+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extensions

lcnana

Jan 28, 2015
hi all

just want to share my timeline with you guys

i am located in Ontario and i applied my study permit on Jun15th. i got my first blank update on Jul.20th and my second blank update on Jul.27th. I just checked my application and it shows approved (Jul 28th)

everybody good luck with your application and i am sure yours is on your way too :)

roadtofreedom16

Star Member
Jun 5, 2014
lcnana said:
hi all

i am located in Ontario and i applied my study permit on Jun15th. i got my first blank update on Jul.20th and my second blank update on Jul.27th. I just checked my application and it shows approved (Jul 28th)

everybody good luck with your application and i am sure yours is on your way too :)
Awesome! Happy for you! and Many Thanks for your information.

bluecats17

Jul 25, 2015
lcnana said:
hi all

hi, guys.
I just checked my CIC account because lcnana got some mysterious emails from CIC and then approved without email notice.
Then, I could find my application was also approved without email notice!!!!
when I checked my CIC account in this morning, it had not been approved yet.
When I checked it in this evening, I found it "UPDATE" and also "APPROVED".

I applied on 19th May.
I got some mysterious update emails from CIC on July 2nd, 23rd, 26th.
I am BC applicant.

Thank you for your info and supports.
Good luck, everyone!

Divi707

Sep 19, 2014
hi iam doing ibm in Ontario and it was about to end

can anyone guide me regarding which course to take in January for my study permit extension so that i can get 3 year work visa

and which province is more suitable for students like us for easy settlement i.e. PR

roadtofreedom16

Star Member
Jun 5, 2014
bluecats17 said:
hi, guys.
I just checked my CIC account because lcnana got some mysterious emails from CIC and then approved without email notice.
Then, I could find my application was also approved without email notice!!!!
when I checked my CIC account in this morning, it had not been approved yet.
When I checked it in this evening, I found it "UPDATE" and also "APPROVED".

I applied on 19th May.
I got some mysterious update emails from CIC on July 2nd, 23rd, 26th.
I am BC applicant.

Thank you for your info and supports.
Good luck, everyone!
Happy for you, and thanks for sharing!

anusreesub

May 6, 2015
lcnana said:
hi all

congratulations!

May 17th, (online) , Ontario...Cnange of status OWP to SP... 3-4 blank updates.. still waiting.. fingers crossed.

Congratulations to all who got approved.

appdev

Apr 26, 2015
hi all

I applied on June 2nd , to change my status from open work permit to study permit , and today I got approval in my online cic account . I also get several blank cic updates. I'm from Edmonton,Alberta and going to NAIT for fall ,2015. My work permit will expire in November , 2015. I didnt get any email for approval . Yesterday night i checked my cic account . and it says updated . there was no update as usual . Then in the morning i again check and the same thing happened. It was change to updated but no update and no email. A few moments ago i checked again and it says approved. Hope to receive my permit soon in mail box. And best of luck to all others.

Anna_polaca

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
Hi all, so the same with me!!! :) on myCIC account it shows approved without and email notice - I applied on April 24th for change status from OWP to SP(SAIT, Calgary, Alberta), I also applied for WP extension based on my SP, for my husband but it is still in process :(

kokohek

May 31, 2015
Hi all,

First thank you all for your help, this forum helped me al ot while I was waiting for my SP. I just got my SP approved today, and want to share my timeline.
May 13th, application submitted.
June 24th, a weird update
July 29th, email notification of an update, and SP got approved.
I live in BC, and was extending my SP for two more years for a master program.
Wish the best for all of you!

Stone2000

Jul 23, 2015
Hi Josh21,

Can you say me if the envelop of the mail whit your Study Permit Extension had a mention like "do not forward" ?
(I had moved on 1 July and transmit my new adress to CIC on 2 July, but it was too late and my new study permit has been sended in my old address. I have a mail forwarding service, but...)
It's very urgent, please help me.

Thanks

samroc

Oct 7, 2013
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017
LANDED..........
10-10-2017
Anna_polaca said:
Hi all, so the same with me!!! :) on myCIC account it shows approved without and email notice - I applied on April 24th for change status from OWP to SP(SAIT, Calgary, Alberta), I also applied for WP extension based on my SP, for my husband but it is still in process :(
Congrats Anna. You were waiting for a while! Good luck with that WP extension.

DeepVirk

Star Member
Oct 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
20-05-2013
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
04-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-06-2013
LANDED..........
07-07-2013
Applied on May 17, got couple of false alerts this week and the application was approved yesterday. Just two days before the expiry date :)

zhanghan

Jul 28, 2014
DeepVirk said:
Applied on May 17, got couple of false alerts this week and the application was approved yesterday. Just two days before the expiry date :)
hi,which province do you applied?

samroc

Oct 7, 2013
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017
LANDED..........
10-10-2017
Just received the actual permit in the mail today (July 30th). Received approval on July 27th. Applied June 8th.

Looks like they are processing a little faster. Glad I got it since my last permit's expiration was today!

I am going to school in Alberta. Good luck to everyone else.