+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Delay (September 2019)

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Got a ghost update in my email today ("We're still working on your application. You may have not heard from us in a little while") I get one every month lol and now It's been 5 months since I applied... :rolleyes:
Going to get mine on Monday for sure. I will probably apply for a PGWP with a letter of explanation that is borderline rude at this point.

Do you still send them webforms?

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Guys, desperate times call for desperate measure.

What if we all send a webform with the same content? Or Twitter or something? Nothing rude but demanding a simple explanation?

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Personally, once the new, relaxed cerb requirements become clearer and I qualify, which I should, I plan to apply for that and apply for PGWP on implied status.

Probably better if I don't say what's going through my mind with how f*cking angry I am.

rony patel

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
Guys, desperate times call for desperate measure.

What if we all send a webform with the same content? Or Twitter or something? Nothing rude but demanding a simple explanation?
There are few people who Already wrote to them on Twitter but they never answered them. I know one guy who tweets every single day lol he also mentioned the minister.

I believe there is going on yeah true COVID 19 may have an impact on the processing but the fact that December and January are processed means that there is something big going on

Ramandeeps4

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
Going to get mine on Monday for sure. I will probably apply for a PGWP with a letter of explanation that is borderline rude at this point.

Do you still send them webforms?
Please don’t apply for PGWP in implied status, you need a valid study permit to apply for PGWP.

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Please don’t apply for PGWP in implied status, you need a valid study permit to apply for PGWP.
No, you don't. You can apply for it with implied status. You'd probably have to submit a LOE though but it is in their operational manual. Besides, I have been hedging my bets that this extension will come in for over a month. Not applying soon is a big risk for me as we don't know when this will be processed.

Also, they are processing PGWP applications faster and with more people being unable to submit biometrics for it, I'd expect it to get processed even quicker.

Ramandeeps4

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
No, you don't. You can apply for it with implied status. You'd probably have to submit a LOE though but it is in their operational manual.
Please refer to this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/after-graduation/eligibility.html
And read under eligibility requirements.
For you clarification, its says you must apply within 180 days of getting your final mark sheet and you must have had a valid study permit in those 180 days.

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
How do you know that you will get your SP extension on monday? When did you apply?
I didn't mean that's I'd get a response by Monday. I meant my application will clock 5 months on Monday without a response. Waiting without a correspondence from CIC looks like fools errand to me when I can apply with implied status and not work - which is what I'm doing anyways.