+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Permit Approval from UAE

Eng.abla

Star Member
Feb 13, 2020
I received today a survey from IRCC on how COVID-19 has affected my plans to come to Canada. Has anyone received the same?

Eng.abla

Star Member
Feb 13, 2020
Hi Everyone

After 3 webforms in the past three months, I received a reply from IRCC Abu Dhabi for the three webforms that they cannot provide an estimated time to complete the processing of my application.

Did you receive any updates?

Reactions: UAEng123

Abdulrmadani

Feb 23, 2020
Hi Everyone

After 3 webforms in the past three months, I received a reply from IRCC Abu Dhabi for the three webforms that they cannot provide an estimated time to complete the processing of my application.

At least it means they are back on track.
For me nothing yet.

Shazd85

Oct 28, 2019
Hi everyone,

@Aric127 @Mjk43891 @sbk3002 @UAEng123 @Holi @vikenfirakezi @Abdulrmadani @Nirisha88 @amsanae @Shazd85 @demme343

Did you receive any updates or any changes on your account? What is your plan? Are you gonna register for the courses or apply for deferral?

Nothing changed in mine. My college has no deferral, so if I didn't get answer by end of August, I will lose admission and will have to apply again for the next fall as winter deadline is already passed. My course registration starts tomorrow.
I already deferred from May intake to September intake. Still waiting for final decision. Luckily my status went back to normal " we are processing your application".
If i didnt hear by end of August i will have to defer to January 2021 intake.
I just hope we get an answer soon. Its been a long journey.

Sh0612

Jun 25, 2020
Hi,
I submitted my study permit application online on April 15th , received request for biometrics the next day . Due to the closure of vfs, unable to do the biometrics. I haven't done upfront medicals .

Is anybody there who is also applying from Qatar ?

Reactions: Aric127

UAEng123

Jun 9, 2020
Hi Everyone

I have also received this email today after two webforms. Certainly positive news! It’s a matter of time hopefully. Logically, many people are going through the same now for September intake. September is a major intake month especially for bachelors degree students. Ambiguity till August will certainly drive many people to consider other options. For the preservation of international student numbers, I am hoping things would start to move soon depending on the upcoming and long awaited announcement on travel restrictions.

Reactions: Eng.abla

Aric127

Star Member
May 15, 2017
Hi,
I submitted my study permit application online on April 15th , received request for biometrics the next day . Due to the closure of vfs, unable to do the biometrics. I haven't done upfront medicals .

Is anybody there who is also applying from Qatar ?
Yes Sh0612 I applied from Qatar on 11th March Biometric done on 15th till yet no update on application status.

Reactions: Sh0612

Eng.abla

Star Member
Feb 13, 2020
Hi everyone,

Kindly do you know where I can find info on how to read GCMS notes. I received mine and it shows that last 5 activities are as below

Biometrics- FCC not started
Biographic- submit - delayed
Biometrics- RCMP not started
Criminally In progress
Criminally Not started
But no dates at all.

Any clue what dose it mean?

vikenfirakezi

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
Hi everyone,

Kindly do you know where I can find info on how to read GCMS notes. I received mine and it shows that last 5 activities are as below

Biometrics- FCC not started
Biographic- submit - delayed
Biometrics- RCMP not started
Criminally In progress
Criminally Not started
But no dates at all.

Any clue what dose it mean?
As far as i know:

FCC - stands for federal communications commission
RCMP - stands for Royal Canadian Mounted Police

Reactions: Eng.abla