+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

emmanuelnwobu

Oct 20, 2023
Good day guys
please can someone tell me if this is possible?
Can I apply in Nigeria but am in South-Africa at the moment
I have all documents in Nigeria including my proof of funds
Is it possible applying from home while am here for company's assignment

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Good day guys
please can someone tell me if this is possible?
Can I apply in Nigeria but am in South-Africa at the moment
I have all documents in Nigeria including my proof of funds
Is it possible applying from home while am here for company's assignment
Yes you can. Show ties to SA.

Famousman

Nov 21, 2023
Hello good evening I am currently working as a medical laboratory scientist in Edo ministry of health and applied for a diploma course which is assistance clinical laboratory scientist haven't done my BSC in medical laboratory science I was offered admission by can college although they don't offer post working visa permit and have being asked to make payment of 500CAD to get my LCOA I am confuse if this school can grant my visa what should I do Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello good evening I am currently working as a medical laboratory scientist in Edo ministry of health and applied for a diploma course which is assistance clinical laboratory scientist haven't done my BSC in medical laboratory science I was offered admission by can college although they don't offer post working visa permit and have being asked to make payment of 500CAD to get my LCOA I am confuse if this school can grant my visa what should I do Thank you
School doesn’t grant visa, the government grants it. Only attend a public DLI that gives PGWP. Chances of refusal are high.

Jillyne

Dec 4, 2023
Hello good day,I have submitted my application for a study permit and even gone for my biometric about a week ago,I'm curious am I to wait for a medical request or I'm to do it then send to ircc

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello good day,I have submitted my application for a study permit and even gone for my biometric about a week ago,I'm curious am I to wait for a medical request or I'm to do it then send to ircc
So you did an upfront medical with government approved physician? If so add the documentation through webform.

Gabriel101

May 8, 2023
Please can I use a statement of account showing an investment statement in assets iN USD cash account credit balance the name of the bank is standard chartered private bank

Joshmakies

Dec 18, 2023
Hello. I need help concerning my application payment.
The payment was approved but I didn’t receive payment confirmation from IRCC what do I do ?

powermike999

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Hello all,

A friend of mine is in a dilemma due to the new IRCC rule not to extend a temporary policy providing an additional 18-month work permit to postgraduate work permit holders whose permits will expire on January 1, 2024, or after.

He finished a 1 year course this year and his work work permit is expiring on March 31, 2024. He has a job that he just got in November 2023 but they have told him clearly they will not provide him an LMIA but they are willing to have him continue his work if he can get an extension on his work permit. What options does he have? He wants to apply for an extension using Form IMM 5710 by checking the "Restore my status as a worker" option. Does he stand a chance that the work permit will be extended by at least for another one year since he has a job? He will be eligible for PNP if he stays on the job for another 6 months by September 30, 2024.

I believe there are tens of thousands of international students who will fall into this category starting January 1, 2024, what are the options when one is not yet eligible for PNP, PR or stay through marriage or schooling if your PGWP is going to expire after January 1, 2024 and you have a valid job ?