Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
2k4accord said:
Hey,

Did she has provide any documents relating to how much wealth/property/money she has in Viet Nam?
yes, her bank account and house owership! these are not required but we just voluntarily submit them to make the case stronger

emr

Star Member
Aug 13, 2009
@ TRUONGAN: Thank you so much for your update. That was indeed quick - within 6 days :)

Will highly appreciate it if you could let us know what were all the medicals done for your Mother once she is through with it of course, if you do not mind? Thanks in advance!

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
emr said:
@ TRUONGAN: Thank you so much for your update. That was indeed quick - within 6 days :)

Will highly appreciate it if you could let us know what were all the medicals done for your Mother once she is through with it of course, if you do not mind? Thanks in advance!
lung xray, blood, medical history questions, weight, height. same as any immigration medical exam. she completed it yesterday.

emr

Star Member
Aug 13, 2009
@TRUONGAN : Thank you so very much for your prompt reply. Really appreciated.

Sorry to bother you again...it's just that my Dad has some pre-existing conditions....so was wondering what all was covered in the blood work/tests....could you pls let me know? Thanks in advance!

All the best for your Mom!!!!

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
is the medical request a very good sign for super visa? im still somehow worried until I see the visa

creampuffs

Jan 12, 2012
Just wanna share my parents-in-law's time line
Jan. 3rd- documents sent
Jan. 7th- received letter for medical
Jan. 11th- done medical
Jan. 13th (10:10am) waiting for what will happen next ::)

we're hoping for visa

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
TRUONGAN said:
is the medical request a very good sign for super visa? im still somehow worried until I see the visa
Hey TRUONGAN, I didn't know that you are into SuperVisa as well. I hope you don't mind telling me where you bought MEDICAL INSURANCE for your mom. I will be applying for my mom when I go to Bangladesh in this March.

As far I've seen, getting medical request for a Canadian visa is a positive sign (you may know as well). But SuperVisa may not be same as regular visa especially when they are granted only to parents/grand-parents. So, their health issue is a prime concern for Canadian Govt.

Anyway, good luck to your mom! Keep posting!

emr

Star Member
Aug 13, 2009
@TRUONGAN : Medicals is one of the steps of Super visa.

@creampuffs: All the best for your in-laws' visas. Pls do keep us posted on the same, thanks!

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
Rossei said:
Hey TRUONGAN, I didn't know that you are into SuperVisa as well. I hope you don't mind telling me where you bought MEDICAL INSURANCE for your mom. I will be applying for my mom when I go to Bangladesh in this March.

As far I've seen, getting medical request for a Canadian visa is a positive sign (you may know as well). But SuperVisa may not be same as regular visa especially when they are granted only to parents/grand-parents. So, their health issue is a prime concern for Canadian Govt.

Anyway, good luck to your mom! Keep posting!
I bought it from GMS - General Medical Services or sth a Saskatoon-based company. They charge $1007 a year for $1000 deductible I think this is the cheapest I could find.

@emr: So you are saying for Super Visa, medical exam doesn't guarantee anything? :( I hope they done screening her file and only wait for the medical result to issue visa.

stupidrim

Star Member
Jun 23, 2011
TRUONGAN said:
I bought it from GMS - General Medical Services or sth a Saskatoon-based company. They charge $1007 a year for $1000 deductible I think this is the cheapest I could find.

@ emr: So you are saying for Super Visa, medical exam doesn't guarantee anything? :( I hope they done screening her file and only wait for the medical result to issue visa.
Which documents needed to apply for super visa? Do you have to buy insurance before applying for super visa? For how long i have to buy insurance for applying supervisa?How much it may cost?
Can anyone please help? thanks

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
stupidrim said:
Which documents needed to apply for super visa? Do you have to buy insurance before applying for super visa? For how long i have to buy insurance for applying supervisa?How much it may cost?
Please read the CIC website.

emr

Star Member
Aug 13, 2009
stupidrim said:
Docs you can check on the CIC website. You will get all the info there for your other Q's as well.....still.....Yes, you have to buy insurance before applying for the super visa...and it should be valid for one year.
All the best......

emr

Star Member
Aug 13, 2009
TRUONGAN said:

@ emr: So you are saying for Super Visa, medical exam doesn't guarantee anything? :( I hope they done screening her file and only wait for the medical result to issue visa.
Hmmmm, not sure what the procedure is...they might want to finish off with the meds first before going through the appl and the supporting docs.....

creampuffs

Jan 12, 2012
emr said:
@ TRUONGAN : Medicals is one of the steps of Super visa.

@ creampuffs: All the best for your in-laws' visas. Pls do keep us posted on the same, thanks!
@EMR thank you!...all the best for your mom too!