+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Applications from Turkey Here

ohbruh

Jul 25, 2020
Thank you ! Do you know sth about Stage 2 process or how long it will take ?
I think they already made decisions but not released yet. The best bet is to order GCMS and look for the notes, whether it is full approval.

I don't think they will issue POE or counterfoils before travel restrictions lifted. I believe they will gradually issue the travel documents once the restrictions eased.

By the way, I ordered GCMS again on September 11 and still waiting for it. It may give us an idea of what they are doing behind the doors. :)

Last edited:

natase

Oct 2, 2020
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
AINP
Greetings everyone,

please has anyone gotten AIP, but no Medical Request?.

applied - June 10
biometric request - June 11
biometric done - August 7
AIP received - Sep 7
no Medical Request yet

polipeptit

Star Member
Aug 24, 2020
Greetings everyone,

applied - June 10
AIP received - Sep 7
no Medical Request yet
no medical request for Turkey

BIG_T

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
United Arab Emirates
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
07-08-2020
Greetings everyone,

applied - June 10
AIP received - Sep 7
no Medical Request yet
Right here but I am not applying from turkey

shelbyltd

Sep 29, 2020
Hello, guys. Wanted to schedule an appointment for the biometrics in Instanbul's VAC, but all the available dates are blank, however, a friend of mine did the biometrics like 3 weeks ago and made an appointment online, so what should I do? Wait for Wednesday and ask the VAC's employees in a chat?

turkishapplicant

Oct 3, 2020
Hello everyone,

I have applied for my study permit on the 29th of June 2020 and gave my biometrics on the 21st of August. I have received an email on the 21st of August that is telling me that my application passed to the next stage of processing based on preliminary eligibility assessment. I am applying from Turkey and I wanted to ask what are the steps from now on? Do you know approximately when it is likely that I will get my visa? What is AIP and when will I get it?

ohbruh

Jul 25, 2020
Hello everyone,

I have applied for my study permit on the 29th of June 2020 and gave my biometrics on the 21st of August. I have received an email on the 21st of August that is telling me that my application passed to the next stage of processing based on preliminary eligibility assessment. I am applying from Turkey and I wanted to ask what are the steps from now on? Do you know approximately when it is likely that I will get my visa? What is AIP and when will I get it?
The letter you received is the AIP (approval-in-principle). I think they will start stage two processing soon.

turkishapplicant

Oct 3, 2020
The letter you received is the AIP (approval-in-principle). I think they will start stage two processing soon.
Thank you very much. My spouse will also apply for a work permit, do you think it will also take several months? or the processes will be better from now on?

ohbruh

Jul 25, 2020
Thank you very much. My spouse will also apply for a work permit, do you think it will also take several months? or the processes will be better from now on?
You're welcome! The processing times are decreasing for study permit applications but for work permit still shows around 23 weeks.

Why don't you merge your application with your spouse at the beginning? It's really hard to say how they are going to handle work permit applications.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

turkishapplicant

Oct 3, 2020
You're welcome! The processing times are decreasing for study permit applications but for work permit still shows around 23 weeks.

Why don't you merge your application with your spouse at the beginning? It's really hard to say how they are going to handle work permit applications.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html
Thank you again. Because we were not married when I was applying :) Then, there is nothing much but to hope that it will take much less than that :)

Reactions: ohbruh

aegaeg

May 5, 2020
Hello, guys. Wanted to schedule an appointment for the biometrics in Instanbul's VAC, but all the available dates are blank, however, a friend of mine did the biometrics like 3 weeks ago and made an appointment online, so what should I do? Wait for Wednesday and ask the VAC's employees in a chat?
Hi, I am experiencing the same problem. I also tried to call, but I guess they are closed on Monday and Tuesday. I will call them again tomorrow.