+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Steps to check PR Card Status !!

Emily89

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
For anyone keeping track of stats, my PR card arrived eventually, a bit past the 60 days, likely 65-70. I know of two other people that got theirs roughly around the 40 day mark, so the 60 day is likely an average number.
I'm keeping track!!
I'm landing next week and have travel booked for end of May... I'm praying, crossing every finger and toe that i get it on time! Your message made me feel a little better :)

mahendra94us

Aug 10, 2017
Hi,

I am able to link me and my wife PR Card application with CIC account. However, for my child details, It did not found information. Is anybody see the same issue? Should I wait to complete 60 days or any other suggestions?

mahendra94us

Aug 10, 2017
A soon as I have link my PR Card application, I can see displaying status as: 'Pending Registration'. What is the meaning of this status?

chikouist

Mar 1, 2016
I've been trying to link my family members PR card applications to my CiC profile (being the main applicant) but can't find their's. Mine says submitted. Does that mean, their's are also submitted?!!

Thank you

r4rameezraja

Star Member
Dec 21, 2017
Hello Friends I though many people who recently landed might want to check PR card status then follow below steps. Me and many of my friends have already done it. we all were on express entry (SINP).

Follow below steps only after you have landed. It gives only 5 attempts in one day.

1) Login to CIC account.
2) Go to section "Link an existing application to this account". Click on "Link application to this account" button.
3) Select category as PR Card
4) Select "Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name"
5) Fill required details (please make sure capital, small, comma etc.)
6) Provide landing date in "Date you became a permanent resident"
7) Click on search my application.
8) after application searched make sure you submit application else not linked.

One you have successfully linked your application it will shown you as "Submited" status and once it is ready for dispatch it will go into "Approved" status.

If you receive any photo request then it will not change any status. Regularly check PR card processing time on CIC website as photo request or PR card approval both come in last 5-10 days (i.e if processing time is 63 days then after 55 days you will be able to see some movement.)
I linked it but it shows in detail registration pending what does it mean

vincent552266

May 23, 2017
I was also trying to link application of my spouse and child for almost 2 months, finally I was able to link by following suggestion of @Hayhi87 https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/track-your-pr-card-timeline-and-processing-times-here.394703/page-363
Try these steps
1. Link PR card application based on uci and family name.
2. Use title case (capitalize first letter of each word) to put family name and place of birth.
3. In copr place of birth may be only listed partially due to space limit, but while searching the application to link you need to put complete as you have put in post ITA PR application, make sure to use title case only as the search is case sensitive.
I hope by following these steps you may be able to link, if not call cic.
Hi dora115,

For 'the date you become permanent residence', did you fill your landing date or the issue date in COPR?

Thanks

shariq123

Jun 8, 2016
I was successfully able to link mine and my wife's PR card application to my account but was unsuccessful to link my son's application. Is it because the Place of Birth in my son's COPR was blank and therefore the immigration officer did not put anything in that field for him while he filled in the PR application thus the database not being able to find my son's application?

Voolate

Nov 30, 2016
Hi! How will I know if my pr card hasalready been sent? And will I know what address they sent it to ifits correct

CANdreams

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Hello All,

Any ideas why i'm neither able to link my application to CIC Account nor check its status. I have landed here in Toronto on 18th May 2018 along with dependents. Has the process not begun ? is that the reason i'm not able to track?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello All,

Any ideas why i'm neither able to link my application to CIC Account nor check its status. I have landed here in Toronto on 18th May 2018 along with dependents. Has the process not begun ? is that the reason i'm not able to track?
You need to wait. Has only been 7ish business days.

hiteshkumar1986

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
singapore
NOC Code......
Hi All ,
We already linked our PR cards with CIC account , its showing Approved for me and my kid from last 3 days but still submitted stage for my wife ? any one face this issue...

Generally when they ask for new photos set as I did not get any email from cic for photo rejection ??

CANdreams

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
You need to wait. Has only been 7ish business days.
I could link our Applications to my CIC account, just followed what @Home-manitoba did say in other thread.

I have used "UCI and Family name" to link account. With extra caution this time entered 'Place of Birth' exactly as it appears in Passport ( i had to include Space, Comma, case sensitive etc..)

C4P

Apr 24, 2018
Hi,

For all those who were not able to link their PR Card Applications in CIC account, the problem could be with the Place of Birth. I unsuccessfully tried (UCI No. + Family Name) several times with different combinations (all caps, no caps, sentence case etc. for Family Name, Place of Birth etc.), got locked out after exceeding the limit (max. 5 attempts per day I guess) for 2 days, then realized that the Place of Birth could be an issue. I was typing the Place of Birth as exactly in my CoPR (which was just the CITY name), in my Passport I have both CITY Name (comma) STATE Name. I tried again today with this combo and BINGO !! it went through and i was able to link the application.

So here are some tips to make this work:

1. Use the UCI No. + Family Name option
2. Enter all details in CAPS (that's what worked for me)
3. For the Place of Birth field, try to enter the full details as in your Passport (e.g. MUMBAI, MAHARASTRA or CHENNAI, TAMILNADU) including any spaces in between.
4. Now try to link it.

As far as I understand, there is no time limit on how soon you can link you PR Card application after landing, but you should be able to link 2-3 days after landing if the details you enter are valid.

Good Luck.

Reactions: CANdreams

Home-manitoba

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
MPNP: May 2014
Nomination.....
Nov 13, 2015
AOR Received.
March 16, 2016
Med's Request
27/07/2017
Med's Done....
05/08/2017
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
12/01/2017
VISA ISSUED...
In God's perfect time
LANDED..........
In God's perfect time
Hi All ,
We already linked our PR cards with CIC account , its showing Approved for me and my kid from last 3 days but still submitted stage for my wife ? any one face this issue...

Generally when they ask for new photos set as I did not get any email from cic for photo rejection ??
For my spouse, GCkey remained in submitted status even when they asked for photos. There will be no message in gckey about the photo request. But he received an email.

As for my daughter, still in submitted status but there’s no email for photo resubmission. Wondering whether we have missed the email somehow, i called The helpline and they confirmed to me that there’s really no photo request for her and her application is now sent to card production. It was just processed late compared to ours.