+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

sroseok

Feb 7, 2019
Good afternnon, i'm a graduate of Entrepreneurship from Osun state University with first class grade In Nigeria. I'm 25 years old. I want to apply for MBA course in Canada. My question is that, is IELTS result mandatory to boost visa success despite the fact that my o'level result proves that i'm proficient in English language?
Go apply to university of British Columbia or McGill and Concordia. Check their requirements

Benjena

May 28, 2019
Congratulations to everyone that got approval. I nearly did not believe again that this is Nigeria group. In another Nigeria group I am into, there are good number of approvals as well. Guys do not give up, it seems there is a little shift in Canada vo's mindset regarding Nig applications. Good luck

sroseok

Feb 7, 2019
Congratulations to everyone that got approval. I nearly did not believe again that this is Nigeria group. In another Nigeria group I am into, there are good number of approvals as well. Guys do not give up, it seems there is a little shift in Canada vo's mindset regarding Nig applications. Good luck
That's the result of endsars and military brutality

U3691kamaka

Aug 11, 2020
Based on the information you have provided, I think there is much hope for you to get your visa. You have the right age and already have an HND, so good for you. It also looks like your mum is in a good financial position to help you, but I will need to probe that a bit further. So here is my advice

1. I will suggest your mum pays at least your first semester school fees, then get the official receipt from the school. This will demonstrate to the visa officer that indeed your mum is serious about sponsoring you and it is not that she just put money in the account like that (or did she?)

2. She needs to demonstrate convincingly what her source of income is. Is she employed or self employed. Let me know and I will advise on other documents she will need to provide.

3. The letter of financial support is very important

4. State of account alone is not sufficient.

If you would like me to sort it out for your professionally, let me know.

I charge a minimal fee.

Cheers

Omofar
Please, kindly drop your contact. Will need your guide.

U3691kamaka

Aug 11, 2020
Hello everyone, great job you people are doing in this forum. Please, I need a guide. I am 30 years with B.Sc in Nursing since 2014, have practiced officially for only 2years as a general nurse but wishes to travel to Canada to get a specialty in psychiatric nursing through running a diploma in psychiatric nursing. I am married with 3 kids though not planning to go with them for a start. I am looking forward to applying for admission (fall) 2021 in MacEwan University Alberta but I have some questions I need clarifications on;
1. As a Nigerian, am I supposed to write IELTS exam?
2. My husband will be my major sponsor with my brother also. My husband is a university lecturer though has a school which is his major source of income but the school is yet to be registered fully in the state it operates. Is there any other way I can use the school as a source of income proof?
3.Tuition for the whole two and a half year program is 63 thousand Canadian dollars. If am able to pay for the first two semesters which is 25 Canadian dollars and still have like 5million in my account, can it cover for a start and won't be a barrier to my getting study permit?

4. I don't have any travel history to other developed countries

5. Please, from all these, I need advice on my chances of getting study permit. Thanks in advance

U3691kamaka

Aug 11, 2020
Hello everyone, great job you people are doing in this forum. Please, I need a guide. I am 30 years with B.Sc in Nursing since 2014, have practiced officially for only 2years as a general nurse but wishes to travel to Canada to get a specialty in psychiatric nursing through running a diploma in psychiatric nursing. I am married with 3 kids though not planning to go with them for a start. I am looking forward to applying for admission (fall) 2021 in MacEwan University Alberta but I have some questions I need clarifications on;
2. My husband will be my major sponsor with my brother also. My husband is a university lecturer though has a school which is his major source of income but the school is yet to be registered fully in the state it operates. Is there any other way I can use the school as a source of income proof?
3.Tuition for the whole two and a half year program is 63 thousand Canadian dollars. If am able to pay for the first two semesters which is 25 Canadian dollars and still have like 5million in my account, can it cover for a start and won't be a barrier to my getting study permit?

5. Please, from all these, I need advice on my chances of getting study permit. Thanks

Maxybaba

Mar 20, 2019
Guys, please what is the average processing time for Nigeria Applications now? I will be glad to get feedback because I have just submitted my Application about 3days ago.

Imported

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020

5. Please, from all these, I need advice on my chances of getting study permit. Thanks in advance
Hi,

I would answer your questions based on my own perspective:

1. For University of Alberta, you do not need to write IELTS. This is because majority of the schools in Nigeira are considered as english speaking. This can be overruled if the department you are applying to mandates that you submits IELTS. This is the link to show univerisities that are recognized as englisg speaking by Uni of Alberta (https://www.ualberta.ca/graduate-studies/prospective-students/international-admissions-protocol/english-language-proficiency/recognized-countries-institutions.html)

2. Your very first concern should be getting admitted. The course you are willing to take should have series of scholarships especially if its a research based course(Means you are assigned to a lecturer and you get TA) or some other type of sponsorship. so check the university website well to be sure.

3. Getting study permit necessarily does not depend on if you pay tuition fee or not. I know someone who paid tuition and still got rejected. So i guess it depends on your proof of Financial support and also family ties(Your ability to return to Nigeria after your program)

4. This also is not a barrier.

5. You have a great chance of getting a study permit. Also, the course you are applying for seems catchy. so i guess you are good to go.

Thank you.

notkenny

Jun 27, 2020
Good day, people!

I submitted my application online yesterday and also paid the application and biometric fees online but I haven't gotten a biometric appointment letter yet. My page currently says I will be contacted if anything else is required for my application. Is this normal? Also can I proceed with doing a medical test even though I haven't been asked yet? Any response would be greatly appreciated. :)