+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Royality

Star Member
May 28, 2020
Congratulations to all those who have received their approvals by way of passport requests.

I wish you all the very best as you proceed towards your studies in Canada.

Cheers

Omofar
Hello Omofar,is the tax clearance certificate really necessary for sponsor who is a business owner ?

Toksyball

Oct 13, 2020
Hello everyone, I was recently refused study permit and my consultant wants me to go for JR (at no further cost). Now, the program I initially applied for will not be open until September 2021 (since I've missed this year's intake)- in fact, September applicants are on waitlist already, meaning I might not get a slot still. If the JR is settled out of court and I am told to resubmit a valid LOA, I'd like to know if it is possible to go for a similar program in another province or what the implication is. I got another admission offer from another province after I had submitted my application (and that offer is still open, no waitlist- plus living expenses are reasonably better than the first school). Do I have to stick to the same school, or wait till the final decision and change later? Please advise.

Tresh

Star Member
Jan 13, 2020
Hello everyone, I was recently refused study permit and my consultant wants me to go for JR (at no further cost). Now, the program I initially applied for will not be open until September 2021 (since I've missed this year's intake)- in fact, September applicants are on waitlist already, meaning I might not get a slot still. If the JR is settled out of court and I am told to resubmit a valid LOA, I'd like to know if it is possible to go for a similar program in another province or what the implication is. I got another admission offer from another province after I had submitted my application (and that offer is still open, no waitlist- plus living expenses are reasonably better than the first school). Do I have to stick to the same school, or wait till the final decision and change later? Please advise.
I think you need to tell us about the education history, the course you applied for better advice. no one can give advice without knowing what you applied for and why you were refused initially. so be explicit

Reactions: Toksyball

Toksyball

Oct 13, 2020
I think you need to tell us about the education history, the course you applied for better advice. no one can give advice without knowing what you applied for and why you were refused initially. so be explicit
It's a Marketing Management program- same program in both colleges. My confusion stems from whether one can change college in the process of Judicial Review or not.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It's a Marketing Management program- same program in both colleges. My confusion stems from whether one can change college in the process of Judicial Review or not.
Would take it one step at a time. You need to be approved first. What type of degree have you applied for and at what school? What is your background. Due to covid processing could take quite a lot of time. You should really be posting in the international student section unless you are also an asylum claimant or protected person.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Before a judicial review which will take months, what did your GCMS notes say? Usually you get the notes before perusing a judicial review. Assume your lawyer is in Canada to be present at the review. Are you an asylum claimant too?

Reactions: Toksyball

Toksyball

Oct 13, 2020
Before a judicial review which will take months, what did your GCMS notes say? Usually you get the notes before perusing a judicial review. Assume your lawyer is in Canada to be present at the review. Are you an asylum claimant too?
NO, I'm not an asylum claimant, and yes, my lawyer is in Canada. GCMS notes are out. It says insufficient funds, even though I made full payment for the first year of tuition, with about. $50k as POF.

XQX

Nov 11, 2020
NO, I'm not an asylum claimant, and yes, my lawyer is in Canada. GCMS notes are out. It says insufficient funds, even though I made full payment for the first year of tuition, with about. $50k as POF.
Please shed more light, as regards to the POF.
How long is your program? Is it 2, 3, or 4 years?
How much is tuition fee per year?

Nov 11, 2020
Good afternnon, i'm a graduate of Entrepreneurship from Osun state University with first class grade In Nigeria. I'm 25 years old. I want to apply for MBA course in Canada. My question is that, is IELTS result mandatory to boost visa success despite the fact that my o'level result proves that i'm proficient in English language?

Oreoluwatemi

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Good afternnon, i'm a graduate of Entrepreneurship from Osun state University with first class grade In Nigeria. I'm 25 years old. I want to apply for MBA course in Canada. My question is that, is IELTS result mandatory to boost visa success despite the fact that my o'level result proves that i'm proficient in English language?
No, IELTS will not boost anything. Only your school will probably require it for admission and most likely won’t since you are from Nigeria you will not need it. So don’t waste your time writing it unless your school asks for it.