Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
goal80 said:
If you can wait a bit, I would suggest to wait till you get your noa of 2011
Submit your tax declaration as soon as you receive your T4.
Send your declaration electronically using any tax software like (quicktax,...).
You will receive your NOA in less than 2 weeks.

If you can't wait, attach the last 5-6 pay slips + a letter from your employer showing your current salary, the start date and your position...

Don't submit the NOA of 2010, because it's half salary, and the embassy may not pay attention that this is your first NOA in Canada.
You make re-consider to apply little late. My mom wants me to apply for her while I'm there back home. And if she gets through within a month, I can bring her with me. That's tha plan.

Well, this isn't my first NOA as I've been living here for last 6 years. I did my undergrad here. But surely, 2011 will be the first year that I worked from Jan - Dec (other than co-op). But is it a fact that one can expect NOA within 2 weeks of the time he files tax declaration? As far I remember, it always comes in May~June period.

Thanks for your advice though. I appreciate it.

ipskang

Star Member
Feb 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
23-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
I am planning to apply for my mom super visa in Feb. I think we should provide as much information as we can. My mom is a widow too but I have brother who is back in India. Still couple of questions for you guys

1. Has anyone did research which insurance company good in terms of reimbursement? We don't want to save few dollars if that company is no good in need time

2. What proof of relationship are you using?
I don't have my name in birth certificate ( that time it was issued without name) . I hope Passport copies/High Secondary certificate will work

3. Father's name is different in mine and mother's passport
Mine Passoprt : AB Singh XXX
Mother's Passsport AB Singh

Does that make any difference?

Regards

ipskang

Star Member
Feb 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
23-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
Isn't it better to attach T4 slips with application?

Rossei said:
You make re-consider to apply little late. My mom wants me to apply for her while I'm there back home. And if she gets through within a month, I can bring her with me. That's tha plan.

Well, this isn't my first NOA as I've been living here for last 6 years. I did my undergrad here. But surely, 2011 will be the first year that I worked from Jan - Dec (other than co-op). But is it a fact that one can expect NOA within 2 weeks of the time he files tax declaration? As far I remember, it always comes in May~June period.

goal80

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Rossei said:

Last year:
I submitted my declaration (online) on: 10 March
Date of assessment : 21 March

I don't remember on which day I received the NOA, but let's say on April 1st.
So the delay is around 20 days (if done online) - not two weeks as I said before.

If that does not fit in your time frame, so submit T4 and all the other documentation you can provide at this time.
But I suggest not to send your NOA of 2010 as the total income indicated is the half.

mutt391

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
Vancouver,BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2010
Nomination.....
31-03-2010
AOR Received.
10-09-2010
IELTS Request
Not Required
File Transfer...
Never Happened..
Med's Request
10-09-2010
Med's Done....
21-09-2010 (Sent to Ottawa Per Medical Personel)
Interview........
Not Required.
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
PP Sent: 04-04-2011 /PP & VISA RECEIVED: 29-04-2011
LANDED..........
1-05-2011
I was reading the main requirements for the super visa and one of them says "ties to the home country" how is this any different from applying for a regular tourist visa. My folks are old and jobless and i cant sponsor them yet due to the backlog. Thoughts anyone?

C

CalgaryKD

Hey Guys,

I got an update! My mother was denied a Super Visa! She is a business woman, she has been running her business for over 11 years and she has assets and money in the bank account and yet she was denied a Super Visa! It aint Super is it!

I had a year long Insurance Coverage and everything. I had a statutory declaration form and I undertook financial responsibilities over her. I even went and saw a lawyer and she managed all my documents and she said this is the best that it could get. My mother got all her documents sent back to her with a refusal letter cuz they think she won't return back to her home country. All the documents are sent back in the same order as it was and nothing has been taken out of the pile. I think that Immigration Officer did not even took anything into consideration!

I am really disappointed! Super Visa is a Joke!

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
CalgaryKD said:
Hey Guys,

I got an update! My mother was denied a Super Visa! She is a business woman, she has been running her business for over 11 years and she has assets and money in the bank account and yet she was denied a Super Visa! It aint Super is it!

I had a year long Insurance Coverage and everything. I had a statutory declaration form and I undertook financial responsibilities over her. I even went and saw a lawyer and she managed all my documents and she said this is the best that it could get. My mother got all her documents sent back to her with a refusal letter cuz they think she won't return back to her home country. All the documents are sent back in the same order as it was and nothing has been taken out of the pile. I think that Immigration Officer did not even took anything into consideration!

