IELTS Request
Scheduled
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I think IRCC has forgotten any complete applications (SP and SOWP) from Australia :(
Submitted-July 07
Biometrics completed-July 09
Meds-not required
AIP-Aug 31
GCMS noted from Oct 03 indicate AIP granted, Eligibility- Recommend Passed, Criminality-Passed; Info Sharing-In Progress (though everything received and ready for review)

Just freaking out now...Kids schools start Jan 04 and my program starts Jan 06

Reactions: DianaFilip

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
I think IRCC has forgotten any complete applications (SP and SOWP) from Australia :(
Submitted-July 07
Biometrics completed-July 09
Meds-not required
AIP-Aug 31
GCMS noted from Oct 03 indicate AIP granted, Eligibility- Recommend Passed, Criminality-Passed; Info Sharing-In Progress (though everything received and ready for review)

Just freaking out now...Kids schools start Jan 04 and my program starts Jan 06
Is SP school on the list? If yes write IRCC a webform ASAP otherwise your case would remain at the end of a pile

scaria197

Star Member
Jun 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2010
Doc's Request.
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Scheduled
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Is SP school on the list? If yes write IRCC a webform ASAP otherwise your case would remain at the end of a pile
Hi Janesama, yes written to them-no response. Also provided a letter from the school advising classes are face to face. No response. This was sent 12 days ago. Also, school on approved list since Oct 20.

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Hi Janesama, yes written to them-no response. Also provided a letter from the school advising classes are face to face. No response. This was sent 12 days ago. Also, school on approved list since Oct 20.
Weird... wait two more days and send a webform again and attach the same letter

scaria197

Star Member
Jun 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2010
Doc's Request.
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Scheduled
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I did finally hear back from IRCC but got a very generic response. None of my questions were answered---

Good day XXXXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring COVID-19 and its impact on IRCC clients.

As a facilitation measure to support the fall 2020 intake of international students, a temporary two-stage assessment process was implemented for initial study permit (SP) applications.

This 2-stage process only applies to SP applications:

• Submitted by September 15, 2020, and
  • For programs that started in spring, summer or fall 2020.
To learn more about this process, please consult our website.

For more information and to receive the latest updates on the situation, we invite you to visit our website regularly.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

XXXXXX, agent XXXX
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
I did finally hear back from IRCC but got a very generic response. None of my questions were answered---

Good day XXXXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring COVID-19 and its impact on IRCC clients.

As a facilitation measure to support the fall 2020 intake of international students, a temporary two-stage assessment process was implemented for initial study permit (SP) applications.

This 2-stage process only applies to SP applications:

• Submitted by September 15, 2020, and
  • For programs that started in spring, summer or fall 2020.
To learn more about this process, please consult our website.

For more information and to receive the latest updates on the situation, we invite you to visit our website regularly.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

XXXXXX, agent XXXX
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html
What country are you applying from? It might be beneficial to call them in Canada and tell that you receive generic answers despite asking a specific question

scaria197

Star Member
Jun 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2010
Doc's Request.
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Scheduled
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi Janesama, Australian resident in Australia

scaria197

Star Member
Jun 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2010
Doc's Request.
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Scheduled
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi All, so I finally received approval with the eTA. However, my wife's SOWP and the kids SP's have not been emailed yet.

Is this normal? Do I need to write to IRCC asking them for an update?

Classes start Jan 06 2021 and stressing out!

Reactions: lanp2606

Aman Samson Mogos

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
Right, or if you applied on the weekend usually on Monday. Give them about a week to send biometric letter for her and don’t panic (which is easy to do if you never went through the process and have no idea what to expect)
Hello, my student permit application eligibility started on 06 November, still no update. And after 3 weeks, today, the eligibility of my spouse open work permit started. Do you think this implies a good news on our visa application?

I thought they might not started eligibility of my spouse open work permit unless they are thinking to approve my SP. What do you think?

Thanks

lanp2606

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Hi All, so I finally received approval with the eTA. However, my wife's SOWP and the kids SP's have not been emailed yet.

Is this normal? Do I need to write to IRCC asking them for an update?

Classes start Jan 06 2021 and stressing out!
Hi. Congratulations. Do you have any update for your spouse?

scaria197

Star Member
Jun 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2010
Doc's Request.
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Scheduled
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting

JK7878

Apr 28, 2019
Hello!! Hello!! I’ve received PPR for my study permit yesterday but haven’t received anything for my spouse’s OWP application. BTW, we received medical request together. I am really worried.

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Hello!! Hello!! I’ve received PPR for my study permit yesterday but haven’t received anything for my spouse’s OWP application. BTW, we received medical request together. I am really worried.
Most likely they are checking something for the spouse. Don’t worry, if you are approved then the spouse would be most likely approved

Reactions: lanp2606

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
They are separate applications and OWP take longer. It is hard to say when you will hear about the OWP. You can order GCMS notes to see if that provides you more information.

Reactions: janesama

Ali.F

Aug 28, 2020
To be honest, the checklist depends on your individual case. We submitted everything that was required by IRCC (I recommend to create GCkey profile and make an application even if you do not plan on submitting it yet, I think you have like 30 days to send an application otherwise it disappears. Anyway, IRCC won't see it/get it until you pay the fee). And if you are confident, do an upfront medical exam (for you as a student and him as a worker).

I did submit (Non-SDS):
1) Marriage certificate, translated and notarized (which means you must scan the original, translation, and the last page where it is sawn)
2) Financial documents with funds exceeding $10K CAD + tuition fee + 1500 CAD for spouse (I cannot recall the exact amount at the top of my head, check the IRCC website on how many finances you are required to show. It was all in English. + letter of support from my spouse (translated+notarized) + letter of support from my dad (translated+notarized)
3) 1 page of SOP + proofs (transcript from previous college since I am a transfer, property docs (translated+notarized), police certificate (translated+notarized), and accomodation booking (because my VAC had it as required document)
4) Passport – front + all stamped pages
5) Photo
*note that I studied in the US before Canada and thus IELTS or Toefl was not needed for my admission
4) All filled-in required forms, including application for TRV
For my spouse (he has his own business)
1) Purpose of travel - other – booked flight tickets for me and my spouse, his in two ways
2) Application forms
3) 1 page of SOP + proofs (his agreement with my dad to overtake his own business while I am studying (translated+notarized), proof that business is legitimate (translated invoices), police certificate (translated+notarized)
4) Passport – front+ all stamped pages + old passport (same story)
5) Photo
Hello, thank you for the list. I have a question. If I receive the study permit individually, later on my common-law would have to create an IRCC account and apply for his open work permit alone? And I guess attach my study permit under additional documents.

Last edited: