+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa Program Timeline

sv77

Jun 22, 2019
Hi everyone, @Mauchan

I am applying for SUV WP, but have some confusion regarding the online application. I answered all the questions as per CIC instruction on https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/start-visa/work-permits.html for SUV WP, but after submitting my answers I get “Foreign Worker” category whereas the website says I should get “Foreign Worker - International Mobility Program”, category. Could someone please advise if I am missing something?

Also, my required supporting documents check list is showing these documents, but not sure what I should submit for these. I have already submitted offer of employment.

Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered (required)
Employment Contract (required)

Moreover, not sure how to submit my commitment letter as it is not showing up in the required document list.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

SBrahma

Jun 22, 2019
Hey Everyone,
Thank You for taking the time out to guide us.
This website has been really helpful to me in my SUV process.
We have successfully secured "Letter Of Support" and now moving on to the next step.
My Partner and Me are on a student visa in Canada and will soon apply for PR under SUV.

My questions are:
1. Do we need to submit separate PR applications to CIO (i.e pay separate processing fee $1540)?
2. Can we submit the entire application online or it has to be mailed and then linked online?

Thank you so much, guys!!!

11Murray

Apr 26, 2019
Hi everyone, @Mauchan

I am applying for SUV WP, but have some confusion regarding the online application. I answered all the questions as per CIC instruction on https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/start-visa/work-permits.html for SUV WP, but after submitting my answers I get “Foreign Worker” category whereas the website says I should get “Foreign Worker - International Mobility Program”, category. Could someone please advise if I am missing something?

Also, my required supporting documents check list is showing these documents, but not sure what I should submit for these. I have already submitted offer of employment.

Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered (required)
Employment Contract (required)

Moreover, not sure how to submit my commitment letter as it is not showing up in the required document list.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.
Hi sv77,

I meet the exactly same situation as you do,did you figured it out whats the reason?And how it can solve?

Or does anyone how to solve this problem?Thank you friends.

soheilhs

Sep 16, 2016
Hey Everyone,

My Partner and Me are on a student visa in Canada and will soon apply for PR under SUV.

My questions are:
1. Do we need to submit separate PR applications to CIO (i.e pay separate processing fee $1540)?
2. Can we submit the entire application online or it has to be mailed and then linked online?
1- if you are referring "partner" to the other co-founder , yes you have to submit your application separately + pay separate application fee .

2- You must submit it on paper and once received your AOR, link it to your online account.

jamesaurora

Jul 20, 2019
@georgey 101,
We applied around the same time with you - 31 May 2018. My cofounder is inland while I'm out and with 2 dependants. I guess multiple partners/applicants, especially with dependants take longer time than single ones. Additionally, our application went for peer review and through procedural fairness, but thanking God it's now at passport request stage.

Wondering why yours is taking a little bit longer. Do you guys have multiple dependants? Did it go through peer review? Did they send you a procedural fairness letter?

I hope the fact that our application has multiple applicants/dependants and went through peer review/procedural fairness and still succeeded at last will encourage you. Hopefully, your approval will arrive soon.

I'm a pro-active International Business Development Manager having more than 20 years' experience in setting up SMEs as well as large size Corporates in the emerging African markets like Ghana, Nigeria, Benin, Togo, Tanzania, Uganda, Mozambique, Kenya. I am looking for Companies in Canada who are interested in setting up their business in Africa
I would like to know if I can try to get start-up Visa through some interested Company/Sponsor. How to contact the interested Sponsors/Incubators ?

SBrahma

Jun 22, 2019
1- if you are referring "partner" to the other co-founder , yes you have to submit your application separately + pay separate application fee .

2- You must submit it on paper and once received your AOR, link it to your online account.
Thank you so much it really helped

rajan.mady

Jan 22, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I was following this discussion forum from very long. Reading other peoples query and answers and i got idea whats going on in SUV application process.

I want to thanks all in this discussion forum you actually help all other newcomers those who are seeking knowledge about this process and all of you help me a lot.

So its my duty to update you all for my experience in Startup visa. Because i got the PR and i landed in Canada now in Toronto.

Here is the timeline for my each step in the application.

Application Received Dec 23 2018
Acknowledgement Jan 3 2019
Request for medical Feb 24th 2019 (sent everything the by March 07 2019 - medical test done)
Request additional doc March 20th 2019 (sent everything the by March 30 2019 )
Application approved - request for passports April 03 2019
Final determination and COPR signing April 25 2019 (Passport stamping Done)

I got selected by the incubator in Ontario GTA area. We are the Three partners in this startup. By the incubator, we must need to hire their immigration consultant and need to pay the fee to them to prepare our file. But Before submitting our file to the immigration department it took us bit time Because our consultant gave us complete instruction on how our file and documents need to include. I think thats, why our PR application process was faster than others as our documents, are aligned as per the immigration guidelines. So the officer didn't ask any further documents from us.

When we landed at YYZ airport. There was not such an interview. They just ask us where we want our PR card should be ship to thats all. We also got SIN number at airport.

I hope this will help others to get an idea about process.

if someone wants to talk to me you can write me mail - rajan7660@gmail.com

Hope you All get PR for Canada.

