Hi everyone, I just got Opr.
Applied on September 2, for January intake, regular, no AIP
Gave bio on Sept 16
Eligibility started on September 18
One ghost update on October 6
BVL on December 1st
OPR on December 2nd
Uni was added to list on November 3.
Guys if I get my visa now and then defer my intake from winter to summer, is it going to be oki? I'm sending my passport for visa stamp tomorrow and want to defer to sumer. Is this much delay oki?
I told you. congrats bro:)

Reactions: sbenyamin

sbenyamin

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Hi friends,

I'm from Indonesia, applied for my study permit in August until now the status still Submitted.
Until now I don't even have a chance to get my biometric due to the VAC in my country is remains closed until an uncertain time.

Is anyone knows how many steps of the decision-making process to get a study visa
Please correct if these steps are correct [in terms of application status in the CIC web]

1 Processing
2 Reviewing
3 Submitted
4 ?
5?
you have to give biometric, even if they are closed see if you can give bio in another neighbor country. after bio they will give the final result.

polipeptit

Star Member
Aug 24, 2020
Hi guys @natase @thecazgir I just want to ask a question about UPS tracking number

I received a message 24hrs ago

"The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No................... has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, Ankara on 2020/12/02 via UPS. Please use Tracking id. or the AWB number provided to track the shipment on the courier partners website after 24hrs. "

Although more than 24 hours have passed, I can't reach the details of shipment. How did you track your passport ?

natase

Oct 2, 2020
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
AINP
Hi guys @natase @thecazgir I just want to ask a question about UPS tracking number

"The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No................... has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, Ankara on 2020/12/02 via UPS. Please use Tracking id. or the AWB number provided to track the shipment on the courier partners website after 24hrs. "

Although more than 24 hours have passed, I can't reach the details of shipment. How did you track your passport ?
Bro I'm having same issue here. I have been trying to contact VFS but they are not responding to calls.

ohbruh

Jul 25, 2020

Bro I'm having same issue here. I have been trying to contact VFS but they are not responding to calls.
They are not working on Thursday. You may call directly UPS to ask about it or wait for tomorrow to call VFS.

I got LOI today but didn't receive the UPS tracking number yet. The latest mail I received from VFS:

The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. XXXXXXXXXXXX has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, to the Canada Visa Application Centre in Embassy CVO.

pikapoo

Dec 1, 2020
Hello guys,

I applied visa on 01/12/20. Tomorrow i will give biometrics. Am i too late to get visa for january-2021 intake?

I need to pay tuition end of this month. Actually i don't want to pay till i get study visa.

natase

Oct 2, 2020
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
AINP
Hello guys,

I applied visa on 01/12/20. Tomorrow i will give biometrics. Am i too late to get visa for january-2021 intake?

I need to pay tuition end of this month. Actually i don't want to pay till i get study visa.
you don’t need to pay tuition to be approved of study visa. But you have to proof that you have sufficient fund to cover Atleast one year of your study and 1 year living expenses( stated on IRCC website) in Canada.

also make sure you pay any tuition deposit(usually $500-$3k depends on your DLI) you have with your DLI.

I believe you applied late for the visa. You are suppose to have more than 90days left before your learning start date from the time you applied for study permit. But due to Covid-19 there should be an exemption.

Best of luck :)

Milad88

Aug 9, 2020
you applied on September? rejection letter usually follows immediately after BVL

They are issuing OPR in groups, to be able to handle passport submissions and return. so I believe you will get OPR not rejection.

*keep your hopes high.*
Hi there,
I have sent my passport for processing to Ankara VAC. On 30th December, it received by IRCC and is under process since then.
How much do you think it takes for labeling and other stuff? I know some people who are in similar situation but their passport had been labeled yesterday or the day before.

A.trk

Nov 3, 2020
How many days did it take them to ship your passport after reaching the embassy? I've booked my flight for next saturday, My passport reached to the embassy yesterday that's why I'm worried.
It took about 4 working days After it reached to the embassy. I hope it all works out for you

pikapoo

Dec 1, 2020
you don’t need to pay tuition to be approved of study visa. But you have to proof that you have sufficient fund to cover Atleast one year of your study and 1 year living expenses( stated on IRCC website) in Canada.

also make sure you pay any tuition deposit(usually $500-$3k depends on your DLI) you have with your DLI.

I believe you applied late for the visa. You are suppose to have more than 90days left before your learning start date from the time you applied for study permit. But due to Covid-19 there should be an exemption.

Best of luck :)
Actually i didn't pay tuition because i have time to pay it till end of this month. Also i already applied for study visa. Hope this will not affect my visa. Collage sent me Letter of Acceptance without paying any fee and tuition.

sbenyamin

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
  • Guys, i received OPR yesterday and i am sending my passport to vfs for visa sticker. can i defer my admission from winter to summer now? my internet connection is very weak and cannot take online classes so i rather defer for next term, is it gonna be a problem in airport in summer?