+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Delay (September 2019)

k.karina

Feb 6, 2020
Thanks for the response. Probably because of cases like yours, they have updated their eligibility requirements for PGWP to include students on implied status whose SP extension applications are pending.

Did you talk to someone about work eligibility? If so, what did they say. There's little to no info on eligibility to work part-time or full-time whilst waiting for a decision.
Yes, I did. Some agents told me I can work but most of them said not. I believe I cannot work because it is clearly stated on CIC website that you can start working only if you applied before SP expired, I also received similar e-mail from CIC agent. That being said, I think that it is possible to apply for PGWP after expiration but you lose eligibility to work which is frustrating. However, I talked to the lawyer and he told me that I can work. Still I did not risk it. Again, it is further stated on the website that you have to possess SP at some point during the processing of PGWP application which sounds super unreasonable and contradictive for me. That is the reason why I paid extra $200 for restoration

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
So has anyone gotten any updates today? I see there is a planned system maintenance scheduled for tonight. So maybe there will be updates on certain scenerios.

** I got my monthly (we are processing) update this afternoon as expected **

Nov 1, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
October 24th, 2016
My gf also has applied for the sp extension since Nov 24th, and there's absolutely no news regarding her app.
I have called the IRCC several time, and the automated phone system keeps saying the application is not even started yet.