Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
I applied for SP together with SOWP on August 8th. I received an approval for SP but my spouse case does not have any updates (except for passing medical exam on Sep 16th). Since all of you know that international students will be allowed to enter on/after October 20th my husband and I started to ask questions to IRCC about what documents might be missing. This is what we learned today:
1. Even though our application got split in two on GC key, we are still processed together.
2. I received my decision first, but it does not count as being issued SP. An approval is when PPR is issued (which is not possible due to travel restrictions despite VAC being opened)
3. We will receive an approval together (PPR) once travel restrictions lift. I imagine it is going to be once my DLI is on the list.

I wrote this post just to calm down those spouses who applied together for SP and fear of being separated if one is rejected and the other is approved. Don’t worry and if in doubt, order GCMS notes (like I did already hahaha)

Nandy0488

Star Member
Apr 3, 2019
I applied for SP together with SOWP on August 8th. I received an approval for SP but my spouse case does not have any updates (except for passing medical exam on Sep 16th). Since all of you know that international students will be allowed to enter on/after October 20th my husband and I started to ask questions to IRCC about what documents might be missing. This is what we learned today:
1. Even though our application got split in two on GC key, we are still processed together.
2. I received my decision first, but it does not count as being issued SP. An approval is when PPR is issued (which is not possible due to travel restrictions despite VAC being opened)
3. We will receive an approval together (PPR) once travel restrictions lift. I imagine it is going to be once my DLI is on the list.

I wrote this post just to calm down those spouses who applied together for SP and fear of being separated if one is rejected and the other is approved. Don’t worry and if in doubt, order GCMS notes (like I did already hahaha)
Thank you very much for the information. Reliefffff

Reactions: janesama
Jun 27, 2020
Thank you for sharing information!!!

"We will receive an approval together (PPR) once travel restrictions lift. I imagine it is going to be once my DLI is on the list."
Does it mean applicants will not receive passport requests before October 20th?

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Thank you for sharing information!!!

"We will receive an approval together (PPR) once travel restrictions lift. I imagine it is going to be once my DLI is on the list."
Does it mean applicants will not receive passport requests before October 20th?
Most likely... I was hoping that the list would be live on October 8th but it doesn’t seem so. IRCC might be intentionally delaying publishing the list in order to let the relatives of Canadian citizens in first (the details about those should be live on October 8th) and then us, students. Anyways, it’s good to plan that you might be in Canada by the mid November

JK7878

Apr 28, 2019

Hi! Was it an upfront medical or did IRCC requested it?

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Hi! Was it an upfront medical or did IRCC requested it?
It was an upfront, but he had to go through additional examination due to issues with lungs. They are strict on what is considered normal when it comes to x-ray

kiranbeant

Aug 11, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
It was an upfront, but he had to go through additional examination due to issues with lungs. They are strict on what is considered normal when it comes to x-ray
Please share documents checklist I
want to apply for my spouse.

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Please share documents checklist I
want to apply for my spouse.
To be honest, the checklist depends on your individual case. We submitted everything that was required by IRCC (I recommend to create GCkey profile and make an application even if you do not plan on submitting it yet, I think you have like 30 days to send an application otherwise it disappears. Anyway, IRCC won't see it/get it until you pay the fee). And if you are confident, do an upfront medical exam (for you as a student and him as a worker).

I did submit (Non-SDS):
1) Marriage certificate, translated and notarized (which means you must scan the original, translation, and the last page where it is sawn)
2) Financial documents with funds exceeding $10K CAD + tuition fee + 1500 CAD for spouse (I cannot recall the exact amount at the top of my head, check the IRCC website on how many finances you are required to show. It was all in English. + letter of support from my spouse (translated+notarized) + letter of support from my dad (translated+notarized)
3) 1 page of SOP + proofs (transcript from previous college since I am a transfer, property docs (translated+notarized), police certificate (translated+notarized), and accomodation booking (because my VAC had it as required document)
4) Passport – front + all stamped pages
5) Photo
*note that I studied in the US before Canada and thus IELTS or Toefl was not needed for my admission
4) All filled-in required forms, including application for TRV
For my spouse (he has his own business)
1) Purpose of travel - other – booked flight tickets for me and my spouse, his in two ways
2) Application forms
3) 1 page of SOP + proofs (his agreement with my dad to overtake his own business while I am studying (translated+notarized), proof that business is legitimate (translated invoices), police certificate (translated+notarized)
4) Passport – front+ all stamped pages + old passport (same story)
5) Photo

