+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Oreoluwatemi

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Hello @Omofar,
What is the implication of an online applicant who applied for Canada study permit with upfront medical done prior to submitting application, and now the medical is updated as passed after 6 weeks. Should one still expect a medical request or just the update of passing the medical? Kindly enlighten
I submitted upfront medicals, it will just be updated as passed.

Reactions: Goathead

amschel

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
I got PPR on the 3rd and submitted same day.

Got mail about reception and transit to IRCC on the 5th and then on the 16th I received one saying it was received at CVAC and would be forwarded to CVAC and another said received and in transit to IRCC.

Passport tracker says forwarded to visa office. People whom we submitted on the same day and received their mails after mine have gotten their status changed to approved.

So I m wondering, are passports not stamped accordingly? What could be wrong?

Oreoluwatemi

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
I got PPR on the 3rd and submitted same day.

Got mail about reception and transit to IRCC on the 5th and then on the 16th I received one saying it was received at CVAC and would be forwarded to CVAC and another said received and in transit to IRCC.

Passport tracker says forwarded to visa office. People whom we submitted on the same day and received their mails after mine have gotten their status changed to approved.

So I m wondering, are passports not stamped accordingly? What could be wrong?
The same as me,sent mine on the 4th, firstly they made a mistake with my email address and I never got an update from them. I then called and theygave me my tracking id, it showed that my passport had been processed and sent back to VAC, I called and they said I should ignore that it is an error. I called them again yesterday after checking my status with the id, I saw a different message but it still said my processed passport was with VAC. They said that it is an error that my passport just got to the embassy on the 18th since I submitted on the 4th. I cannot even be angry cause it won’t change anything.

• Angry
Reactions: amschel

Alwayssuccessful!

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
Please shed more light, as regards to the POF.
How long is your program? Is it 2, 3, or 4 years?
How much is tuition fee per year?
But only one year of tuition and $10k living expense funds is required. You do not have to show that you have funds to pay for the 2 or 3 year program.

Alwayssuccessful!

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
Hello,
I have received my TRV but not POE letter. Can I travel without the POE letter of introduction?
You need the POE letter because that is what the border officers would like to see to determine how long your original SP should be valid for. Keep disturbing the visa office by following up every now and then through a webform, with a copy of your TRV attached. They will issue it.

Alwayssuccessful!

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
Hello everyone, great job you people are doing in this forum. Please, I need a guide. I am 30 years with B.Sc in Nursing since 2014, have practiced officially for only 2years as a general nurse but wishes to travel to Canada to get a specialty in psychiatric nursing through running a diploma in psychiatric nursing. I am married with 3 kids though not planning to go with them for a start. I am looking forward to applying for admission (fall) 2021 in MacEwan University Alberta but I have some questions I need clarifications on;
1. As a Nigerian, am I supposed to write IELTS exam?
2. My husband will be my major sponsor with my brother also. My husband is a university lecturer though has a school which is his major source of income but the school is yet to be registered fully in the state it operates. Is there any other way I can use the school as a source of income proof?
3.Tuition for the whole two and a half year program is 63 thousand Canadian dollars. If am able to pay for the first two semesters which is 25 Canadian dollars and still have like 5million in my account, can it cover for a start and won't be a barrier to my getting study permit?

4. I don't have any travel history to other developed countries

5. Please, from all these, I need advice on my chances of getting study permit. Thanks
Why not go for PR rather than applying as a student now? You have good chances of getting a PR with your whole family and your young age is a huge plus. Please give it a thought. Why spend that huge sum on tuition when you can succeed elsewhere? As a PR, you will pay less than 1/3 of that tuition. PR and citizens pay way way less than international students. You are certainly better off with a PR which will support your entire family. Give it a try.

Naijaboy

Dec 29, 2019
Great!

