+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding processing of both SP and SOWP

AnaCamp

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
I applied for SP together with SOWP on August 8th. I received an approval for SP but my spouse case does not have any updates (except for passing medical exam on Sep 16th). Since all of you know that international students will be allowed to enter on/after October 20th my husband and I started to ask questions to IRCC about what documents might be missing. This is what we learned today:
1. Even though our application got split in two on GC key, we are still processed together.
2. I received my decision first, but it does not count as being issued SP. An approval is when PPR is issued (which is not possible due to travel restrictions despite VAC being opened)
3. We will receive an approval together (PPR) once travel restrictions lift. I imagine it is going to be once my DLI is on the list.

I wrote this post just to calm down those spouses who applied together for SP and fear of being separated if one is rejected and the other is approved. Don’t worry and if in doubt, order GCMS notes (like I did already hahaha)
I applied for OWP for my spouse and TRV for my 2 year old. My kid got approved in Aug 10th received the passport back already with the stamp. I got AIP Aug 17th and nothing changed for my spouse. I ordered GCMS and both of us are final approved since July 7 but they are holding the passport request. Obvious my kid can’t travel alone so we are patiently waiting to receive the request on or before the 20th. When I questioned IRCC over the phone I was told that each application can be reviewed by different officers and that is why sometimes the decision does not come at the same time.

kiranbeant

Aug 11, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
I applied for OWP for my spouse and TRV for my 2 year old. My kid got approved in Aug 10th received the passport back already with the stamp. I got AIP Aug 17th and nothing changed for my spouse. I ordered GCMS and both of us are final approved since July 7 but they are holding the passport request. Obvious my kid can’t travel alone so we are patiently waiting to receive the request on or before the 20th. When I questioned IRCC over the phone I was told that each application can be reviewed by different officers and that is why sometimes the decision does not come at the same time.
Then how your kid got his passport back with stamped ? Are VFs closed in your home country?

Mehdi23

Jan 8, 2018
I applied for SP together with SOWP on August 8th. I received an approval for SP but my spouse case does not have any updates (except for passing medical exam on Sep 16th). Since all of you know that international students will be allowed to enter on/after October 20th my husband and I started to ask questions to IRCC about what documents might be missing. This is what we learned today:
1. Even though our application got split in two on GC key, we are still processed together.
2. I received my decision first, but it does not count as being issued SP. An approval is when PPR is issued (which is not possible due to travel restrictions despite VAC being opened)
3. We will receive an approval together (PPR) once travel restrictions lift. I imagine it is going to be once my DLI is on the list.

I wrote this post just to calm down those spouses who applied together for SP and fear of being separated if one is rejected and the other is approved. Don’t worry and if in doubt, order GCMS notes (like I did already hahaha)

Hello my friend

I have an opposite situation. I mean while my wife has applied for OWP visa, she has been pass requested on 30 september. However, as I am main applicant and I applied for SP, my application is in progress yet and I didn't receive any update since January.

• Wow
Reactions: Sad93

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Hello my friend

I have an opposite situation. I mean while my wife has applied for OWP visa, she has been pass requested on 30 september. However, as I am main applicant and I applied for SP, my application is in progress yet and I didn't receive any update since January.
Maybe it varies from country to country. On the other side, if your wife is already approved and basically her eligibility is closely tied to your SP then you must also be approved, but VAC intentionally holds off your PPR

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Hi, if you dont mind me asking, which country did u apply from?
I have read that the processing time from UAE is 47 weeks :/
If you look under the arrow of my "Star Member" status, you would see that I applied from Kyiv. Kyiv is the capital of Ukraine, so it means I did application from there. I did get super lucky that Ukrainians are super in love with the US and that's why not a lot of people apply to come to Canada :D

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Hello my friend

I've never heard something like that before that the they approve the OWP and not the main applicant. That's crazy. I and my spoude are waiting for some updates too but after a month ago that I got my AIP, still nothing.

Mehdi23

Jan 8, 2018
I've never heard something like that before that the they approve the OWP and not the main applicant. That's crazy. I and my spoude are waiting for some updates too but after a month ago that I got my AIP, still nothing.
Yes bro
its crazy. You know, I am a type of person who very starange and different things is happened to me that others have never seen. :D:D;)

• Haha
Reactions: Sad93

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Hello @janesama any update on your application. Did you guys get SP and SOWP?
Hi! Yep, we got both SP and SOWP and mailed our passport with a day apart. My husband got authorization letter today, we are now waiting for his counterfoil and POE letter. We both mailed in our passport to VAC. I got my passport already processed, received counterfoil and POE letter, now waiting for mine to return

Reactions: lanp2606 and Sad93

Hertie

Aug 28, 2020
Did you have to use New York VFS courier service?

AnaCamp

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Did you have to use New York VFS courier service?
Well, when I contact via chat they told me that I could use any courier to send in the docs and only pay their service for the return envelope. When I sent the email requesting the return label they wanted to bill me for 2 way, so I sent them the chat transcription and they accepted only to issue the return label. Not sure if they updated their website since then. I would chat with them to ask. What they charge is an absurd amount, I guess is around $30 each way per person. Not fair. But anyway, now that my application is still in progress I can’t wait to get is done, so would pay whatever...

Hertie

Aug 28, 2020
Well, when I contact via chat they told me that I could use any courier to send in the docs and only pay their service for the return envelope. When I sent the email requesting the return label they wanted to bill me for 2 way, so I sent them the chat transcription and they accepted only to issue the return label. Not sure if they updated their website since then. I would chat with them to ask. What they charge is an absurd amount, I guess is around $30 each way per person. Not fair. But anyway, now that my application is still in progress I can’t wait to get is done, so would pay whatever...
Yeah, they updated for it to be 2 way. And it’s about $60 for that. They won’t accept it any other way. And it’s even taking more than 24 hours to get the payment link.

AnaCamp

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Yeah, they updated for it to be 2 way. And it’s about $60 for that. They won’t accept it any other way. And it’s even taking more than 24 hours to get the payment link.
That is crazy, meaning that I would have to pay $120 ( me and my spouse). I was even thinking in requesting the label already so once the OPR comes, I am ready. Or just say to then, too late I already mailed docs through usps for $7 just bill me the return shipping lol:cool:

Reactions: Hertie