kiranbeant

Aug 11, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
To be honest, the checklist depends on your individual case. We submitted everything that was required by IRCC (I recommend to create GCkey profile and make an application even if you do not plan on submitting it yet, I think you have like 30 days to send an application otherwise it disappears. Anyway, IRCC won't see it/get it until you pay the fee). And if you are confident, do an upfront medical exam (for you as a student and him as a worker).

I did submit (Non-SDS):
1) Marriage certificate, translated and notarized (which means you must scan the original, translation, and the last page where it is sawn)
2) Financial documents with funds exceeding $10K CAD + tuition fee + 1500 CAD for spouse (I cannot recall the exact amount at the top of my head, check the IRCC website on how many finances you are required to show. It was all in English. + letter of support from my spouse (translated+notarized) + letter of support from my dad (translated+notarized)
3) 1 page of SOP + proofs (transcript from previous college since I am a transfer, property docs (translated+notarized), police certificate (translated+notarized), and accomodation booking (because my VAC had it as required document)
4) Passport – front + all stamped pages
5) Photo
*note that I studied in the US before Canada and thus IELTS or Toefl was not needed for my admission
4) All filled-in required forms, including application for TRV
For my spouse (he has his own business)
1) Purpose of travel - other – booked flight tickets for me and my spouse, his in two ways
2) Application forms
3) 1 page of SOP + proofs (his agreement with my dad to overtake his own business while I am studying (translated+notarized), proof that business is legitimate (translated invoices), police certificate (translated+notarized)
4) Passport – front+ all stamped pages + old passport (same story)
5) Photo
Thank you so much for your Reply . It will me a lot . appreciate you . All the best for your future.

Aman Samson Mogos

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
Hello everyone, I have got an acceptance letter from DLI for a P.hD student position with full funding (20k CAD). I would like to apply for SP and SOWP for my wife. How much funding do I need for her?

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Hello everyone, I have got an acceptance letter from DLI for a P.hD student position with full funding (20k CAD). I would like to apply for SP and SOWP for my wife. How much funding do I need for her?
You must show in total that you have enough to pay for tuition (letter stating you have full funding + 10,000 CAD + 4,000 CAD for your wife + additional funds to pay for your rent (10,000 in regular city and 15,000 if you'll be in city like Vancouver or Toronto). It's always better to show more
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/get-documents.html#doc3

Aman Samson Mogos

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
You must show in total that you have enough to pay for tuition (letter stating you have full funding + 10,000 CAD + 4,000 CAD for your wife + additional funds to pay for your rent (10,000 in regular city and 15,000 if you'll be in city like Vancouver or Toronto). It's always better to show more
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/get-documents.html#doc3
Hey thanks. the tuition is 7K CAD per year. I will be showing 20K CAD funding per year + 20K from my bank account. Do you think this will be enough?

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Hey thanks. the tuition is 7K CAD per year. I will be showing 20K CAD funding per year + 20K from my bank account. Do you think this will be enough?
If I understand you correctly, it should be. But if you have any additional funds like + 1K CAD its better to show it anyways

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Dear friend, we applied together (no medical needed) and done the biometric around 45 days ago. I received my AIP but after that we got no updates on our profiles. Is this normal?

Reactions: kiranbeant
Oct 11, 2020

Hi, if you dont mind me asking, which country did u apply from?
I have read that the processing time from UAE is 47 weeks :/