+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Steps to check PR Card Status !!

roq

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Hello Friends I though many people who recently landed might want to check PR card status then follow below steps. Me and many of my friends have already done it. we all were on express entry (SINP).

Follow below steps only after you have landed. It gives only 5 attempts in one day.

1) Login to CIC account.
2) Go to section "Link an existing application to this account". Click on "Link application to this account" button.
3) Select category as PR Card
4) Select "Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name"
5) Fill required details (please make sure capital, small, comma etc.)
6) Provide landing date in "Date you became a permanent resident"
7) Click on search my application.
8) after application searched make sure you submit application else not linked.

One you have successfully linked your application it will shown you as "Submited" status and once it is ready for dispatch it will go into "Approved" status.

If you receive any photo request then it will not change any status. Regularly check PR card processing time on CIC website as photo request or PR card approval both come in last 5-10 days (i.e if processing time is 63 days then after 55 days you will be able to see some movement.)
Thank you, this is really a good info. I landed today and was able to link my PR Card application in few hours

Omidahomie

Aug 23, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
September 4th, 2016
Nomination.....
CRS of 496
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
IELTS Request
Overall score of 8
Linked myself, and my daughter, but couldnt do my wife! weird. guess two are enough to predict.

csturner92

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Kamloops, BC
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
Can't link my application and I landed a little over two weeks ago.

csturner92

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Kamloops, BC
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
Never mind, I got it to work.

For my "Date You Became a Permanent Resident"

I was putting my "Issued Date" from my CoPR instead of the actual date I landed.

SimpleMac

Nov 22, 2016
Hi all,
I landed on Oct 24, but did not link my application as I was not aware of this. Does that mean my PR card won't be dispatched?

veer@canada

May 25, 2017
Can i link my pr card application to cic account even after 3 months of landing?. I got the photo request after 2 months and its already been one month since i sent the new photos. But I didn't get the pr card yet. I landed on 5th sep 2017. Plz advise.

krishraj

Dec 22, 2017
Linked myself, and my daughter, but couldnt do my wife! weird. guess two are enough to predict.
Did you try retyping everything exactly as it is shown on your wife's documents? I received an error once because my passport has my place of birth in caps but I typed it in lowercase in the PR card link page.

Reactions: Omidahomie

Omidahomie

Aug 23, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
September 4th, 2016
Nomination.....
CRS of 496
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
IELTS Request
Overall score of 8
Did you try retyping everything exactly as it is shown on your wife's documents? I received an error once because my passport has my place of birth in caps but I typed it in lowercase in the PR card link page.
Yeh I’ve tried it exactly. Will try the cap thing for place of birth. Thanks

Sunny_CV

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
My son is a Australian citizen and I am unable to link his PR card application to the CIC account. I don't know what to put in the Place of Birth. On his passport it is mentioned RANDWICK. I tried all permutation and combinations liked RANDWICK, NSW, RANDWICK, SYDNEY, RANDWICK, NEW SOUTH WALES in caps and lower case but nothing worked. Can someone suggest what I am missing here ?

searchin82

Sep 30, 2017
Can i link my pr card application to cic account even after 3 months of landing?. I got the photo request after 2 months and its already been one month since i sent the new photos. But I didn't get the pr card yet. I landed on 5th sep 2017. Plz advise.
Hi, did you get your PR card? how long did it take?

BaNana82

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
App. Filed.......
14-10-2016
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
06-06-2017
Med's Done....
24-06-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-11-2017
My son is a Australian citizen and I am unable to link his PR card application to the CIC account. I don't know what to put in the Place of Birth. On his passport it is mentioned RANDWICK. I tried all permutation and combinations liked RANDWICK, NSW, RANDWICK, SYDNEY, RANDWICK, NEW SOUTH WALES in caps and lower case but nothing worked. Can someone suggest what I am missing here ?
Try Australia

Sherenk

Star Member
Jun 25, 2016
Hi Guys

I am not able to link anyone in my family of four. It has already been 60 days since my PR application, should this be a cause of worry?

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys

I am not able to link anyone in my family of four. It has already been 60 days since my PR application, should this be a cause of worry?
Make sure to enter the details (place of birth in specific) exactly like what they are in your passport, including lower/upper case. Also ensure to enter the arrival date in Canada and not the date on which you got the COPR.

sam1989

Jan 13, 2017
How do I link my application if I went through an agent? I do not have the login details of my CIC account

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How do I link my application if I went through an agent? I do not have the login details of my CIC account
I guess only your agent can do this, unless you could obtain the login information from him/her