+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extensions

menezes

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
Anna_polaca said:
Hi all, so the same with me!!! :) on myCIC account it shows approved without and email notice - I applied on April 24th for change status from OWP to SP(SAIT, Calgary, Alberta), I also applied for WP extension based on my SP, for my husband but it is still in process :(
Hi Anna, did you receive any news about your husband OWP extension?
I also applied for a study permit extension + OWP extension to my wife, and I am still waiting for both.

Applied on june 11

Anna_polaca

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
menezes said:
Hi Anna, did you receive any news about your husband OWP extension?
I also applied for a study permit extension + OWP extension to my wife, and I am still waiting for both.

Applied on june 11
Hi! Unfortunately no! I am starting to worry, I was told that our visas should come together :/

menezes

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
Anna_polaca said:
Hi! Unfortunately no! I am starting to worry, I was told that our visas should come together :/
Did you call CIC? maybe they can see what is happening..

Anna_polaca

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
menezes said:
Did you call CIC? maybe they can see what is happening..
We applied throuh an immigration company and I asked them if maybe we should call CIC but they told me that the processing time on CIC website for extension of WP is currently 106 days/ they are working on applications submitted on April 8th....so they won't answer our inquires and we have to wait :/

niconiconi

Aug 6, 2015
Hello all,

My time line:

Applied on: June 19th,
2 blank update last week
Approved on: Aug 6th without email notification
Alberta

kumrohit

May 19, 2012
Hello all,

My time line:

Applied on: June 30th,

one blank update

Approved on: Aug 6th without email notification

toronto

menezes

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
Timeline:

Applied on june 11th

approved on august 7 ( 57 days)

Alberta

Still waiting for my wife's OWP extension

Anna, we are in the same situation...

morsy86

May 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anna_polaca said:
We applied throuh an immigration company and I asked them if maybe we should call CIC but they told me that the processing time on CIC website for extension of WP is currently 106 days/ they are working on applications submitted on April 8th....so they won't answer our inquires and we have to wait :/
I thought that dependent paperwork processing time would follow the main applicant's paper work and would just get approved with it.
I applied June 20th for SP exten and OWP exten for my wife, Visitor exten for my son. Is it common now that i'll get the SP and wait for the others?

yasamin

Jul 31, 2015
Hi all,

Does anyone know how long the temporary resident visa application and mailing is taking right now? The website is updated and it's longer than before again. I am leaving Canada soon, so I am really hoping that it is less than what the website currently says.

menezes

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
morsy86 said:
I thought that dependent paperwork processing time would follow the main applicant's paper work and would just get approved with it.
I applied June 20th for SP exten and OWP exten for my wife, Visitor exten for my son. Is it common now that i'll get the SP and wait for the others?
As I said above, the same happened to my application. Still waiting for my wife's OWP. I will call CIC monday to see what they say.

Maybe there is some problem because the processing time to process a work permit is increasing every week.

casualpunx

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Has anyone in this page ever got the same problem like me.

According I saw many you guys have to same problem waiting for so long, and I have applied for 73 days since May 26, 2015.

I decided to call the call center and told them my problem; I gave her and client number. After that only 1 hour the status in application changed to

be APPROVED, but when I clicked inside the status still be open and no more information about approve.

Timeline:

Applied on May 26, 2015

Approve on - Still waiting

Alberta

libiyagirl

Apr 20, 2011
Hi guys,

Glad to know that now they speed up for the online application! I'm really stupid. When I applied the processing time for paper and online was the same, and I thought they would ask me mailing my CAQ anyways (I'm in quebec obviously). Now I see it's still 104 days for paper application, and seems like they don't ask CAQ by mail anymore!!!!! :'(

Anyone else applied on paper? Did you receive anything yet? What do you think of the risk apply online now?

Thanks very much!

Josh21

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
libiyagirl said:
Hi guys,

Glad to know that now they speed up for the online application! I'm really stupid. When I applied the processing time for paper and online was the same, and I thought they would ask me mailing my CAQ anyways (I'm in quebec obviously). Now I see it's still 104 days for paper application, and seems like they don't ask CAQ by mail anymore!!!!! :'(

Anyone else applied on paper? Did you receive anything yet? What do you think of the risk apply online now?

Thanks very much!
Dont apply twice, it will delay the process even further.

NTNBaessi

Jan 3, 2015
I have applied on May 28th and I'm still waiting for an answer.
Do you guys think that I should contact CIC about it?
I mean, the website is showing June 10th already, starting to get worried.
Anyone here in the same situation? Is this normal?