+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Bukks

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
Like I said in my comment you dont have to respond if you cannot meet up the unreasonable request made by the IRCC. Just wait for 30 days and they will go back to attending to your application as per normal.

What they are doing is wrong. The SDS program they do for Asian students has a different application portal dedicated to SDS (student direct stream) applications. So if an applicant wants regular application they go through the normal process and follow the rules there, if they want the SDS route they apply through that ans follow the applicable rules. But they a Nigerian applicant should not apply for the regular process and in the middle of the application request for another route and change the rules. That is unprofessional. If they want to set up the express student entry for Nigerians, a different portal should be set up when applicants interested in that route go there, apply and follow the prevailing rules there.

All the best.

Omofar
Very right!!!!

Bukks

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
I d
Please if you have more information about NSE or you have gotten a visa through that path. Please educate us, this is a new thing that we are all getting used to.
Thank you so much
Gods grace!
I don’t think anyone has gotten a visa through it ohhh
I think this set is the first set to get such request

Alwayssuccessful!

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
I have received my counterfoil but my passport is going to be delivered back to me next week. You cannot drop off the passport in person neither can you pick it in person. You have to courier the passport to the VAC and pay for it to be delivered back to you. Also, I advice you should be patient you can’t just pick up anytime, it depends on how fast the passport is being processed, I sent mine since the 5th of November and I am yet to receive my passport back.
Wow, that is scary, especially with Christmas on ground and schools resuming first week in January.

Alwayssuccessful!

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
Hello Everyone,
I got a strange message in my portal inbox and I just want to know if it's anything to worry about.

I applied for a study permit almost a month ago for the Jan 2021 semester and I received a message a few hours ago on my application portal telling me that I am eligible for Nigeria Student Express (which I guess is a form of fast tracking your application process?). They asked me to submit a "my bank statement" certificate and my IELTS score and gave me a deadline. What should I do?

PLS HELP.
Do you know the office it came from? Don't use that service for now. It is expensive and it requires you to have IELTS results ready. Except you have your IELTS, it is not helpful to your case. Write them through web form and ask that it be processed as regular, except you have all the requirements for that new program.

Reactions: Omofar

Hurllarh

Star Member
Sep 16, 2020
When I got the email “we need something from you to process your application” I was a little scared and excited, thinking it was probably medical request only to receive this NSE email. Nevertheless, I found a little comfort after reading Omafor’s comment which says it’s a positive sign. I won’t be using this NSE route and I’m still contemplating if I should raise a webform telling them or not (need advice please ). Hands crossed now hoping for the best.

Alwayssuccessful!

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
When I got the email “we need something from you to process your application” I was a little scared and excited, thinking it was probably medical request only to receive this NSE email. Nevertheless, I found a little comfort after reading Omafor’s comment which says it’s a positive sign. I won’t be using this NSE route and I’m still contemplating if I should raise a webform telling them or not (need advice please ). Hands crossed now hoping for the best.
Send a webform to let them know you don’t have enough time for IELTS and as such would prefer regular processing.

What I foresee is that this NSE program will die a natural death, because it is proving unpopular among Nigerians. They are not introducing it to Nigerians appropriately. It should be an application platform where you choose that option, rather than introducing it 4 weeks after you submit an application and are waiting for a decision from IRCC and instead of a decision, they impose a 30-day deadline on you. They will soon stop the nonsense.

rayusuf

Aug 14, 2020
Send a webform to let them know you don’t have enough time for IELTS and as such would prefer regular processing.

What I foresee is that this NSE program will die a natural death, because it is proving unpopular among Nigerians. They are not introducing it to Nigerians appropriately. It should be an application platform where you choose that option, rather than introducing it 4 weeks after you submit an application and are waiting for a decision from IRCC and instead of a decision, they impose a 30-day deadline on you. They will soon stop the nonsense.
Most guys receiving this unwanted NSE route eligibility has not yet started at all. Sad that we may have to wait longer. It is a style to keep Nigeria applicant on hold while they do other thing.

Reactions: Omofar

Zoe44

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
Hello everyone, please do any one here have idea or have been admitted into mechanical postgraduate Diploma in university of Saskatchewan?

