+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Applications from Turkey Here

polipeptit

Star Member
Aug 24, 2020
I sent my passport at 28th of November. It took vfs almost 2 weeks to send it to the embassy. And finally it is delivered today
How many days did it take them to ship your passport after reaching the embassy? I've booked my flight for next saturday, My passport reached to the embassy yesterday that's why I'm worried.

laiks

Aug 31, 2020
"The Canada Visa Application Centre in Istanbul, Turkey will remain closed from Thursday, 26th November 2020 until further notice due to the Covid-19 outbreak. "

thecazgir

Star Member
Oct 20, 2020
Haven't you received e-mail from VFS global after ypu sent your passport? I got the the first e-mail a day after delivery. I strongly suggest you to call them.

Either they entered your e-mail incorrectly or the worst, they didn't receive your passport.

I got the exact same updates in the same dates.
I have received emails from them regularly but they're quite slow. The last email I received is this:

The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. ....... has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, to the Canada Visa Application Centre in Embassy CVO.
Regards,
VFS Global

karatekamil

Sep 7, 2020
"The Canada Visa Application Centre in Istanbul, Turkey will remain closed from Thursday, 26th November 2020 until further notice due to the Covid-19 outbreak. "
Hello , this is the VFS, right? Or are they the ones that issue Letter of Acceptance / Full approval for study permit? I am not sure if they are different offices.

I wonder how this affects study permit approvals. It's been 6 months already on my side since I applied. Stress is really not helping out.

I will be really disappointed if they stop issuing final study permit approvals again.

By the way, I've already visa, that is why I don't really worry about passport requests. but, I am sorry for those who wait.

Thanks

thecazgir

Star Member
Oct 20, 2020
Hello , this is the VFS, right? Or are they the ones that issue Letter of Acceptance / Full approval for study permit? I am not sure if they are different offices.

I wonder how this affects study permit approvals. It's been 6 months already on my side since I applied. Stress is really not helping out.

I will be really disappointed if they stop issuing final study permit approvals again.

By the way, I've already visa, that is why I don't really worry about passport requests. but, I am sorry for those who wait.

Thanks
No this is not about study permit approvals, it's just about services of VFS in Istanbul. SPs are reviewed by the IRCC office at the embassy in Ankara. You don't need to worry for now.

laiks

Aug 31, 2020

Thanks
It seems like only for VFS istanbul.

tryyourbest

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
My passport delivered to VFS Istanbul yesterday according to PTT. I haven't hear anything from VFS. I will try to get more info tomorrow.
Ours also received by VFS two days ago and no news then. I hope they don't keep our passports for six months without openning them.

thecazgir

Star Member
Oct 20, 2020
Ours also received by VFS two days ago and no news then. I hope they don't keep our passports for six months without openning them.
I'm in the same situation. But I don't think they'll keep it. They'll probably continue to send what they have. They have no right to retain our passports, they have to send them.

laiks

Aug 31, 2020
Probably, they will process passports or send to VFS Ankara. Or send it back without processing. The worst scenario is passports will be lost :D

tryyourbest

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
I hope they at least send it to Ankara VFS directly. I have not heard anything after they receive it, probably they have not opened it. But who will send our passports to Ankara VFS, I am suspicious about whether there is any responsible there right now?