+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hello my people. My cousin called IRCC today regarding a ghost update he received on his GCkey for study permit application and he was told that the update was for backends. That his eligibility status was “recommend interview” please should there be any need to worry? Coz we don’t seem to understand this. Could anyone one with experience explain this to me? Thank you!
Don’t multi post the same question over and over. If status says recommend interview then usually not a positive development. Cousin will just have to wait.

Me_A

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
hello my people. My cousin called IRCC today regarding a ghost update he received on his GCkey for study permit application and he was told that the update was for backends. That his eligibility status was “recommend interview” please should there be any need to worry? Coz we don’t seem to understand this. Could anyone one with experience explain this to me? Thank you!
was this from Nairobi office? its been happening offlate

Me_A

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
Yes it’s Nairobi. Is there a chance of approval please? At least from the ones you have seen of late?
I really don't know if the documents are okay and no fake documents then no course for alarm you just have to wait for ircc decision

Zhy

Sep 20, 2023
I need advise concerning POF.
Is it safe to pull funds from different sources?
Can one present an account statement
from a microfinance bank?

Gabriel101

May 8, 2023
Hello guys please I need your help how long do you think it will take IRCC to send me my passport request after I submitted my application
(I have been denied before so I have valid biometrics and medical )
My school is resuming Dec 30
I submitted my application nov 4th
When do you think I’ll get my passport request

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello guys please I need your help how long do you think it will take IRCC to send me my passport request after I submitted my application
(I have been denied before so I have valid biometrics and medical )
My school is resuming Dec 30
I submitted my application nov 4th
When do you think I’ll get my passport request
So your permit has been approved and waiting for PPR? Your background and eligibility is completed? How can school resume on December 30? Study permit processing is about 11 weeks.

Gabriel101

May 8, 2023
So your permit has been approved and waiting for PPR? Your background and eligibility is completed? How can school resume on December 30? Study permit processing is about 11 weeks.
Uhm my school is a flight school so I’m going to Canada for flight training to be a pilot I have already started ground school (online ) the theory aspect so when I get there I’ll just start he flight training and my school is resuming dec 30 but the expiration of the acceptance letter written in the appendix is march 30 and submitted my application with my biometrics and medicals so that’s why I’m asking what time do y’all think I can get a request for my passport submitting ??

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Uhm my school is a flight school so I’m going to Canada for flight training to be a pilot I have already started ground school (online ) the theory aspect so when I get there I’ll just start he flight training and my school is resuming dec 30 but the expiration of the acceptance letter written in the appendix is march 30 and submitted my application with my biometrics and medicals so that’s why I’m asking what time do y’all think I can get a request for my passport submitting ??
Ok so all that time studying online doesn’t count towards PGWP. So processing is about 11 weeks from when you applied. Has eligibility and background check been completed.

Gabriel101

May 8, 2023
Ok so all that time studying online doesn’t count towards PGWP. So processing is about 11 weeks from when you applied. Has eligibility and background check been completed.
I know it deosnt count towards PGWP but my school has it though and u used a Canadian immigration lawyer so I don’t really knew if has passed eligibility or background checks don’t even knew what it means (I’m 18)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I know it deosnt count towards PGWP but my school has it though and u used a Canadian immigration lawyer so I don’t really knew if has passed eligibility or background checks don’t even knew what it means (I’m 18)
Ask your lawyer the status of your file if your eligibility and background checks have even started. Background check is IRCC checking immigration status, security check and making sure all documents are real. Eligibility is to make sure you have all documentation to show you have the funds, ties to home country, justify program etc.

Gabriel101

May 8, 2023
T
Thank you very much for your professional advice do you think it’s advisable to use a private bank statement of account investment statement has proof of funds for a study permit

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
T

Thank you very much for your professional advice do you think it’s advisable to use a private bank statement of account investment statement has proof of funds for a study permit
Yes. Proof of funds are personal bank statements in your name or parents since you are 18 showing that you can afford studies. Given the costs of flight school, you will being showing all in cash.