Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
23-06-2020
Passport Req..
20-11-2020
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2020
Congrats! So we are sure now, if they know your DLI is approved but not listed yet, then they don't need to wait the next update to send OPR. :)
Not true. So far, I sent them 3 web forms telling them my DLI is on the list since 20 October and I seem to always get generic response..

Last edited:

polipeptit

Star Member
Aug 24, 2020
congrats bro :)
Thank you bro :)

Not true. So far, I sent them 3 web forms telling them my DLI is on the list since 20 October and I seem to always get generic response..
your school will start in Jan ? I think they have complicated sorting algorithm. My DLI is approved / not listed but I received OPR. My LOA says that my school will start on Nov 23.

Tete

Jun 26, 2017
Egypt
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
23-06-2020
Passport Req..
20-11-2020
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2020
Thank you bro :)

your school will start in Jan ? I think they have complicated sorting algorithm. My DLI is approved / not listed but I received OPR. My LOA says that my school will start on Nov 23.
Yes. My studies start in January. Although we share the same processing office, I think something is wrong for Egyptians, because none of the Egyptians I know applying for a SP have received an OPR, not really sure.

Probably you have an on-going security investigation.
I ordered GCMS notes, and it says "Criminality: Passed - Bio".

ohbruh

Jul 25, 2020
Yes. My studies start in January. Although we share the same processing office, I think something is wrong for Egyptians, because none of the Egyptians I know applying for a SP have received an OPR, not really sure.

I ordered GCMS notes, and it says "Criminality: Passed - Bio".
Criminality is a different process. It's automated. Security part is manual and run by CSIS. Probably IRCC waiting for security report from CSIS to finalize your application.

Reactions: Tete

karatekamil

Sep 7, 2020
Hi Friends,
I wonder about one topic. I appreciate if you can give some insight.
In my case, I applied for study permit in mid-June, got AIP in August.
I already have a valid visitor visa which was issued in 2018.
Do you think they would still request my passport? Or will I get letter of introdcuton/Fİnal approval directly?
Do you have any idea?
Thanks,

gghattas

Star Member
Aug 1, 2020
Hi Friends,
Do you think they would still request my passport? Or will I get letter of introdcuton/Fİnal approval directly?
Do you have any idea?
Thanks,
where are you from ?

ohbruh

Jul 25, 2020
I got a ghost update today. DLI is not on the list and will not be on the list with today's update (school told me).

Hi Friends,
Do you have any idea?
Thanks,
No, they will not request your passport. You will get directly letter of introduction.

karatekamil

Sep 7, 2020
I am from Turkey.
My school already started in the September semester.
By the way, I've changed my course in the same college due to some problems unrelated to me actually. (classes got full for some reason, very stupid if you ask me)
My new course is under the same department of (business school) the college. My main contact in the college told me there is no need to update my study permit because of that.
What do you think?
Many things are at stake, considering the money and time spent. It is frustrating to wait for so long.

ptragen

Feb 27, 2020
I applied on may 29th but as of today nothing ! I really don't know what to do anymore. I emailed them and they said they can't tell me when they are going to give an answer

ozzyess

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
Guys , those who have already received their passport request, how long did you wait between the biometrics and the letter request?

Mine already passed a month and still no update on the profile.

Thanks!

sbenyamin

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Guys , those who have already received their passport request, how long did you wait between the biometrics and the letter request?

Mine already passed a month and still no update on the profile.

Thanks!
my friend gave bio like ten days ago and yesterday received his OPR. it seems like Bio and background check are not related, because they can't finish someone's background check in like 6 or 7 days after bio. so if you haven't received anything it's still because the background check has not finished yet and is not related to bio date.

Reactions: ozzyess