+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Steps to check PR Card Status !!

pranab24

Star Member
May 5, 2017
I landed on 26th Dec which was a holiday in Canada. Do you think officially they will put my landing date as 27th Dec? I could not retrieve my application in the system with 26th Dec landing date.

Sherenk

Star Member
Jun 25, 2016
Hi Guys

I am not able to link anyone in my family of four. It has already been 60 days since my PR application, should this be a cause of worry?
Just to update. I called CIC and they told me that my Canadian address was never entered. So they took my address and told me to update my phone number through change of address form or raise a case (they sent me link to update phone number).

Would strongly suggest all to contact CIC as soon as 60 days is up.

gym

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Try Australia
Hello banana, i have been reading your answers for a while now , i intend to apply as a self employed too but the processing time is too long and also i see that u did land last december in canada my question when u get there do u have to work as a self employed i mean what if i get a job at some company when im in canada

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just to update. I called CIC and they told me that my Canadian address was never entered. So they took my address and told me to update my phone number through change of address form or raise a case (they sent me link to update phone number).

Would strongly suggest all to contact CIC as soon as 60 days is up.
thank you for the info. Whats their number?

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
+1+613-944-4000
Thank you so much Sherenk. Yes, you were spot on in suggesting to call them if we cross 60 day timeline. I did and figured our photos were rejected too but I got no mail to that effect. The agent resent the mail requesting for new photos and I will need to send them.

So, possible you miss mail or email when the photos are rejected and I strongly suggest to c all them to figure out whats going, beyond 60 day timeline.

johninflamez

Sep 22, 2017
Unable to link my CIC account with the PR Card account. I have completed my landing on Jan 20th 2018.

Any help folks? There are a few combinations available to search for your application. Can someone tell me what does the application number look like? I have my UCI number, PR Application number and CoPR Counterfoil number. While linking PR card, which application number does it refer to?

NOTE: I do not have a family name as the folks at the Indian Passport office messed up.

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
What options do you select when you call, the same one you did for PR application? I could not select an application that started with an R.

The file shows it was updated yesterday but how do I know if they need a new address?

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unable to link my CIC account with the PR Card account. I have completed my landing on Jan 20th 2018.

Any help folks? There are a few combinations available to search for your application. Can someone tell me what does the application number look like? I have my UCI number, PR Application number and CoPR Counterfoil number. While linking PR card, which application number does it refer to?

NOTE: I do not have a family name as the folks at the Indian Passport office messed up.
Have you ensured to enter place of birth as is from the passport? This is the usual problem with those who are unable to link

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What options do you select when you call, the same one you did for PR application? I could not select an application that started with an R.

The file shows it was updated yesterday but how do I know if they need a new address?
Cannot recall the options I chose but its straight forward, You just listen and you will know what to select. Also, do not rely on the status of the application linked in your account. I think it only helps in whether the processing is completed or not but not necessarily tell you anything if there is any problem

canadiantica15

Sep 14, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
File Transfer...
24-05-2017
Med's Request
06-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2017
LANDED..........
15-12-2017

canadiantica15

Sep 14, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
File Transfer...
24-05-2017
Med's Request
06-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2017
LANDED..........
15-12-2017

It took 5 days for the application to show up on MyCIC. The application number starts with R followed by 9 numbers. Keep attempting to link and follow the instructions from this guide: https://immiknowhow.com/2017/12/24/linking-pr-card-application-online/

Reactions: Jakev

faizy786

Jun 12, 2015

We have the same landing dates how long does it take for the entire process the website says 61 days

cprasp

Jul 6, 2015
Hey, any idea if it is 61 days from the day they receive the pictures or 61 days from the day you land? I landed in OCT and received Photo request in Dec 2nd week. They received it within the same week. It has been about 40 days since then and I still see that it is submitted. I'm not anxious but curious if I should follow up with them. If it is normal, then I would much rather wait. After all, It is not necessary for your day-to-day activities here.

P.S: Any idea if we need to have the card on our person all the time once we receive it? What is the requirement as per the law?