Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

emmanuelnwobu

Oct 20, 2023
Good day
Please can someone advice me on this:
Am applying for a study permit
Am a Nigerian but in South-Africa at the moment
Am applying from my home country
My question is: can I take a medical report from South-Africa, is it possible?
Thank you in advance

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Good day
Please can someone advice me on this:
Am applying for a study permit
Am a Nigerian but in South-Africa at the moment
Am applying from my home country
My question is: can I take a medical report from South-Africa, is it possible?
Thank you in advance
You can take medical anywhere. Are you a Masters/Phd student? If not, you also need letter of attestation.

emmanuelnwobu

Oct 20, 2023
You can take medical anywhere. Are you a Masters/Phd student? If not, you also need letter of attestation.
Thank you very much because this have been confusing me so that I don't make mistakes
thanks
I received a form yesterday which I already filled
they said they will send my PAL soon

trendyx

Apr 9, 2019
Make sure in your application form, u state that you're applying from home and your home ties are strong. Also, you should have work experience in the field you're going to study. It shall end in praise.

trendyx

Apr 9, 2019
Alberta, they just want to find out who need the PAL
They only send it to Admitted student
Make sure in your application form, u state that you're applying from home and your home ties are strong. Also, you should have work experience in the field you're going to study. It shall end in praise.

Gabriel101

May 8, 2023
Good please I need your help I’m 18 years old I’m applying for a study permit my grand uncle is my sponsor I’m going for my flight training with is very expensive scholl fees is 95kCAD do you advice me to just show my grand uncles bank’s statement who showed 100kUSD or should he send the money to my account as an 18 year old please help me

Muooo

Mar 13, 2024
Hi guys, please I need advice addressing some concerns I have about lodging my visa.
Earlier this year Feb, my student visa to Australia was denied based on home ties, so now I want to apply to Canada and would like some feedback on my chances.
1. I have applied to Canadore College for a graduate certificate program ( 1 year).
2. I am currently employed and have 30,000,000 Naira ($23,000 CAD) in my personal account.
3. My workplace agreed to provide me with a letter of sabbatical for my studies abroad.
4. My immediate elder sister would be acting as my co-sponsor. She had about 25,000,000 Naira ($19800 CAD) in her personal account and about 80,000,000 Naira ($63,000 CAD) in her business account. With all her business documents available.
5. My dad is late but had a company which I am a shareholder.
6. I have some land and property deeds on my name.
7. I plan of getting married by April 2024.
8. My graduate certificate fees will be paid by my sister upon admission, so the money in my personal account remains intact and as well increasing because my salary and other funds are still coming in.

Please my question thus is, do I have a chance on getting a student visa and also what documents can I present as evidence of home ties that would be strong enough. What are your recommendations and advice.
Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi guys, please I need advice addressing some concerns I have about lodging my visa.
Earlier this year Feb, my student visa to Australia was denied based on home ties, so now I want to apply to Canada and would like some feedback on my chances.
1. I have applied to Canadore College for a graduate certificate program ( 1 year).
2. I am currently employed and have 30,000,000 Naira ($23,000 CAD) in my personal account.
3. My workplace agreed to provide me with a letter of sabbatical for my studies abroad.
4. My immediate elder sister would be acting as my co-sponsor. She had about 25,000,000 Naira ($19800 CAD) in her personal account and about 80,000,000 Naira ($63,000 CAD) in her business account. With all her business documents available.
5. My dad is late but had a company which I am a shareholder.
6. I have some land and property deeds on my name.
7. I plan of getting married by April 2024.
8. My graduate certificate fees will be paid by my sister upon admission, so the money in my personal account remains intact and as well increasing because my salary and other funds are still coming in.

Please my question thus is, do I have a chance on getting a student visa and also what documents can I present as evidence of home ties that would be strong enough. What are your recommendations and advice.
Thanks
Before applying for study permit, you need letter of attestation from the province. Is it Canadore College in North Bay? Given the caps, you may not get approved.

1. Ok. How does it build on your current education and career? What it the program? Can you justify costs with higher salary?
2. That is not enough after paying first year tuition.
3. Ok. Include your increase in salary and promotion when you return?
4. Business accounts don’t count. So she is using all her personal savings for you. IRCC may red flag it.
5. Show income you get.
6. Ok.
7. So a tie to return as spouse is not eligible for work permit to come to Canada.
8. Sister using all her personal funds for tuition but that is her choice.

Chances low if not doing a masters or PHD. Why Canada?

Muooo

Mar 13, 2024
Before applying for study permit, you need letter of attestation from the province. Is it Canadore College in North Bay? Given the caps, you may not get approved.

1. Ok. How does it build on your current education and career? What it the program? Can you justify costs with higher salary?
2. That is not enough after paying first year tuition.
3. Ok. Include your increase in salary and promotion when you return?
4. Business accounts don’t count. So she is using all her personal savings for you. IRCC may red flag it.
5. Show income you get.
6. Ok.
7. So a tie to return as spouse is not eligible for work permit to come to Canada.
8. Sister using all her personal funds for tuition but that is her choice.

Chances low if not doing a masters or PHD. Why Canada?
2. My tuition fee would be paid from my sisters business account, so the 30mill in my account will still be there.

Yes, it is North Bay, can you please elaborate on what you mean by the cap. I will be applying for visa by June towards Sep intake.

8. The tuition won't be paid from her personal account, so the money in her personal account will still be there. I was thinking of submitting her personal account statement together with her business account statement

7. Please can you elaborate on this.

Thank you