank you
I hope this helps
@Jack-Can - Have been reading your replies to some questions regarding SuperVisa in this forum. Very helpful. In the 'Application Document Checklist' page, i do not see any separate place to upload documents to show parent's bank statements , property tax etc. Have been writing this in several threads hoping to get some answers.

Where should i upload those proof documents?

manpreet2567

Star Member
Oct 12, 2018
Congratulations, can you please provide your parents application date & approval date ? My parents received approval in July and still waiting for ppr.
Thanks, I applied for my mother on 9th of March and i got visa approval on 4th of August , passport request 6th of November,
I though thats it i can send her passport now , but someone said here i have to wait for courier instruction for cic or VFS.

Iaminca

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
Thanks, I applied for my mother on 9th of March and i got visa approval on 4th of August , passport request 6th of November,
I though thats it i can send her passport now , but someone said here i have to wait for courier instruction for cic or VFS.
Thanks for providing details. Much appreciated have you sent any webforms to new delhi to speed up the process ? My parents applied on March 12th hoping get something.

Yes, you would have to wait for another email for courier instructions and then you can send out the passport.