+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Pretty Franca

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Hi,

Where are you going that you have to transit through Canada?

I am not aware such visa exists

Omofar
I am traveling to Barbados,there is no direct flight from Nigeria,so I have to go through Canada, from Canada to Barbados is 5hours. So I need a transit visa if I must step my feet on Canada soil. Some countries don’t request for it,but Canada ,US,UK and schengen countries do.

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am traveling to Barbados,there is no direct flight from Nigeria,so I have to go through Canada, from Canada to Barbados is 5hours. So I need a transit visa if I must step my feet on Canada soil. Some countries don’t request for it,but Canada ,US,UK and schengen countries do.
Hi,

Though you stated it, but you seem not to get the point. You cannot travel to any of the Caribbean islands from Nigerian without passing through North America. In simple terms you must get either a US or Canadian visit visa without which you cannot get to Barbados. So it's not so 'Visa's free for Nigerians or Africans is it? :)

All the best.

Omofar

Pretty Franca

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Hi,

Though you stated it, but you seem not to get the point. You cannot travel to any of the Caribbean islands from Nigerian without passing through North America. In simple terms you must get either a US or Canadian visit visa without which you cannot get to Barbados. So it's not so 'Visa's free for Nigerians or Africans is it? :)

All the best.

Omofar
Actually if you are going through Brazil ,you won’t need any transit visa,but you know some airlines haven’t resumed due to COVID.thats why

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually if you are going through Brazil ,you won’t need any transit visa,but you know some airlines haven’t resumed due to COVID.thats why
I wish you safe journey...

You want to travel all the way to Brazil just to get to Barbados.

All the best.

Omofar

Pretty Franca

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
I wish you safe journey...

You want to travel all the way to Brazil just to get to Barbados.

All the best.

Omofar
Please I would like to ask a question
I live in Dubai ,so I did my biometrics in Dubai but I want to apply for a Canada visa from Nigeria,do I use my address in Dubai or Nigerian address?how do I go about it please

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please I would like to ask a question
I live in Dubai ,so I did my biometrics in Dubai but I want to apply for a Canada visa from Nigeria,do I use my address in Dubai or Nigerian address?how do I go about it please
The Canadian consulate that will deal with your application is primarily determined by where you live. So if you reside in Dubai, it will go to the nearest office that handles applicants from Dubai and environs. There is no way you can claim you are living in Nigeria and did your Biometrics in Dubai, you will need to prove that you recently traveled to Dubai for other business and then decided to do your biometrics there. Anyway, I would suggest you are straight forward with all your application.

All the best.

Omofar

Pretty Franca

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
The Canadian consulate that will deal with your application is primarily determined by where you live. So if you reside in Dubai, it will go to the nearest office that handles applicants from Dubai and environs. There is no way you can claim you are living in Nigeria and did your Biometrics in Dubai, you will need to prove that you recently traveled to Dubai for other business and then decided to do your biometrics there. Anyway, I would suggest you are straight forward with all your application.

All the best.

Omofar
I came back to Nigeria 3 months ago,so I decided to apply for a visa from here. I will still go back to Dubai,I have my valid residence permit
So since my application will be received in Uae ,let me address the letter to Abu Dhabi visa officer and indicate that I traveled recently to Nigeria In case of visa approval or passport request?i will appreciate your suggestion
Thank you

Th3_Future

Star Member
Aug 8, 2020
I Thank God Almighty through His Son Yeshua. Amen!

Submission Confirmation - May 25
Medical Request - July 22
Medical pass / AIP - August 6
#my DLI was added to the list - November 17
BVL - November 18
OPR - Today, 4:59am GMT

Be humble, kind, Loving and Never stop believing God!!!

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First good news I have received this year from IRCC, To God be the glory.

Application Submission: April 30, 2020
Biometrics Collection Letter: May 1, 2020
Approval in Principle: August 6, 2020
Correspondence Letter: November 18, 2020
Original Passport request: November 20, 2020 (Today)

I had lost hope on this application, but thank God for God.

Met the applicant on this forum, we never met in person before. I was pleased and happy as she shed tears of joys and was raining prayers on my head. :):):).

I pray such will be the testimony of all those still awaiting their decisions.

All the best.

Omofar

Chigin

Feb 4, 2020
how do you intend on submitting your passport?
I Thank God Almighty through His Son Yeshua. Amen!

Submission Confirmation - May 25
Medical Request - July 22
Medical pass / AIP - August 6
#my DLI was added to the list - November 17
BVL - November 18
OPR - Today, 4:59am GMT

Be humble, kind, Loving and Never stop believing God!!!
Congrats! please how do you intend on submitting your passport

Th3_Future

Star Member
Aug 8, 2020
First good news I have received this year from IRCC, To God be the glory.

Application Submission: April 30, 2020
Biometrics Collection Letter: May 1, 2020
Approval in Principle: August 6, 2020
Correspondence Letter: November 18, 2020
Original Passport request: November 20, 2020 (Today)

I had lost hope on this application, but thank God for God.

Met the applicant on this forum, we never met in person before. I was pleased and happy as she shed tears of joys and was raining prayers on my head. :):):).

I pray such will be the testimony of all those still awaiting their decisions.

All the best.

Omofar
Congrats to her.

Reactions: Omofar

Th3_Future

Star Member
Aug 8, 2020
how do you intend on submitting your passport?

Congrats! please how do you intend on submitting your passport
These are the information I was able to obtain today after speaking with one of their (i.e. vfs) rep.
- Must send the following documents in an envelope through a professional courier company (e.g. UPS, FedX, DHL etc), to either their office address in Lagos or Abuja:
1. Original International Passport,
2. Two copies of Passport Request Letter from IRCC,
3. Two copies of the Bio. data page of your International Passport,
4. Download vfs consent form ( https://liftassets.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/-/media/project/vfs_uk/shared/pdf/consentform.pdf?la=en&hash=E6BBD1B4E595999AA60D1C770EC07E8E2840A5D1 ), and fill the second page if you are the principal applicant.
5. Payment receipt of 7430 NGN made to the account provided in the Buy Services option of their website (https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/buy-services)

#Note the above info. are for those that didn't do Biometrics for this current application. For those that did Biometrics you can see the reply on this thread: ( https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/decision-envelope-nigeria.709934/post-9006842 )
And please note that all information provided above are my personal opinion and that they are subject to changes. Hence for more accurate and updated information, always contact vfsglobal.

Goathead

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
Hello @Omofar,
What is the implication of an online applicant who applied for Canada study permit with upfront medical done prior to submitting application, and now the medical is updated as passed after 6 weeks. Should one still expect a medical request or just the update of passing the medical? Kindly enlighten