Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Yes, we applied together
Same story for me and my husband, we send out some inquiries but embassy is silent regarding his case

• Sad
Reactions: Sad93

MsCutler

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
could you share documents checklist to apply together please. your help would be appreciated.
Just to share: when I applied last year together with my spouse (he applied for open work permit), on his end he submitted a statement of purpose (why he would like to accompany me, reasons for applying for open work permit etc), proof of funds (minimum is 4k cad for him). Also submitted his most recent college transcript, documents for employments and businesses he had the past 10 years (though he was not really required to submit these). Note: when you apply online you will be asked a series of questions relevant to the type of application you are applying for etc. Based on your responses, it will prompt the required documents you need to submit for your application.

Reactions: kiranbeant

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Just to share: when I applied last year together with my spouse (he applied for open work permit), on his end he submitted a statement of purpose (why he would like to accompany me, reasons for applying for open work permit etc), proof of funds (minimum is 4k cad for him). Also submitted his most recent college transcript, documents for employments and businesses he had the past 10 years (though he was not really required to submit these). Note: when you apply online you will be asked a series of questions relevant to the type of application you are applying for etc. Based on your responses, it will prompt the required documents you need to submit for your application.
Is it possible that the VO issues the visas seperately? I mean the student gets his visa and his spouse does not

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
  • Love
Reactions: lanp2606 and Sad93

Aman Samson Mogos

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
Hello every one,

I am Eritrean citizen living in Italy more about 3 years now. I am confused it I need a medical exam or not for the study permit. Accoring to the official website of CIC it says....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you’re applying to become a temporary resident of Canada, you must have a medical exam if you:
  • want to come to Canada for more than 6 months and
  • have lived or traveled for 6 months in certain countries or territories in the year before you come to Canada
You need a medical exam if there is a “yes” in the second column. Countries are listed alphabetically. Certain overseas locations may also be listed under the country of sovereignty, such as the United Kingdom.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have checked for Italy and it says NO. Does it mean that I do not need a medical exam?

Please some one help me to clarify this.

With all respect,
Aman

fatyma

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
I have applied too with my spouse and a kid. I received my AIP a week ago and at the same day spouse's and kid application went in to eligibility review. However, medical is still not passed for both of them.

Aman Samson Mogos

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
I have applied too with my spouse and a kid. I received my AIP a week ago and at the same day spouse's and kid application went in to eligibility review. However, medical is still not passed for both of them.
hello, thanks for the reply. Where are you from? Were you required to do the medical?

Thanks

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Hello every one,

I am Eritrean citizen living in Italy more about 3 years now. I am confused it I need a medical exam or not for the study permit. Accoring to the official website of CIC it says....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you’re applying to become a temporary resident of Canada, you must have a medical exam if you:
  • want to come to Canada for more than 6 months and
  • have lived or traveled for 6 months in certain countries or territories in the year before you come to Canada
You need a medical exam if there is a “yes” in the second column. Countries are listed alphabetically. Certain overseas locations may also be listed under the country of sovereignty, such as the United Kingdom.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have checked for Italy and it says NO. Does it mean that I do not need a medical exam?

Please some one help me to clarify this.

With all respect,
Aman
It depends on where you are applying from. If you will apply from Italy, then you must reside there for the last 6 months and won’t need medical exam then. If you went home in the last 6 months or are planning to apply from home, then you must get medical exam

Aman Samson Mogos

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
It depends on where you are applying from. If you will apply from Italy, then you must reside there for the last 6 months and won’t need medical exam then. If you went home in the last 6 months or are planning to apply from home, then you must get medical exam
Hey thanks for the reply. I am applying from Italy and I have resided in Italy starting from Feb 2018. I visited home once in Dec 2019 for three weeks. With this info do you think I should not be required for Medical Exam?

thanks

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Hey thanks for the reply. I am applying from Italy and I have resided in Italy starting from Feb 2018. I visited home once in Dec 2019 for three weeks. With this info do you think I should not be required for Medical Exam?

thanks
If you were in Italy since let’s say February 2020 and remained there without leaving since then, then medical exam is not required. If an officer might think otherwise, they will request it. But this is unlikely

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
I applid on July 30th with my spouse and received AIP first of September but the eligibility for my spouse has not started yet! we both did our biometrics.

fatyma

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
I applid on July 30th with my spouse and received AIP first of September but the eligibility for my spouse has not started yet! we both did our biometrics.
My date of application is 29th July. Your spouse's medical is passed??