+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Delay (September 2019)

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
This will be a bit of a rant, but since I have practically no one else to talk to about it, I figure I might just do so here.

There is no reason for those a-holes not to process those applications. One advantage they gave for allowing online applications was for better management of backlogs. Having a database of applications, one would think they can keep active records of when and where in the processing stage each application is and they can easily retrieve information about applicants should the need arise. I find it hard to believe that the office process so much applications that we should wait an entire term for our applications to be processed normally. What's worse, I find it absolutely infuriating that the processing time jumped from 48 days to 120 days within a matter of two months. This does not suggest that decrease in the number of staffs or more stringent application reviews, but a lack of respect for applicants futures.

Before now I have never sent a CSE, but again I thought contacting them regarding said application meant that they can provide a specific response as regards that application. Why is it then so that all we get is canned messages and nothing is ever done about it? What is the point of the CSE office if they just regurgitate the same lines over and over again asking that I be patient when folks who applied 50 days after I did are getting processed before mine without any correspondence from them?

Is it fair that I have completed my program for a month and a few days and I can't apply for a PGWP because of the uncertainty of the next few months? Is it fair that having obeyed the laws of the land for the last two plus years, I get to have this uncertainty about my f**king application just cause I needed to complete a degree requirement? Is it fair that I have to live the next 3/4 months with no income, no job, nothing? Technically, I do not even qualify for the CERB as I work remotely (until I finished school) for a Canadian employer who had planned to offer me a full-time position this month, which I can no longer take and who needs someone to fill the role urgently?

I have never been this stressed about what the future holds in my life. I had everything planned out. Now I am struggling to organise my finance in such a way that I wouldn't have to be homeless within the next couple of months. I have completed all the PGWP forms and only holding myself back from submitting it because I keep telling myself that it will come in soon. I know mine is not the worse situation to be in the world, but it doesn't have to be, and if you should process applications, it is only fair that you process them in the order that it was made.

Reactions: meister

Badream

Feb 20, 2020
My friend applied for SPE on Jan 10 and she got approved on April 16.
Btw, another friend applied and waited more than 120 days, she did reapply for new application with letter of ẽplaination, then got approved after 4 days

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
My friend applied for SPE on Jan 10 and she got approved on April 16.
Btw, another friend applied and waited more than 120 days, she did reapply for new application with letter of ẽplaination, then got approved after 4 days
When did she first apply, and when did she reapply?

Badream

Feb 20, 2020
I don't understand how they are skipping over our applications?? Do we need to reapply then? So we can get their damn attention?? This is legit bullshit
Ya. I know it’s stuck situation because we need to pay extra to get sp approved

rony patel

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
I still believe that the office have technical difficulties in accessing late November applications because think about it why would they process the applications that applied after us there is no single reason that let them do that! True covid 19 may effected them and they working with reduced staff but still that doesn't mean they ignore late November applications. They idea of waiting that long for STUDY PERMIT is bullshit I am not applying for citizenship!!!!

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
I still believe that the office have technical difficulties in accessing late November applications because think about it why would they process the applications that applied after us there is no single reason that let them do that! True covid 19 may effected them and they working with reduced staff but still that doesn't mean they ignore late November applications. The idea of waiting that long for STUDY PERMIT is bullshit I am not applying for citizenship!!!!
That would make sense (and is the most likely scenario) but why should that be? If there is an operational database, they should be able to access it remotely. I have ran through a hundred scenarios in my head, all of which makes no sense. I also think I am this stressed out because I am applying to change my status and the opportunity I might be missing should I not take the chance now.

rony patel

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
How can we reach them other than the webform? Twitter doesn't work I have seen there replies it's more canned than the webform. We should all reach them and demand them for an update of what's going on

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
You can, but I won’t advise it. Normally, to be considered for a study permit extension, you should have a valid study permit and nothing seem to have changed about that. You can try though, let us all see what comes out of it.

It would also help if @Badream can give us further details of his friend.