+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Oreoluwatemi

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Have you now received your passport with the counterfoil? How long did it take from submission to pick up? Or was it returned directly to your house by courier? My niece received a passport request today from the Nairobi office. We are looking at dropping it off at VSF Global in Lagos by Monday. What is your advice if one wants to pick up as soon as possible, say by 20th of December or earlier? Thanks
I have received my counterfoil but my passport is going to be delivered back to me next week. You cannot drop off the passport in person neither can you pick it in person. You have to courier the passport to the VAC and pay for it to be delivered back to you. Also, I advice you should be patient you can’t just pick up anytime, it depends on how fast the passport is being processed, I sent mine since the 5th of November and I am yet to receive my passport back.

Reactions: Whofears

Whofears

Oct 29, 2020
Hello everyone,
Wondering if anyone has a similar case to my daughter's, she's received BVL since 25th of November and no followup correspondence from IRCC? She's going to a secondary school in Canada though for year 12

Her timeline:
Online application - 24th May 2020 with upfront medicals
AIP received - 6th of August 2020
Biometrics done - 24th of August 2020
BVL - 25th November 2020
I've sent 2 webforms but no response yet from IRCC, has anybody experienced this and what should we expect?
It’s strange but not unusual...let’s hope they will respond to your webforms. You can also send emails too...Nairobi, Beijing and Lagos

Whofears

Oct 29, 2020
I have received my counterfoil but my passport is going to be delivered back to me next week. You cannot drop off the passport in person neither can you pick it in person. You have to courier the passport to the VAC and pay for it to be delivered back to you. Also, I advice you should be patient you can’t just pick up anytime, it depends on how fast the passport is being processed, I sent mine since the 5th of November and I am yet to receive my passport back.
I sent my daughter’s passport to VFS Lagos on same day; yet to get it back. Last notification was on Thursday that it was in transit back to VFS from IRCC Abuja.

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone has gotten their student visa yet? I applied a while back I’ve even been doing online school since August. I still haven’t gotten my visa. I have a friend that applied 2 months ago and she has gotten hers and I’m just very frustrated because online school is so much stress. My parent plan on getting in touch with the officers to know what’s holding up. I literally don’t know what to do, I was hoping it would already be out and I can leave 1st week of January but it isn’t. I just really hope my God comes through for me and my visa gets approved. I have almost completed my first term, I am taking my exams online. I literally don’t know what to do anymore I just don’t want to be online next term as well! Is anyone in the same boat?
Hello Francesanolue,

Sorry to hear about this! However, that the story for most applicants. The embassy is not treating applications on first come first serve basis. It really depends on the VO who is treating your application, if he/she has to many application on their work list then you will experience such as delay, also if they are struggling to verify anyone of your documents or claims, it could also cause a delay, perhaps your friends documents were easier to verify or the VO had fewer cases to deal with. The best you can do now is wait.

All the best.

Omofar

notkenny

Jun 27, 2020
Hello Everyone,
I got a strange message in my portal inbox and I just want to know if it's anything to worry about.

I applied for a study permit almost a month ago for the Jan 2021 semester and I received a message a few hours ago on my application portal telling me that I am eligible for Nigeria Student Express (which I guess is a form of fast tracking your application process?). They asked me to submit a "my bank statement" certificate and my IELTS score and gave me a deadline. What should I do?

PLS HELP.

Reactions: Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Greetings All,

Another testimony today. God is Good!! Perhaps Canada has also repented.

Application Submission: February 23, 2020.

Correspondent Letter: April 7, 2020.

8 months 8days later!

Original Passport request: Today, December 15.

The client was filled with tears of Joy. I was equally happy for her myself.

Keep hope alive guys.

All the best.

Omofar

Reactions: JYLcarleton

Benjena

May 28, 2019
Hello Everyone,
I got a strange message in my portal inbox and I just want to know if it's anything to worry about.

I applied for a study permit almost a month ago for the Jan 2021 semester and I received a message a few hours ago on my application portal telling me that I am eligible for Nigeria Student Express (which I guess is a form of fast tracking your application process?). They asked me to submit a "my bank statement" certificate and my IELTS score and gave me a deadline. What should I do?

PLS HELP.
The message you got is from IRCC or who is the sender

Benjena

May 28, 2019
Greetings All,

8 months 8days later!

Keep hope alive guys.

All the best.

Omofar
Many congratulations, yes they have repented and thanks to God and Covid somehow.lol

Benjena

May 28, 2019
Hello Everyone,

PLS HELP.
From your portal you said on a second look. Maybe NSE have resume. Wow

Pascalala

Star Member
Dec 6, 2020
Greetings All,

8 months 8days later!

Keep hope alive guys.

All the best.

Omofar
Congratulations to her

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,

PLS HELP.
Hi,

Thanks for visiting this thread!

Your case is now becoming more common than you think. I dare say you have nothing to worry about. As a matter of fact I think it is a strong positive sign that your visa will be approved. The embassy does not contact people who are likely to be refused about this.

Secondly, I personally think it is an unreasonable request. They do not specify if the exam to be take should be the general or academic test. They also do not put into consideration the logistics of having to register for the test, preparing for the test, waiting for the results etc 30 days is too small for that. Furthermore, it is unreasonable for them to stop processing the applicant's case for 30 days pending when those documents can be provided.

Nevertheless, it is up to you. If you want to register and take the test its fine, if not, just disregard the mail, at the end of 30 days, they will assume you are not interested in that route and then continue to process your application.

In my personal opinion it is nothing to be worried about.

I wish you the very best.

Omofar

Onyee

Nov 8, 2020
Why is Courier service taking so long return passport or am I the only one experiencing this problem? Pls hw do I tackle this

Th3_Future

Star Member
Aug 8, 2020
Why is Courier service taking so long return passport or am I the only one experiencing this problem? Pls hw do I tackle this
Have you tried calling them 2348150199900. Because, they should be able to provide you with the current status of your documents. I will suggest calling them in the morning hours of the day, so as to reduce the stress of being in touch with a representative of theirs.

rayusuf

Aug 14, 2020
Hi,

Thanks for visiting this thread!

Your case is now becoming more common than you think. I dare say you have nothing to worry about. As a matter of fact I think it is a strong positive sign that your visa will be approved. The embassy does not contact people who are likely to be refused about this.

Secondly, I personally think it is an unreasonable request. They do not specify if the exam to be take should be the general or academic test. They also do not put into consideration the logistics of having to register for the test, preparing for the test, waiting for the results etc 30 days is too small for that. Furthermore, it is unreasonable for them to stop processing the applicant's case for 30 days pending when those documents can be provided.

Nevertheless, it is up to you. If you want to register and take the test its fine, if not, just disregard the mail, at the end of 30 days, they will assume you are not interested in that route and then continue to process your application.

In my personal opinion it is nothing to be worried about.

I wish you the very best.

Omofar
Not all nigeria big banks are partner to visa-mybankstatement.com. First Bank is not a partner and ircc is again requesting from me to submit my bank statement using this method. I applied without NSE and am surprise when 2 weeks deadline was given to submit my bank statement through this means and Ielts. I used First Bank and the bank statement sent to them when I applied was from First Bank. There is no way I could meet 6-12 months duration of bank statement even if I choose to use any other bank listed on visa-mybankstatement.com. 30 days is given to send it. Should I explain this to them?

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Onyee,

Please come back when you have real problems.

For now, relax and wait for your passport, have a safe trip to Canada.

Cheers.

Omofar