+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa (October 2019)

Canadadream2009

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020
Finally a Good news my parents just received correspondence letter for Biometric, also Another information letter for which says their Visa is approved and New Delhi mission will contact to advise on next steps. Good luck to everyone:):)
Congratulations!! So happy to know. Did you receive an email or letter in mail ? Cause my representative receive biometric email when We applied for super visa . How did you got to know that visa is approved?

Iaminca

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
Congratulations!! So happy to know. Did you receive an email or letter in mail ? Cause my representative receive biometric email when We applied for super visa . How did you got to know that visa is approved?
We received a email notification but the letter we received is when we login to cic portal. There was another letter called Information Letter, this says that our application for Trv is approved and visa office will contact for next steps.

Canadadream2009

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020
We received a email notification but the letter we received is when we login to cic portal. There was another letter called Information Letter, this says that our application for Trv is approved and visa office will contact for next steps.
After reading your post I saw on cic portal that on July 24 they update that my mom’s biometric is good for next 10 years. That means they are working on my mom’s application as well. Thank you for updates
What did they said in your biometric correspondence letter?? M asking so I will have idea about what will be next step for my mom’s application.

Last edited:

Iaminca

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
After reading your post I saw on cic portal that on July 24 they update that my mom’s biometric is good for next 10 years. That means they are working on my mom’s application as well. Thank you for updates
What did they said in your biometric correspondence letter?? M asking so I will have idea about what will be next step for my mom’s application.
Yes, so first we received correspondence letter which says that our biometric is good for 10 years. Then we received another letter which is Information letter which says that our application is approved. So if you already received correspondence letter then next you should get an approval letter.

Canadadream2009

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020
Yes, so first we received correspondence letter which says that our biometric is good for 10 years. Then we received another letter which is Information letter which says that our application is approved. So if you already received correspondence letter then next you should get an approval letter.
I hope so now :)

Jack-Can

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
Hello @Samy.K , @canuck78 and other members. I am in the process of applying for my mother's Supervisa (who is currently in India) and I have a couple of questions. I would appreciate your response on it :

1) I am a Permanent Resident since April 2019 and my wife is a Canadian citizen. My individual income for the last year pretty much exceeds the LICO. However, should I also attach my wife's NOA to be on a safer side? My invitation letter shows that both me and my wife are inviting my mom to visit us and spend time with us. I am also planning to attach both my and my wife's bank statement to make the case stronger. Do you think this is a good idea?
JC :: YES you can include yours and Spouse NOA for the year 2019

2) My mother does not have any source of income (except for a small amount of monthly provident fund) and I support her financially. Is it ok to show $3K - $4K worth of fixed deposits in her bank account?
JC :: I applied for my mother, I showed 7K recently. Her Super Visa is approved.

3) She owns the apartment where she stays. Hence, I am planning to attach the monthly utility bills, yearly property tax invoices etc. to show her strong ties to India. D you think it will help?
JC :: It should be fine

4) I have read on a few threads about people notarizing the invite letters from lawyers in Canada. Is it a good idea to do this?
JC :: I depends on the VO office , however there is no harm to notarized the invitation letter.As I did notarized for my mother and father Super VIsa application invitation letter.

Lastly, has anyone applied for a supervisa from Mumbai recently? I guess the VFS offices are still closed for the bio-metrics?
JC :: I have no idea about this.

I wish you good luck for your application

Reactions: Metalhead_666

Metalhead_666

Star Member
Apr 12, 2016
Hello @Samy.K , @canuck78 and other members. I am in the process of applying for my mother's Supervisa (who is currently in India) and I have a couple of questions. I would appreciate your response on it :

1) I am a Permanent Resident since April 2019 and my wife is a Canadian citizen. My individual income for the last year pretty much exceeds the LICO. However, should I also attach my wife's NOA to be on a safer side? My invitation letter shows that both me and my wife are inviting my mom to visit us and spend time with us. I am also planning to attach both my and my wife's bank statement to make the case stronger. Do you think this is a good idea?
JC :: YES you can include yours and Spouse NOA for the year 2019

2) My mother does not have any source of income (except for a small amount of monthly provident fund) and I support her financially. Is it ok to show $3K - $4K worth of fixed deposits in her bank account?
JC :: I applied for my mother, I showed 7K recently. Her Super Visa is approved.

3) She owns the apartment where she stays. Hence, I am planning to attach the monthly utility bills, yearly property tax invoices etc. to show her strong ties to India. D you think it will help?
JC :: It should be fine

4) I have read on a few threads about people notarizing the invite letters from lawyers in Canada. Is it a good idea to do this?
JC :: I depends on the VO office , however there is no harm to notarized the invitation letter.As I did notarized for my mother and father Super VIsa application invitation letter.

Lastly, has anyone applied for a supervisa from Mumbai recently? I guess the VFS offices are still closed for the bio-metrics?
JC :: I have no idea about this.

I wish you good luck for your application
Thank you @Jack-Can
Appreciate it!

Jack-Can

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
HI Metalhead, just for clearity , of below pint

JC:: I applied for my mother, I showed 7K recently. Her Super Visa is approved.

I showed 20K in my Canadian account, but in my mother and father joint bank account in India, I showed 7K. Thank you
I hope this helps

Metalhead_666

Star Member
Apr 12, 2016
HI Metalhead, just for clearity , of below pint

JC:: I applied for my mother, I showed 7K recently. Her Super Visa is approved.

I showed 20K in my Canadian account, but in my mother and father joint bank account in India, I showed 7K. Thank you
I hope this helps
Yes. This is helpful. I am planning to show a similar balance in her account. Did she make an FD in the Indian account? Or did she just show it in the savings account?
Lastly, how did they get the biometrics done as the VFS offices in India are closed?

Samy.K

Star Member
Aug 28, 2017

--> My income was over LICO so I did not include my wife but there is no harm to include her as well.
Suggestion - If you have at least $5000 over the LICO and can show more than $12000 in your own bank account then do not include a wife.

---> My parents have a joint account and we showed $6000 in saving account and that worked for us.
If possible show some money in her saving account as well along with the fixed deposit.
Tip - Make sure you do not mention anywhere in your application that she is your dependent or you support her financially.

---> This is actually not needed, if you really want to do then I would suggest getting the done property evaluation and submit that.
I have done the same, I evaluated the property and submitted the papers.
It cost like 5000-7000 rupees if the property is for like 20 lakhs. It depends on the evaluator, they might charge less as well.

---> This is not necessary. I have just printed my invitation letter, signed and scanned.

---> My parents applied from Mumbai but before this pandemic started. I believe they are still closed due to increasing case in India.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need more help. Good luck

Appreciate your inputs!

supervisaapplicant

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Hi Guys,

Hope everyone is keeping safe and healthy.

I have a query related to my parent's super visa application.

Medical for my parents was already cleared in Mar 2020 and we were waiting for passport request however due to the COVID19 travel ban, processing got stopped.

I have read on this IRCC link (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html#existing) that:

If you are eligible to travel to Canada this time then email us and we’ll contact you within 5 business days of getting your email and tell you what to do next.

My question is, has anyone done this to get the decision on their parents' application?

Thank you.

Iaminca

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
Hi Guys,

Hope everyone is keeping safe and healthy.

I have a query related to my parent's super visa application.

Medical for my parents was already cleared in Mar 2020 and we were waiting for passport request however due to the COVID19 travel ban, processing got stopped.

I have read on this IRCC link (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html#existing) that:

If you are eligible to travel to Canada this time then email us and we’ll contact you within 5 business days of getting your email and tell you what to do next.

My question is, has anyone done this to get the decision on their parents' application?

Thank you.
You can send email with the details they are asking for. We did sent the email for my parents supervisa and after that they have received the medicals and approval as well. I recommend you can send email so you could get an approval letter.

supervisaapplicant

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
You can send email with the details they are asking for. We did sent the email for my parents supervisa and after that they have received the medicals and approval as well. I recommend you can send email so you could get an approval letter.
Thanks for your response. I will send an email.

Reactions: Iaminca