zhanghan said:
hi,which province do you applied?
Ontario, online application.

zhanghan

Jul 28, 2014
lcnana said:
hi all

just want to share my timeline with you guys

i am located in Ontario and i applied my study permit on Jun15th. i got my first blank update on Jul.20th and my second blank update on Jul.27th. I just checked my application and it shows approved (Jul 28th)

everybody good luck with your application and i am sure yours is on your way too :)
I think the date of your applied should be May 15th,all is more than 70 days in Ontario.

anusreesub

May 6, 2015
Hi all,

glad to inform you that I just got my study permit approval . (change of status from OWP to SP)
I didnt get any update mails, but I was checking mycic frequently because of the previous msgs here.

Applied on May 17th with upfront medical
Approved on July31st
several blank updates in between
Processing time :75 days, online application, Ontario

Good luck to all who are waiting. Keep checking mycic frequently.

does anybody know when can I expect the permit in mail? 6-10 days?

Thanks

samroc

Oct 7, 2013
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017
LANDED..........
10-10-2017
Congrats. i got my permit in about 3 business days! I couldn't believe it. Approved on July 27th and got the permit in the mail on July 30th. I am in Alberta.

anusreesub

May 6, 2015
samroc said:
Congrats. i got my permit in about 3 business days! I couldn't believe it. Approved on July 27th and got the permit in the mail on July 30th. I am in Alberta.
thanks samroc for prompt reply

yasamin

Jul 31, 2015
I applied on May 22nd, and have not heard back yet. I am in Alberta. I wonder why you guys think the processing is different for different provinces? Isn't there a central processing unit?
Also, do you think it depends on the permit expiration date? My permit expires on September 30th, but I should leave Canada in one month for an internship (and I have mentioned that in my application). If I don't hear back right away (to be able to apply for renewing my visa), I may have to leave Canada and apply for everything again. :( Any thoughts?

Also, does anyone know how long the visa extension processing takes? And how long it takes to receive the passport by mail after sending it?

anusreesub

May 6, 2015
yasamin said:
I applied on May 22nd, and have not heard back yet. I am in Alberta. I wonder why you guys think the processing is different for different provinces? Isn't there a central processing unit?
Also, do you think it depends on the permit expiration date? My permit expires on September 30th, but I should leave Canada in one month for an internship (and I have mentioned that in my application). If I don't hear back right away (to be able to apply for renewing my visa), I may have to leave Canada and apply for everything again. :( Any thoughts?

Also, does anyone know how long the visa extension processing takes? And how long it takes to receive the passport by mail after sending it?

hi yasmin, i dont think it depends on expiration date, i had valid OWP till may 2016. I think you should wait, you may gt it in a week or two. If you leave canada you might have to start all over again.

plus, the province thing.. I heard it quite faster for Quebec because they have a different route.

acc to the site processing time is 95 days(but not updated for two weeks now) , I got it after 75 days.

yasamin

Jul 31, 2015
anusreesub said:
hi yasmin, i dont think it depends on expiration date, i had valid OWP till may 2016. I think you should wait, you may gt it in a week or two. If you leave canada you might have to start all over again.

plus, the province thing.. I heard it quite faster for Quebec because they have a different route.

acc to the site processing time is 95 days(but not updated for two weeks now) , I got it after 75 days.

Thanks. They have just updated the processing time (it says 57 days now). So this is my new problem! It's past processing time and I still haven't heard back. I called them, and they said you'll hear back by a month... As in one month is no big deal...:(

zhanghan

Jul 28, 2014
yasamin said:
Thanks. They have just updated the processing time (it says 57 days now). So this is my new problem! It's past processing time and I still haven't heard back. I called them, and they said you'll hear back by a month... As in one month is no big deal...:(
It's 57 days if you apply today,I think you will be approval next week,don' worry.

Heline

Jul 25, 2015
Hello Everybody!

Applied on June 27th
Approved today, July 31st
Now I am waiting for the document. Do you know how long does it take by mail?

Thank you.

morsy86

May 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ontario,
Applied June 20th,
Blank updates : June 21st. July 16th
Still waiting

zhanghan

Jul 28, 2014
Heline said:
Hello Everybody!

Applied on June 27th
Approved today, July 31st
Now I am waiting for the document. Do you know how long does it take by mail?

Thank you.
Which province?Quebec?

harbee

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
Hi guys...pls how do I contact cic. I submitted application may 15. Now they are working on May 27.

I guess my case is exceptional cus I came into Canada 2 months to my visa expiration.

Maybe that is why there is delay.