Thanks

Reactions: viberuz

SBrahma

Jun 22, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I was following this discussion forum from very long. Reading other peoples query and answers and i got idea whats going on in SUV application process.

I want to thanks all in this discussion forum you actually help all other newcomers those who are seeking knowledge about this process and all of you help me a lot.

So its my duty to update you all for my experience in Startup visa. Because i got the PR and i landed in Canada now in Toronto.

Request for medical Feb 24th 2019 (sent everything the by March 07 2019 - medical test done)

I got selected by the incubator in Ontario GTA area. We are the Three partners in this startup. By the incubator, we must need to hire their immigration consultant and need to pay the fee to them to prepare our file. But Before submitting our file to the immigration department it took us bit time Because our consultant gave us complete instruction on how our file and documents need to include. I think thats, why our PR application process was faster than others as our documents, are aligned as per the immigration guidelines. So the officer didn't ask any further documents from us.

When we landed at YYZ airport. There was not such an interview. They just ask us where we want our PR card should be ship to thats all. We also got SIN number at airport.

Thanks
Hey Rajan,
Congratulations.
Really happy for you guys, I am currently in the process so can relate.
And Thank You for updating us with the information. :)

rohanvus

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Hello Everyone,

Thanks
I need some help .I and my friends have small start-up company outside of Canada .
Can you pls advise if I should actively be working in a start-up (outside of Canada) before applying for SUV ? I am currently not drawing any money from the tech start-up in India (as i work in another job as well ) but contributing to the strategy ,planning and am one of the co-founders . This start-up is now kicking off well and so now gearing to take a full plunge into this . Do you think i can qualify or am ruled out since i am drawing salary from a different company and not the current start-up company in india ?

teejax

Aug 2, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Thanks
Congratulations and thanks for the information.

I will like to know if you applied for SUV Work Permit along with the PR or you just applied straight for the PR.

Can you also state the additional document requested for so as to send along with my application?

Thank you.

Omidghanadan

Oct 8, 2019
No medical exam yet, the application was received at the end of May and nothing else happened since :)

I got accepted into an incubator program. I contacted a lot of incubators and investors and it was all cold contact from their website. They ask all the questions that you can think of you should know everything about your business and why Canada would be a good fit for your business.
Hi there,
I got letter of support from an incubator to. But my lower do this. He send us our group's letter of support but I don't know it's the original one or a fake!
Would you please send me your picture of your letter of support so I can compare it with mine.
I'd be appreciated if help me.
My email address is
omid.ghanadan@gmail.com

Omidghanadan

Oct 8, 2019
Hi everybody,
I got letter of support from an incubator. But my lower do this. He send us our group's letter of support but I don't know it's an original one or a fake!
Could everybody send me a picture of a letter of support so I can compare it with mine.
I'd be appreciated if help me.
My email address is
omid.ghanadan@gmail.com

Matt173

Oct 13, 2019
I do not want to be a downer, but everything you described about the legal service you availed, sounds like you overpaid for very little work on their behalf. I followed the entire thread and I wonder what is precisely the service and value-add your lawyer provides? So far what they seem to have done is collect an incredible amount of money from you, recommend your dad to take the IELTS, and now they do not even coach you how to proceed with interacting with the incubator from which you need the letter of support? I am not accusing you or the lawyer at all, I simply wonder. I thought the entire point of hiring a consultant/lawyer was that they put you in touch with the incubator that is willing to support your startup idea. Just hearing about the insane cost that lawyers want to charge just to assist with the Startup Visa is mind-blowing. I would not be surprised to hear about such fee demands in corrupt countries where one can "buy" such letter of support but in Canada? What is the justification of a lawyer to charge 30k CAD or even more just to put you in touch with an incubator and filing a few documents on your behalf? Honestly asking...

Hi everyone,
It has been a long time that i haven't posted anything here. My father finaly got his ielts score and our business plan is ready to go. Our agent told us that we have an interview on skype this week. Who has any expreience about that interview in order to get the letter of support?

Matt173

Oct 13, 2019
Wow, I did not know designated incubators can do that. Isn't that a conflict of interest, basically issuing the letter of recommendation in exchange for >20k-30k of legal fees paid to their required immigration "consultant"? Before considering this program is this what most incubators demand?

What really worries me about this program is that most incubators seem to be almost blatantly obvious that they want to support existing revenue-generating businesses. What does that have to do with a start-up? Incubation means quite literally the implementation of a business idea from inception until incorporation. What I read in the last few pages is that incubators either look to simply partake from existing successful businesses without taking any of the risks or on the other hand minimize or completely hedge their risk by forcing potential entrepreneurs to sign costly legal support agreements in the tens of thousands.

Please, everyone, correct me if I am wrong here. Are there incubators that actually have an interest in supporting real startups, entrepreneurs who have viable business ideas, bring some funding to the table to show skin in the game, and have a team that can implement ideas to turn into products? What I read so far about the incubators is outright shocking and a huge turnoff for me to go this route although the program sounds otherwise interesting.

Hello Everyone,

Thanks

Last edited: