+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

jcmal

Jul 30, 2010
Wow I'm getting worried now. My mom is a widow too and has always been a homemaker. She doesn't own any property and the only asset she has is a car. She's living with my brother and half brother. I hope that's a good tie though. :( She's submitting her bank statement. Do you guys think the car ownership will help? It's not listed on the checklist though.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
jcmal said:
Wow I'm getting worried now. My mom is a widow too and has always been a homemaker. She doesn't own any property and the only asset she has is a car. She's living with my brother and half brother. I hope that's a good tie though. :( She's submitting her bank statement. Do you guys think the car ownership will help? It's not listed on the checklist though.
As you can see, I heven't been a successful applicant for my mom. But from what I've seen with others is that FAMILY TIES (which your mom has) and EMPLOYMENT play major role for parents. Bank balance and fixed asset/property would come second to those.

I personally think that car ownership is not considered as an asset to the IO. But I really hope that the IO will be lenient on these issues since it's not regular TRV rather Supervisa (meant for 10 years).

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
I think any rejection for Super Visa should be brought to Mr. Jason Kenney's attention, the media and public channels, as well as Member of Parliament that involved in the immigration reforms.

When all the criteria as set out on CIC website are met, the super visa should be issued within 8 weeks. Visa Officer should not judge an applicant by their presumption. Super Visa is classified as document-based type of TRV.

Government of Canada has agreed that Super Visa is a substitution for parents immigrant visa to help families reunite faster.

imran007

Star Member
Apr 9, 2010
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
4121(University Professor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-11-09
Doc's Request.
18-12-09
Nomination.....
17-04-10
AOR Received.
23-04-10
Hi ,

I apply for the supervisa for my parents...we got the medical request and after submission of medical request now the VO asked for the NOA of prev year.... We came to canada 6 months before..so just worried why he is asking for this doc after medical?

Can he deny the visa based on this? really worried?

is there anyone who has got the visa withput meeting LICO (with just few thousand dollar less)

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imran007 said:
is there anyone who has got the visa withput meeting LICO (with just few thousand dollar less)
Not likely as it is a mandatory requirement.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
As you can see, I heven't been a successful applicant for my mom. But from what I've seen with others is that FAMILY TIES (which your mom has) and EMPLOYMENT play major role for parents. Bank balance and fixed asset/property would come second to those.

I personally think that car ownership is not considered as an asset to the IO. But I really hope that the IO will be lenient on these issues since it's not regular TRV rather Supervisa (meant for 10 years).
I'm not sure FAMILY TIES play major role for parents.

The first invitation for my mother in law was a success but not the second one. The things we submitted in both applications were similar. If the visa office finds ties to country of residence (including immigration status, employment and family ties) and her travel history not to their satisfaction, I don't know why her first visit visa several months ago was a success. Do you guys think writing a complain related letter (to the visa office) would help the cause?

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
imran007 said:
Hi ,

I apply for the supervisa for my parents...we got the medical request and after submission of medical request now the VO asked for the NOA of prev year.... We came to canada 6 months before..so just worried why he is asking for this doc after medical?

Can he deny the visa based on this? really worried?

I thought medical request means initial approval??? Keep us updated plz

goal80

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
I applied for my parents for the super visa 2 weeks ago and still waiting for their response.
I will keep you updated ...

For anyone applied for their parents .. please keep us updated.

emr

Star Member
Aug 13, 2009
Hi everyone,

Thanks to all for their updates.

Was just wondering if the tracker would give us a better update if all us could post when the super visa was applied, country your parents/g'parents are from....along with other timelines....

All the best to everyone.......

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
steaky said:
I'm not sure FAMILY TIES play major role for parents.
I may be biased a bit for my mom; but let me give you 2 examples from my family.

(1) My aunt (mom's elder sister) has just come to Canada in January, 2012 with her son and daughter-in-law. My cousin applied for her (not Supervisa) during his visit to Bangladesh and they granted 6-months single-entry. She is a widow as well like my mom. But she has 1 other son, his wife and grand-daughter back home. She is also govt. employed (not at high level). Her medical condition is not satisfying either as she takes regular insulin for diabetes and has kidney problem. Moreover, it's her first ever visit out of Bangladesh and doesn't have a healthy bank balance.

(2) On the contrary, my mom is a widow, not employed and doesn't have any other child/grand-child. Her health is way better and track record of visiting-returning from other countries is solid. Both my mom and my aunt own separate condos in the same building in Bangladesh (worth of same market value).

goal80

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
TRUONGAN, Imran007, ...
any updates on your parents super visa applications ?

For my parents application, still waiting ...

zstudent

Aug 15, 2011
anyone got medicals for their parents supervisa yet?
lets share the time line..

I submitted on Dec 14th and application processing started Dec 17th at CHC Riyadh

emr

Star Member
Aug 13, 2009
For an easier picture...here goes:

Truongan:
File submitted: 5 Jan 2012
Medicals: 11 Jan 2012

creampuffs:

Jan. 3rd- documents sent
Jan. 7th- received letter for medical
Jan. 11th- done medical
Jan. 13th (10:10am) waiting

zstudent:

File submitted: 14 Dec 2011
Waiting for medicals

imran007:

File submitted : Date not mentioned
Medicals request recd : date not mentioned
Prev year NOA requested by VO

goal80:
File submitted: 2 weeks ago

jcmal

Jul 30, 2010
Document submitted: Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office: Kuala Lumpur

My mom was told to wait for notification on Friday.

All the best to everyone!