+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not all nigeria big banks are partner to visa-mybankstatement.com. First Bank is not a partner and ircc is again requesting from me to submit my bank statement using this method. I applied without NSE and am surprise when 2 weeks deadline was given to submit my bank statement through this means and Ielts. I used First Bank and the bank statement sent to them when I applied was from First Bank. There is no way I could meet 6-12 months duration of bank statement even if I choose to use any other bank listed on visa-mybankstatement.com. 30 days is given to send it. Should I explain this to them?
Like I said in my comment you dont have to respond if you cannot meet up the unreasonable request made by the IRCC. Just wait for 30 days and they will go back to attending to your application as per normal.

What they are doing is wrong. The SDS program they do for Asian students has a different application portal dedicated to SDS (student direct stream) applications. So if an applicant wants regular application they go through the normal process and follow the rules there, if they want the SDS route they apply through that ans follow the applicable rules. But they a Nigerian applicant should not apply for the regular process and in the middle of the application request for another route and change the rules. That is unprofessional. If they want to set up the express student entry for Nigerians, a different portal should be set up when applicants interested in that route go there, apply and follow the prevailing rules there.

All the best.

Omofar

Reactions: Benjena

notkenny

Jun 27, 2020
Hi,

Thanks for visiting this thread!

Your case is now becoming more common than you think. I dare say you have nothing to worry about. As a matter of fact I think it is a strong positive sign that your visa will be approved. The embassy does not contact people who are likely to be refused about this.

Secondly, I personally think it is an unreasonable request. They do not specify if the exam to be take should be the general or academic test. They also do not put into consideration the logistics of having to register for the test, preparing for the test, waiting for the results etc 30 days is too small for that. Furthermore, it is unreasonable for them to stop processing the applicant's case for 30 days pending when those documents can be provided.

Nevertheless, it is up to you. If you want to register and take the test its fine, if not, just disregard the mail, at the end of 30 days, they will assume you are not interested in that route and then continue to process your application.

In my personal opinion it is nothing to be worried about.

I wish you the very best.

Omofar
Thank you for taking the time to reply.

God bless.

Adaaad

Oct 20, 2020
Hello Everyone,
I got a strange message in my portal inbox and I just want to know if it's anything to worry about.

I applied for a study permit almost a month ago for the Jan 2021 semester and I received a message a few hours ago on my application portal telling me that I am eligible for Nigeria Student Express (which I guess is a form of fast tracking your application process?). They asked me to submit a "my bank statement" certificate and my IELTS score and gave me a deadline. What should I do?

PLS HELP.
Hello, I got this mail but mine was only asking for IELTS. I advise that you should pick the closest date for IELTS and write it. That’s what I did and I submitted a few days ago.
I am so glad that I am not the only one
Gods grace!

Reactions: Omofar

Adaaad

Oct 20, 2020
Hi,

Thanks for visiting this thread!

Your case is now becoming more common than you think. I dare say you have nothing to worry about. As a matter of fact I think it is a strong positive sign that your visa will be approved. The embassy does not contact people who are likely to be refused about this.

Secondly, I personally think it is an unreasonable request. They do not specify if the exam to be take should be the general or academic test. They also do not put into consideration the logistics of having to register for the test, preparing for the test, waiting for the results etc 30 days is too small for that. Furthermore, it is unreasonable for them to stop processing the applicant's case for 30 days pending when those documents can be provided.

Nevertheless, it is up to you. If you want to register and take the test its fine, if not, just disregard the mail, at the end of 30 days, they will assume you are not interested in that route and then continue to process your application.

In my personal opinion it is nothing to be worried about.

I wish you the very best.

Omofar
Good morning, I think the IELTS academic is what is needed because I looked it up. You mentioned that this NSE is becoming common, do you know anyone that has gotten their visas through NSE? Was it in the 20 days time frame or?

Benjena

May 28, 2019
Hello, I got this mail but mine was only asking for IELTS. I advise that you should pick the closest date for IELTS and write it. That’s what I did and I submitted a few days ago.
Gods grace!
Hi did u summit ur statements of acc through my bankstatement.om

rayusuf

Aug 14, 2020
Gods grace!
You must have minimum of 6 in all the band when you apply through this path. I guess it is academics

Adaaad

Oct 20, 2020
Moreover, minimum on your bank account should be 30k CAD. Interestingly, First Bank is not on the list of accessible bank.
I didn’t even know that it was 30k. I observed that the non- SDS applicants are getting their visas faster. Like omofar said, we should be free to pick

Adaaad

Oct 20, 2020
Please if you have more information about NSE or you have gotten a visa through that path. Please educate us, this is a new thing that we are all getting used to.
Thank you so much
Gods grace!

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not all nigeria big banks are partner to visa-mybankstatement.com. First Bank is not a partner and ircc is again requesting from me to submit my bank statement using this method. I applied without NSE and am surprise when 2 weeks deadline was given to submit my bank statement through this means and Ielts. I used First Bank and the bank statement sent to them when I applied was from First Bank. There is no way I could meet 6-12 months duration of bank statement even if I choose to use any other bank listed on visa-mybankstatement.com. 30 days is given to send it. Should I explain this to them?
Like I said in my comment you dont have to respond if you cannot meet up the unreasonable request made by the IRCC. Just wait for 30 days and they will go back to attending to your application as per normal.

What they are doing is wrong. The SDS program they do for Asian students has a different application portal dedicated to SDS (student direct stream) applications. So if an applicant wants regular application they go through the normal process and follow the rules there, if they want the SDS route they apply through that ans follow the applicable rules. But they a Nigerian applicant should not apply for the regular process and in the middle of the application request for another route and change the rules. That is unprofessional. If they want to set up the express student entry for Nigerians, a different portal should be set up when applicants interested in that route go there, apply and follow the prevailing rules there.

All the best.

Omofar

Bukks

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
@Omofar @Adaaad @Benjena

Helllooo,
I was also asked by IRCC to use the NSE route and submit mybank statement and IELTS but there’s no way I can get all that documents in 30days especially IELTS. I didn’t know what to do and I don’t want my application delayed for 1 whole month so I sent a webform stating that I would like my application to follow the normal route.

This is just another avenue to delay processing time... I was really scared at first but with all Omafar said I’m not scared anymore.

Reactions: Alwayssuccessful!