I am really disappointed! Super Visa is a Joke!
I am sorry to hear this news

Where did she apply? Was she touched base for medical request or anything, or just a straight refusal?

jcmal

Jul 30, 2010
@CalgaryKD: I'm so so so sorry to hear this! It sounds to me that the officer didn't even review the entire application!

I submitted the Option C printout for both my husband & I. I'm not sure how is that different from the NOA. I remember I read somewhere that if a parent/grandparent has a PR application in process, they should qualify for Super Visa. I submitted my mom's application in Sept 10. With that it does show an intention that my mom has plan to live here permanently... If she's refused for "ties in home country", this Super Visa really aint no super... :mad:

Juzer

May 27, 2011
@Calagary Kid..Am so sorry to hear that the parent super visa was rejected.I know you must be heart broken right now. I think you should re-submit your application with a covering letter explaining your situation and also enclose the minister statement which said that the goverment of Canada is making every effort possible to re-unite families. Maybe it may help. Some VO are just not human. They are there just to reject peoples application.
Could you give us more information on which embassy you submitted your mothers application and after submission how long did they take to send the refusal letter. Did they ask your mother to submit medicals?

goal80

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
@ Calagary Kid:
I'm sorry to hear that
What's the refusal reason indicated in the rejection letter ?

Did she stayed more than 6 months in her last visit ?
Did she applied to extend her stay in Canada before ? - very important

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
I'm all scared by now after seeing CalgaryKD's case. CIC always says that PGP has to be admissible in Canada first. By that I think they mean PGP has to prove family ties, employment, healthy financial condition and all. If he/she proves this first then the VO will check upon medical insruance, sponsor's income and the rest.

This seems hopeless for me. My mom was rejected twice before in the same ground for not having enough family ties. And she will never grow ties.

Visa officers consider several factors before deciding if a person is admissible. The person must be a genuine visitor to Canada who will leave by choice at the end of the visit. Among the things that could be considered are:

the person's ties to the home country;
the purpose of the visit;
the person's family and financial situation;
the overall economic and political stability of the home country; and
an invitation from a Canadian host.

In addition to being found admissible to Canada, the parent or grandparent must also:

provide a written commitment of financial support from their child or grandchild in Canada who meets a minimum income threshold;
prove that they have bought Canadian medical insurance coverage for at least one year; and
complete an Immigration Medical Examination.

Ref: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/supervisa-who.asp

emr

Star Member
Aug 13, 2009
This is indeed very sad and frustrating. Apparently Super visa was introduced to re-unite families!!! Like the others I think you should re-submit/re-appeal the same.

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
emr said:
This is indeed very sad and frustrating. Apparently Super visa was introduced to re-unite families!!! Like the others I think you should re-submit/re-appeal the same.
If you are anywhere near Ottawa, I suggest you to go straight to the Office of Minister Jason Kenney and request a personal meeting with him. If he cannot meet you then leave on his desk all the documents you submitted along with a covering letter telling him: see, your staff didn't even bother to look at the documents. Government of Canada is trying hard to help families reunite but visa officers abroad just do opposite. What is that all about?

You can also seek for voices from media, the MP, the immigration critics and the citizenship and immigration standing committee in Parliament. I know it sounds too much of a battle for you but believe me, if you go for it, you will win sooner or later and your mom will be here. Make your case heard!!!

Canada is a democratic country, Canadian values are not same as Iran, Iraq, Cuba, North Korea where the people must worship the government and tolerate whatever government officials say to them. Hell no here in Canada - thats one of the core values why we all chose to come here. Canadian government is elected by the people and work for people. There will be new government after this one so nothing is everlasting in Canada. Have faith! And fight hard, man! You will win, and we are with you.

You can use my campaign website at www.asongformrkenney.ca to present your case to the public. I can make the homepage for your story. I hate injustice - I hate discrimination, especially when it comes to parental immigration.

pulsarsidhu

Nov 24, 2011
Well...we all would like to hear from Calgary KD back, as there must be a strong reason (may be LICO, or earlier denied visa, Country's political and financial situation)..It could be anything that make the VO not to look into documents. Guys, every case is different here. Please Do not feel hopeless. And the most important thing is how close the parent or Grand parent is to get PR in Canada. If somebody has done his/her medicals for PR is waiting for decision, there are high chances for denial of super Visa. I am sorry to hear for Calgary KD, re-apply with case amendment would be a wise choice.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Much as the government have said that super visas are to reunite families, there will always be rejections.

Until there is more information from Calgary KD, anyone who has applied (or is thinking about applying) should stay positive.