+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Oyioche1

Jan 6, 2021
Thank you for your quick response. I am pursuing a masters program in another university, when reapply, can I use the same documents I used previously sponsors letter and affidavit or I will need to get new ones bearing current date?

Tresh

Star Member
Jan 13, 2020
Good morning Omofar and other members here.
I just got my study permit application rejected yesterday. The only reason given was '' I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit''.
However, I provided enough reasons to return after my studies such as proof of marriage with wife and two children, proof of employment, landed property documents to show my strong tile to Nigeria.
Is it possible that I was rejected my course of study is a Diploma in Finance? I have a degree already. But on the other hand, they did not make reference to the course.
Please advise how to response to the rejection I am to reapply immediately.
Hello Onyioche1, based on what you stated, It said the purpose of visit, not home ties. documents you mentioned are strong home ties as such that why it was mentioned you won't return home after studies based on home ties. Now for purpose of the visit, I believe you already have a bachelor's, So why the Diploma? is it a graduate diploma? Since you're doing master's at another university( i believe your home country), why not finish and go for Ph.D. to show career progression. Kindly list your career timeline so that more insight can be rendered.

I think, VO isn't satisfied that after doing bachelors, now you're coming to do a diploma, so why do diploma when you could have as well gone for masters? and coming from a 3rd world country, the VO feels your application is full of immigration plans( May be wrong though).

my advice, go for master's, and since you're already doing it, look for credit transfer system if it works in the institution you're to study for the diploma. (I don't know if they do credit transfer for Masters). but if you feel that the diploma is relevant to your career growth, then you have to prove to the VO through a well-detailed LOE explaining the importance of the course to your career growth and back it up with documentation. But note, it must be at least Graduate Diploma

sorry for your rejection.

Reactions: Omofar

DamieAyeni

Jul 9, 2019
Good morning all, I just received the NSE letter requesting for my bank statement certificate and ielts result. I have ielts result that I did in Dec 2018, can I tender that and my bank statement certificate please?

yusufray

Jan 14, 2016
Gckey login page does not give me access to my ircc account. Always returning back to English and French page even after clearing data and cookies. It has not been so before, anyone having same issue

XQX

Nov 11, 2020
You have a degree already, and you going for a diploma (that's a program that's lesser to your current degree) surely it won't fly. Hence the statement "purpose of visit"... Your purpose of going to Canada to pursue a lower degree to what you already have is a reason for the denial...
Good morning Omofar and other members here.
I just got my study permit application rejected yesterday. The only reason given was '' I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit''.
However, I provided enough reasons to return after my studies such as proof of marriage with wife and two children, proof of employment, landed property documents to show my strong tile to Nigeria.
Is it possible that I was rejected my course of study is a Diploma in Finance? I have a degree already. But on the other hand, they did not make reference to the course.
Please advise how to response to the rejection I am to reapply immediately.
My two cents, if you intend to re-apply:
1. Try to get the GMC notes first, and respond accordingly.

Assuming you were denied based on the diploma program you chose, then I strongly recommend
i. you either go for a postgraduate program. OR
ii. You write a CONVINCING statement of purpose if you don't want to go for a postgraduate program explaining with EVIDENTIAL reasons why you are not interested in postgraduate program, as regards to your career progression.
In this case, your SOP will have to show a strong connection between your first degree, work experience and future aspirations (which will be realistic with today's Nigerian economy as a strong ECONOMIC/LUCRATIVE reason to return back to your home country NOT JUST your family/assets though they count) on why you opted for a diploma program.

Ruffyjay

Jan 9, 2021
Urgent Attention Needed!!

Good morning Omofar and the the good people of this forum. I submitted my online study permit application on 6th January 2021, got a biometric request letter on 7th January. Then on 8th January I received another update on my account informing me that I might be eligible for Nigeria Student Express NSE and requesting that I submit my proof of financial support by providing a mybankstatement certificate from my sponsor.

