+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Applications from Turkey Here

aydongs

May 6, 2020
Hello everyone. I finished a 2 year programme in Canada and I applied to another program. My study permit was going to expire in April 30, 2020. So I applied extension November 2019. However, before pandemic, I came to Turkey and couldn't come back. My previous SP expired and new one is approved in June. It is sent to my address in Canada and my friend mailed my SP and Coop WP. I applied TRV in July 8, 2020 and gave biometrics in July 15. I was waiting since then and I actually was hopeless about that. I sent emails and web forms that I have to go back to Canada since I was already there and even my rent contract is still going on and my classes started online but 10 hours time difference is nightmare. Also I have to work in Canada to finish my program and I can't find a job when I'm outside of Canada. Yesterday, they approved my visa application and asked my passport. I think 7 months of hold on my life will about to be lifted in couple of weeks and I'll go back to Canada. As far as I follow from the Canadian media and Twitter, they are going to make some updates on travel restrictions. It seems that it'll be mostly about the family members of Canadians and PRs, but schools and travel companies are pressuring the government about the travel restrictions, because they are about the bankrupt. I'm thinking that next weeks will bring slight hope and acceleration on the applications. Good luck to everyone! I know it was a horrible uncertainty and it's not over yet, but they cannot do this forever. I hope everyone here get their positive results as soon as possible.

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
Hello everyone. I finished a 2 year programme in Canada and I applied to another program. My study permit was going to expire in April 30, 2020. So I applied extension November 2019. However, before pandemic, I came to Turkey and couldn't come back. My previous SP expired and new one is approved in June. It is sent to my address in Canada and my friend mailed my SP and Coop WP. I applied TRV in July 8, 2020 and gave biometrics in July 15. I was waiting since then and I actually was hopeless about that. I sent emails and web forms that I have to go back to Canada since I was already there and even my rent contract is still going on and my classes started online but 10 hours time difference is nightmare. Also I have to work in Canada to finish my program and I can't find a job when I'm outside of Canada. Yesterday, they approved my visa application and asked my passport. I think 7 months of hold on my life will about to be lifted in couple of weeks and I'll go back to Canada. As far as I follow from the Canadian media and Twitter, they are going to make some updates on travel restrictions. It seems that it'll be mostly about the family members of Canadians and PRs, but schools and travel companies are pressuring the government about the travel restrictions, because they are about the bankrupt. I'm thinking that next weeks will bring slight hope and acceleration on the applications. Good luck to everyone! I know it was a horrible uncertainty and it's not over yet, but they cannot do this forever. I hope everyone here get their positive results as soon as possible.
everything, schools, hotels, restaurants, travel companies all are bankrupt... Here in Calgary, one prominent restaurant is getting on lease..

ohbruh

Jul 25, 2020
Any news ? @ohbruh

I'm really sick and tired of waiting
Eligibility still reviewing... No AIP yet.

I got GCMS notes yesterday. I requested GCMS on August 26 and received GCMS report dated as of August 31.

There is nothing but only criminality check and info sharing done. I ordered them again since my eligibility review started on September 9.

Reactions: polipeptit

polipeptit

Star Member
Aug 24, 2020
Eligibility still reviewing... No AIP yet.

I got GCMS notes yesterday. I requested GCMS on August 26 and received GCMS report dated as of August 31.

There is nothing but only criminality check and info sharing done. I ordered them again since my eligibility review started on September 9.
How can I order GCMS reports? Could you please tell to me ?

ohbruh

Jul 25, 2020
I'm about to go crazy. It has been 9 weeks and 2 days .Still nothing.
You also applied for Winter 2021, right? I really believe that we will get the final decision directly without AIP.

Processing times for Turkey reduced 22 weeks to 8 weeks. It means they finalized most of the applications and I think holding decisions for some reason.
(The system automatically calculates processing times based on the number of open cases.)

Before COVID-19, it was taking 21 days to finalize a study permit application. It's been 16 days since our eligibility started, and I hope to get our decision by the end of this month.

Reactions: polipeptit

polipeptit

Star Member
Aug 24, 2020
You also applied for Winter 2021, right? I really believe that we will get the final decision directly without AIP.

Processing times for Turkey reduced 22 weeks to 8 weeks. It means they finalized most of the applications and I think holding decisions for some reason.
(The system automatically calculates processing times based on the number of open cases.)

Before COVID-19, it was taking 21 days to finalize a study permit application. It's been 16 days since our eligibility started, and I hope to get our decision by the end of this month.
Yes, I've applied for Winter 2021 (start date: 4th Jan ) but I got free intensive English course so my actual start date 23th Nov.

I just realized that processing times reduced from 22 weeks to 8 weeks. I think it is a good news for us. As you said that we will get the final decision directly without AIP.

Reactions: ohbruh

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
Yes, I've applied for Winter 2021 (start date: 4th Jan ) but I got free intensive English course so my actual start date 23th Nov.

I just realized that processing times reduced from 22 weeks to 8 weeks. I think it is a good news for us. As you said that we will get the final decision directly without AIP.
they reduced study permit processing time?
this is good news because colleges, universities, hotels, restaurants are losing big time here.