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
So what is the regular route to apply for a study permit? Is it applying online through the CIC account or paper application?
It does not matter how you apply, the visa officer will make the decision based on your documents and strong SOP. With online, it can be very confusing as it does not ask to upload educational documents, SOP, any affidavit, sponsorship letters, etc. You have to merge all of the documents in one single file and upload it under "Client Info". Also, the size allowed for each file is only 4 MB so you have to compress the files.

Isaacdayo

Jan 1, 2021
Hello Omofar,
Thanks for all your good works.
I'm currently an undergraduate student in a Nigerian uni, due to all this strikes happening, I decided to drop this current bsc, and start to process a different post-secondary 2-year diploma, in which my high school results and transcripts is only required (not even IELTS because I'm from Nigeria) but the problem is I will have a 4 year gap since I'll be using my O'levels.
1. will it be a problem when applying for a study visa because what I sense is I'll have to explain in my sop why there's a 4 year gap, which may result in presenting my current uni transcript.
2. Also I hear changing my academic history, which I'll be doing will reduce my chance of approval.
3. Might I add, there's more than enough funds from my parents for sponsorship.
4. Will I still be required to present an IELTS result since I haven't finished a bsc program?

Thank you.

Zoe44

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
Hello Omofar,
Thanks for all your good works.
I'm currently an undergraduate student in a Nigerian uni, due to all this strikes happening, I decided to drop this current bsc, and start to process a different post-secondary 2-year diploma, in which my high school results and transcripts is only required (not even IELTS because I'm from Nigeria) but the problem is I will have a 4 year gap since I'll be using my O'levels.
1. will it be a problem when applying for a study visa because what I sense is I'll have to explain in my sop why there's a 4 year gap, which may result in presenting my current uni transcript.
2. Also I hear changing my academic history, which I'll be doing will reduce my chance of approval.
3. Might I add, there's more than enough funds from my parents for sponsorship.
4. Will I still be required to present an IELTS result since I haven't finished a bsc program?

Thank you.
You don't need IELTS to gain admission but if you intend using the NSE when applying for visa, you will have to write IELT.

notkenny

Jun 27, 2020
HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone. I pray this year brings more hope and joy than the last one.

As I told you guys, IRCC recently sent me an NSE letter and I have all my documents ready but I have a few problems:

1. My medicals are not yet done and although IRCC didn't ask me for it in the NSE letter, I have learnt that it is necessary for the NSE process. Should I do an upfront medical or still wait for the go-ahead from them to do medical??

2. Additionally, I was told to present a bank statement with all my funds that has a 12 MONTH BANKING HISTORY but my sponsor's savings acc has only been open for about 11 months and I don't know if I can use that. The deadline for submission will have passed before the account is 12 months old.

Any advice would be well appreciated. Hope everyone has a lovely new month and year. Can't wait to see all the great things we will all accomplish this year.

Hurllarh

Star Member
Sep 16, 2020
HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone. I pray this year brings more hope and joy than the last one.

As I told you guys, IRCC recently sent me an NSE letter and I have all my documents ready but I have a few problems:

1. My medicals are not yet done and although IRCC didn't ask me for it in the NSE letter, I have learnt that it is necessary for the NSE process. Should I do an upfront medical or still wait for the go-ahead from them to do medical??

2. Additionally, I was told to present a bank statement with all my funds that has a 12 MONTH BANKING HISTORY but my sponsor's savings acc has only been open for about 11 months and I don't know if I can use that. The deadline for submission will have passed before the account is 12 months old.

Any advice would be well appreciated. Hope everyone has a lovely new month and year. Can't wait to see all the great things we will all accomplish this year.
NSE Is just a process to fast track your visa processing, it’s not mandatory for you to do it and it doesn’t mean you won’t get the visa through regular channel if you meet up with their requirements.

Odogwu_Nwoke

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020

Just go ahead and do the upfront medical. Whether NSE or normal route, you'll still have to do the medical. So why wait?

As for the second question, I think (I only think) you should go ahead and use the bank statement of the 11-month-old account for the application. If you haven't got IRCC's decision by the time the account turns 12 months old, then ask the bank for updated statement of account and forward it to IRCC.