You can try this:

Following the completion of my high school studies, I was not clear on which undergraduate program I wanted to pursue as I had quite of ideas (you can of the choices you had in mind here) in mind. Since my dad had is own company/business, he suggested that I get some work experience while thinking through my decision. Fortunately, I was able to get to work as a (put what you were doing here), for (put how long here). I was able to learn the value of hard work, dignity of labour and the true value of money. I then followed this up by pursuing a computer literacy course in (put whatever the name of course was is here) to improve on computer literacy skills. This journey took me about (put the number of months) after which I became clear on the choice of course I wished to pursue. I then applied to the University of (name of the university here) for a course in (put the name of the course here). I am confident that the quality of education I will acquire in Canada will give me a lot of leverage and international exposure that will enable stand out within my field of interest when I return home to engage in gainful employment. In the near future, I plan to start my own (type of firm) firm like my dad.

Please note that the above is just an idea, and the SOP alone does not guarantee your chances of getting a study permit approval. If you require professional assistance in helping you in packaging your application, you can DM me and we can talk more.

All the best.

Cheers

Omofar
Good day Mr omofar and everyone on this group....when writing an sop and my dad has a company and the only thing to cover a gap Is me gaining some experience from my dad's company and a computer literacy course.
Do I need to also present a kind of document that I worked in my father's company and gained some valuable experience from this date to that date
Thank you your answer is highly appreciated...

Francesanolue

Jul 31, 2019
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone has gotten their student visa yet? I applied a while back I’ve even been doing online school since August. I still haven’t gotten my visa. I have a friend that applied 2 months ago and she has gotten hers and I’m just very frustrated because online school is so much stress. My parent plan on getting in touch with the officers to know what’s holding up. I literally don’t know what to do, I was hoping it would already be out and I can leave 1st week of January but it isn’t. I just really hope my God comes through for me and my visa gets approved. I have almost completed my first term, I am taking my exams online. I literally don’t know what to do anymore I just don’t want to be online next term as well! Is anyone in the same boat?

Francesanolue

Jul 31, 2019
Why not go for PR rather than applying as a student now? You have good chances of getting a PR with your whole family and your young age is a huge plus. Please give it a thought. Why spend that huge sum on tuition when you can succeed elsewhere? As a PR, you will pay less than 1/3 of that tuition. PR and citizens pay way way less than international students. You are certainly better off with a PR which will support your entire family. Give it a try.
The process is long and takes time. My family and I have been on that ride for a while now and I can say that yes she can apply but she should go to school and start because if she waits and depends on PR it may take years! My family and I are have done everything we are on the last stage and it took us a while and right now my sisters and I school there still eating for the PR

Alwayssuccessful!

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
The same as me,sent mine on the 4th, firstly they made a mistake with my email address and I never got an update from them. I then called and theygave me my tracking id, it showed that my passport had been processed and sent back to VAC, I called and they said I should ignore that it is an error. I called them again yesterday after checking my status with the id, I saw a different message but it still said my processed passport was with VAC. They said that it is an error that my passport just got to the embassy on the 18th since I submitted on the 4th. I cannot even be angry cause it won’t change anything.
Have you now received your passport with the counterfoil? How long did it take from submission to pick up? Or was it returned directly to your house by courier? My niece received a passport request today from the Nairobi office. We are looking at dropping it off at VSF Global in Lagos by Monday. What is your advice if one wants to pick up as soon as possible, say by 20th of December or earlier? Thanks

Royality

Star Member
May 28, 2020
Good day Mr omofar and everyone on this group....when writing an sop and my dad has a company and the only thing to cover a gap Is me gaining some experience from my dad's company and a computer literacy course.
Do I need to also present a kind of document that I worked in my father's company and gained some valuable experience from this date to that date
Thank you your answer is highly appreciated...
You need to get a reference letter from ur dad's company stating what you've been doing there and the date you started.
You need document to prove what you've been doing after you graduated from ur lastveducational degree.

Yinka Sokunbi

Feb 22, 2016
Hello everyone,
Wondering if anyone has a similar case to my daughter's, she's received BVL since 25th of November and no followup correspondence from IRCC? She's going to a secondary school in Canada though for year 12

Her timeline:
Online application - 24th May 2020 with upfront medicals
AIP received - 6th of August 2020
Biometrics done - 24th of August 2020
BVL - 25th November 2020
I've sent 2 webforms but no response yet from IRCC, has anybody experienced this and what should we expect?

Reactions: Whofears