+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

jcmal

Jul 30, 2010
Thanks for all the info!! My mom is submitting her application next week in Kuala Lumpur. I'm hoping for the best!

emr

Star Member
Aug 13, 2009
jcmal said:
Thanks for all the info!! My mom is submitting her application next week in Kuala Lumpur. I'm hoping for the best!
All the best and pls do keep us posted if you can!

zstudent

Aug 15, 2011
so anynews on medicals or processing time?
We submitted supervisa application of our parents to Riyadh CHC on Dec 14th, havent received any updates yet, I was hoping they should have sent medicals by now??

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
I still don't know how my mom will prove her ties. She is a widow, not employed and doesn't have any other kid. She has been a housewife all her life. She was denied a visit visa even when she applied to attend my convocation though she has more than 15 countries' visit visa stamped on her passport.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
zstudent said:
so anynews on medicals or processing time?
We submitted supervisa application of our parents to Riyadh CHC on Dec 14th, havent received any updates yet, I was hoping they should have sent medicals by now??
Supervisa is just another category of TRV. CIC says 49 days of processing time for Riyadh (Ref: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/visitors.asp). The average processing time for Supervisa is stated to be 8 weeks (Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2011/2011-11-04.asp).

zstudent

Aug 15, 2011
yep thanks,
the catch here is "average"...

but still medicals should have been sent 4 weeks into the processing time, since they cant take a decision without having medicals and as per average processing time only 4 more weeks are remaining

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
Rossei said:
I still don't know how my mom will prove her ties. She is a widow, not employed and doesn't have any other kid. She has been a housewife all her life. She was denied a visit visa even when she applied to attend my convocation though she has more than 15 countries' visit visa stamped on her passport.
I suggest you to write a good faith letter telling them why it is important for you to have your mom here. Write something touching, sensitive. Ask her to deposit much cash into bank account.
That's what I did b/c I feel my mom' case is tough, too.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
TRUONGAN said:
I suggest you to write a good faith letter telling them why it is important for you to have your mom here. Write something touching, sensitive. Ask her to deposit much cash into bank account.
That's what I did b/c I feel my mom' case is tough, too.
I really don't know how to write something touchy in the invitation letter. As I'm going to my home country in mid-March and wil apply for her during that time; I will wait for your success and borrow the letter from you. Sounds fair?

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
Rossei said:
I really don't know how to write something touchy in the invitation letter. As I'm going to my home country in mid-March and wil apply for her during that time; I will wait for your success and borrow the letter from you. Sounds fair?
The letter is apart from invitation letter. In my case I told them about my journey here in Canada and how strong my wish is to show my mom everything I have achieved in Canada.

Every life is unique so you should write a story of your own and related to your mom (though I don't mind showing you my funny letter when you need). Your English is way better than mine.

I feel that because Super Visa is quite new - visa office will be hesitant to turn an application down because it is a commitment from federal government to help families reunite, so there should be a special treatment other than TRV criteria. I haven't heard of any Super Visa case being rejected so far. In the near future, I don't know. But now, it's been pretty promising!

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
TRUONGAN said:
The letter is apart from invitation letter. In my case I told them about my journey here in Canada and how strong my wish is to show my mom everything I have achieved in Canada.

Every life is unique so you should write a story of your own and related to your mom (though I don't mind showing you my funny letter when you need). Your English is way better than mine.

I feel that because Super Visa is quite new - visa office will be hesitant to turn an application down because it is a commitment from federal government to help families reunite, so there should be a special treatment other than TRV criteria. I haven't heard of any Super Visa case being rejected so far. In the near future, I don't know. But now, it's been pretty promising!
I wasn't aware that I can accompany my mom's application with another letter. I have to tell you this that I briefed about all my achievements in the previous invitation letter when my mom applied to attend my graduation ceremony. She was called for an interview and told that her son did everything by himself and she wasn't of much help in his way. And moreover as she neither was employed nor had any family ties, the VO was suspicious if she would ever come back. My mom became angry hearing all these. When my dad was alive, she never had to face these things.

I'm really hoping that Supervisa is truly different than a regular visit visa to some extent especially meeting the criteria of proving family ties and so on. Still I will impose of borrowing your letter if you don't mind sharing...

By the way, I don't have a clue how you're comparing your English skills with mine. I thought yours is better :eek:

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
Rossei said:
She was called for an interview and told that her son did everything by himself and she wasn't of much help in his way. And moreover as she neither was employed nor had any family ties, the VO was suspicious if she would ever come back. My mom became angry hearing all these. When my dad was alive, she never had to face these things.
OMG This is quite shocking even to me.
What was IO's position to make such a judgement to a mother? How did s/he manage to know all your family situation to say that? I feel this was very misleading statement!

Now you should use that argument to write another letter saying otherwise and that with the super visa in place, you do not want to see your mom get upset again for not being able to see her son in Canada. in any letter and document you send in, try to mention the word 'temporary stay' as much as possible.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
TRUONGAN said:
OMG This is quite shocking even to me.
What was IO's position to make such a judgement to a mother? How did s/he manage to know all your family situation to say that? I feel this was very misleading statement!

Now you should use that argument to write another letter saying otherwise and that with the super visa in place, you do not want to see your mom get upset again for not being able to see her son in Canada. in any letter and document you send in, try to mention the word 'temporary stay' as much as possible.
Since the Visa processing has been outsourced to VFS (Visa Facilitation Service) in Bangladesh, all the local people work there and they are not as nice as they are supposed to be. People at the Canadian High Consulate are pretty nice though regular applicants are not allowed there. Whenever I need to do something in Bangladesah, I straight make my path to the consulate.

Let me tell you another story about a mom. She was a widow as well and was told that she could marry someone after reaching Canada and stay forever. It was totally unacceptable though she got visa later.

Anyway, thanks for the tips of writing "temporary stay" frequently.

stupidrim

Star Member
Jun 23, 2011
emr said:
Docs you can check on the CIC website. You will get all the info there for your other Q's as well.....still.....Yes, you have to buy insurance before applying for the super visa...and it should be valid for one year.
All the best......
Hi emr,
Thanks for your reply. but one thing not clear, did u mean i can buy 6 month insurance which should be valid for one year or i will have to buy for one year insurance for appying supervisa?

Please clear it to me

pulsarsidhu

Nov 24, 2011
Yeah, You have to buy 1 year health insurance of $100,000 and it can cost you based on ur parents age and health conditions.