Now, the challenge here is that my sponsor lives in Canada and operates a Canadian bank account (his printed and scanned bank statement already submitted with my application) which does not support this mybankstatement. Please I need your advice on what do to in this case. Thanks

Ruffyjay

Jan 9, 2021
Gckey login page does not give me access to my ircc account. Always returning back to English and French page even after clearing data and cookies. It has not been so before, anyone having same issue
This happens mostly at night. Please try during the day.

yusufray

Jan 14, 2016
Urgent Attention Needed!!

Good morning Omofar and the the good people of this forum. I submitted my online study permit application on 6th January 2021, got a biometric request letter on 7th January. Then on 8th January I received another update on my account informing me that I might be eligible for Nigeria Student Express NSE and requesting that I submit my proof of financial support by providing a mybankstatement certificate from my sponsor.

Now, the challenge here is that my sponsor lives in Canada and operates a Canadian bank account (his printed and scanned bank statement already submitted with my application) which does not support this mybankstatement. Please I need your advice on what do to in this case. Thanks
This means you do not qualify for the NSE route. First Bank of Nigeria is not on the list too, so therefore wait for the normal processing route.It is unfortunate this is happening to Nigerians. Applicant should decide from onset the route to follow and not this mid-way unprofessional interruption.

Ruffyjay

Jan 9, 2021
This means you do not qualify for the NSE route. First Bank of Nigeria is not on the list too, so therefore wait for the normal processing route.It is unfortunate this is happening to Nigerians. Applicant should decide from onset the route to follow and not this mid-way unprofessional interruption.
Thank for your quick response @yusufrat. But what if I have my sponsor transfer the money to my GTB salary account which I also submitted as part of my proof of financial support (Although have just 2M there), then generate the mybankstatement from my account and submit with detailed explanation of the source of the fund. Do you think that would fly?

zionative

Sep 10, 2020
Good afternoon all. I'm trying to apply online for a student permit but I'm confused on how to sign the Family Form and Study Permit application. My agent says I should print it out and sign but on the CIC website, it says not to print. So I'm confused. Please help

Bukks

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
Good afternoon all. I'm trying to apply online for a student permit but I'm confused on how to sign the Family Form and Study Permit application. My agent says I should print it out and sign but on the CIC website, it says not to print. So I'm confused. Please help
Hello
Online applications are electronically signed
You don’t need to print and sign.... most of these agents do not know what they are doing or talking about

Reactions: Omofar

zionative

Sep 10, 2020
Hello
Online applications are electronically signed
You don’t need to print and sign.... most of these agents do not know what they are doing or talking about
Ive even been skeptical about a lot of what he tells me to do. If you don’t mind do you think it’s necessary to add this Study Permit Questionnaire (normally done for physical visa processes) as he also suggested I do so

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Find a new quickly or your chances of success will be reduced significantly.

yusufray

Jan 14, 2016
Thank for your quick response @yusufrat. But what if I have my sponsor transfer the money to my GTB salary account which I also submitted as part of my proof of financial support (Although have just 2M there), then generate the mybankstatement from my account and submit with detailed explanation of the source of the fund. Do you think that would fly?
The rule for NSE says 12 month bank history. It would have been a different ball game if your sponsor has an account with a partner in "mybankstatement" and can produce his/her 12 month bank history which will you will need to send to IRCC.
Again, the NSE route demand you have 30k CAD in the account. N2 million is not even close to 10k CAD yearly living expenses as demanded by iRCC. The best bet is to allow them process it normally. Just hope for the best.

Bukks

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
Ive even been skeptical about a lot of what he tells me to do. If you don’t mind do you think it’s necessary to add this Study Permit Questionnaire (normally done for physical visa processes) as he also suggested I do so
No........ you don’t add any questionnaire apart from the one you are provided with on your application portal. I suggest you change that agent immediately as Omafor as said.... the agent clearly knows nothing