+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extensions

casualpunx

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
NTNBaessi said:
I have applied on May 28th and I'm still waiting for an answer.
Do you guys think that I should contact CIC about it?
I mean, the website is showing June 10th already, starting to get worried.
Anyone here in the same situation? Is this normal?
I applied on May 26. First I worried same as you, and then I called to call center and let them know that I had been waiting for too long.

The clerk sent my request in to the office as she said, then the next day I got approved right away.

NTNBaessi

Jan 3, 2015
casualpunx said:
I applied on May 26. First I worried same as you, and then I called to call center and let them know that I had been waiting for too long.

The clerk sent my request in to the office as she said, then the next day I got approved right away.
Thank you. :)
I'll do that next Monday and see how it goes.

GABB

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2014
AOR Received.
12 feb 2015
Med's Request
11 apr 2016, medicals, RCMP, PCC, Schedule A
Interview........
august 24,2016
libiyagirl said:
Thanks! I just pray for them speeding up paper application too...
my sister applied on june 29th 2015, and got approved on 7th august.

summergirl

Aug 10, 2015
Hey there,

just wanted to share my info with you all and hope it'll be of help.
Applied: July 8th
Updates: Jul 9, 21 and Aug 7
Approved: Aug 7 (31 Days)
Province: Quebec (applied with CAQ)
Expiry of my old SP: Aug 31 2015

They seem a little faster than a few weeks ago. I tried to call them around 10 times to check in but never got through. If you're in Canada, an option to inquire about your app or get assistance if your case is urgent, get in touch with your local Member of Parliament and have them enquire. In my case there was an imminent issue of losing implied status had they not approved it so fast because of summer travel.
Good luck to all those waiting!

harbee

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
Hi guys, I need your guide; although this is lengthy, just trying to be detailed....but pls help read through it

I got my study visa in march 2014 to expire by June 2015, but I didn't come to Canada until May 2015 and I submitted an extension immediately. Although, it is yet to be approved. Just hoping it comes soon. I should end my course in December so the new visa may expire by March 2016.

The next program I wish to do will start in September 2016 in another school. That means i have to be out of school for 8 months which I know cic won't allow and will rather want me to apply for postgraduate work permit. I don't really know what to do.

Someone suggested that I should take a break now in September 2015 and resume back by January 2016 to complete this first course which will now end in April 2016, but my worry is that I still have to submit another extension by January 2016 so as to be able to complete the course which will now end in April. But the second course is starting by September 2016 to August 2017. So I may have to submit an extension the third time.

Am worried that my 2nd study permit extension may expire by July 2016. (CiC gives 3 months + completion date).

Now am really confused if I will have to submit the third extension again by May 2016 again so I can complete my 2nd course ending in August 2017.

That means I eventually took the 8 months break but splitted it into 2..... So confused

My questions are:

Can I apply for an extension thrice....
Will deferring the second semester really help my situation...

Please save a soul......Thankss

menezes

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
harbee said:
Hi guys, I need your guide; although this is lengthy, just trying to be detailed....but pls help read through it

I got my study visa in march 2014 to expire by June 2015, but I didn't come to Canada until May 2015 and I submitted an extension immediately. Although, it is yet to be approved. Just hoping it comes soon. I should end my course in December so the new visa may expire by March 2016.

The next program I wish to do will start in September 2016 in another school. That means i have to be out of school for 8 months which I know cic won't allow and will rather want me to apply for postgraduate work permit. I don't really know what to do.

Someone suggested that I should take a break now in September 2015 and resume back by January 2016 to complete this first course which will now end in April 2016, but my worry is that I still have to submit another extension by January 2016 so as to be able to complete the course which will now end in April. But the second course is starting by September 2016 to August 2017. So I may have to submit an extension the third time.

Am worried that my 2nd study permit extension may expire by July 2016. (CiC gives 3 months + completion date).

Now am really confused if I will have to submit the third extension again by May 2016 again so I can complete my 2nd course ending in August 2017.

That means I eventually took the 8 months break but splitted it into 2..... So confused

My questions are:

Can I apply for an extension thrice....
Will deferring the second semester really help my situation...

Please save a soul......Thankss

Why you don't take Open Studies during next winter? just to maintain yourself as a full time student

just my opinion

libiyagirl

Apr 20, 2011
GABB said:
my sister applied on june 29th 2015, and got approved on 7th august.
That's great news! Did she apply online or paper? How did they inform her if it was by mail? Did they email her or send the study permit to her without any notification?

Thanks a lot!

Aug 13, 2015
Hi!
I applied for my study permit extension on June 19, 2015. I called CIC today and they said that I can expect that my application to be processed by next week. But one of my friend who applied on July 3rd has already got the approval. Does this mean that CIC does not process application on the basis of first come first serve i.e. according to time of arrival of application? Or is the delay because I got my passport renewed few months ago.
Please can anyone suggest me why is it so? It will be a great help!

dreamy

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
Hi

Applied for extension of my student permit on May 20th thru a representative.

The package does include open work permit extension for my wife and visitor visa extension for my children - all dependent on my student permit extension.

I called CIC last friday and the CIC call centre representative said she will send the reminder to CIC.

I checked from my representative today too but he hasn't recd any update.

Not sure what to do in this situation.

Windmill

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
I submitted a paper applucation on June 1st for my son for study permit extension, no news yet. According the website it will be mid September with the current lead times.

harbee

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
Hi friends....pls I submitted my application May 15 and it is yet to be approved.

I have made several calls to call centre, was told that they are working on it. But i guess I made a mistake in my applicatuon...

The question:

Have u stayed outside for the past 6 months should be yes for me because I came in wen my visa was almost expiring. But I picked no....

Pls kindly advice me. I am thinking I should submit a medical report though not requested or I should contact an agent.