+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa Program Timeline

Startup_Visa

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
LOS should have WP and PR options picked only then the SUV applicant can apply WP. Its a bit confusing process a/h incorporation will be mandatory as you are going under WP which is closed and linked to the SUV and can not work for anyone else as the NOC is 00 and linked to you being an entrepreneur and working for your own SUV. I hope this gives you some insight. A/h if you have only opted for PR and applied already and now wish to see possibility of WP option then the best guide will be the LOS providing designated organisation and a Immigration lawyer's guidance as there are complications to this as the LOS needs amendment for WP to be added to it.
@viberuz - It's not mandatory to incorporate upfront for SUV WP. Applicant can incorporate after receiving the SUV WP and when they actually move on the SUV WP to Canada.

viberuz

Jul 6, 2020
@viberuz - It's not mandatory to incorporate upfront for SUV WP. Applicant can incorporate after receiving the SUV WP and when they actually move on the SUV WP to Canada.
good to know, thanks for this insight!
For my startup we have not applied WP but our Angel Investor wanted incorporation in Canada as they want to have term sheets, other documentation with legal and Escrow accounts etc. in Canadian Jurisdiction thats one of the primary reason we incorporated. Maybe Incubators work differently but any investment or money that you are raising with Angels or VC will need incorporation. We even have our Cap table done as we are 5 members in our startup and all have different share holdings.

viberuz

Jul 6, 2020
Are SUV WP's processed faster or as indicated in the cic website (26-30 weeks is the time-frame range depending on country one is applying from)?
From what i have heard countries like USA you can get in 4 months and countries like India one might not get in 8-12 months as these are processed by either the Embassy and or Outsourced Visa offices such as VFS which have their own workload/backlog & cover-19 situations.

Entrepreneur101

Jan 11, 2021
From what i have heard countries like USA you can get in 4 months and countries like India one might not get in 8-12 months as these are processed by either the Embassy and or Outsourced Visa offices such as VFS which have their own workload/backlog & cover-19 situations.
Thanks. I had heard from some that SUV Work Permits are processed in 4 weeks (before COVID it was 2 weeks) but the Canadian govt website gives an indication of 26-30 weeks processing time. It sort of defeats purpose as WP is supposed to be an expedited process allowing one to set up business while waiting for PR processing to complete.

Last edited:

viberuz

Jul 6, 2020
Thanks. I had heard from some that SUV Work Permits are processed in 4 weeks (before COVID it was 2 weeks) but the Canadian govt website gives an indication of 26-30 weeks processing time. It sort of defeats purpose as WP is supposed to be an expedited process allowing one to set up business while waiting for PR processing to complete.
I agree, we pivoted and decided to not opt for WP due to this pandemic and this timeline, with borders closed countries in lockdown 2021 will not be a year to relocate to a country and set up a new business. We rather focus on the Startup in the location where we have started and see how to build/improve.

Reactions: Entrepreneur101

Jat_suv

May 19, 2021
Hi folks
I have received LOS in April 2021
Filed WP along with upfront medical in May 2021, received Biometric request but as VFS is closed here in India, waiting them to open so that We can proceed with the submission. We are also filing our PR by next week. It will be helpful if anyone shares their experience if in the same boat. Also
1. Do they still process our WP application before receiving biometrics or Application will be kept on halt
2. Anyone moving or moved to BC in SUV program? Would like to connect, so will be helpful to share timelines and imp related

Hasayen

May 20, 2021
Hi ,

I did apply for SUV on Sept 2020 , also applied for WP on Oct. 2020 . . . received temp no. on Jan 21 . . . did not get any respond from IRCC till this day ! Could someone tell / help me and inform me on , when should I expect a response from IRCC . . . PS when I applied , the processing time for wp was 6 weeks , and for PR 12 months , now it shows 31 months . . . . anybody pls

Moazzam74

May 20, 2021
What is the success rate of SUV program through Angel Investor scheme. If the investor meets all the funding and other requirements?

katie.vanto

Mar 23, 2021
Hi ,

I did apply for SUV on Sept 2020 , also applied for WP on Oct. 2020 . . . received temp no. on Jan 21 . . . did not get any respond from IRCC till this day ! Could someone tell / help me and inform me on , when should I expect a response from IRCC . . . PS when I applied , the processing time for wp was 6 weeks , and for PR 12 months , now it shows 31 months . . . . anybody pls
Hi,
PR and WP are processed by 2 separated offices. If you received the temp no. for PR, it means your application is "on track", like other SUV applicants applied from early 2020.
For WP, the processing time is depended on the country you applied.

pathCanada

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Hi everyone,
I hope your patience is still ongoing, as this is the only things we all can do right now.
I am having a question regarding WP under SUV program.

We applied for WP in mid-February, and at the time of applying the processing time based on our country of origin was 20 weeks. So far, almost 13 weeks has passed from the submission date and according to the latest CIC official website, the processing time has been down to 13 weeks. However, we have not heard anything yet.

Should we rely on 13 or 20 weeks? Does anyone know how these numbers are calculated knowing that each Canadian embassy deals with different volume of applications?

And by the way, has anyone recently received their permanent number of application for SUV? We received our temporary file number in January 15, 2021 and nothing thereafter.
Cheers,

pathCanada

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Hi ,

Did you try sending web form to IRCC for work permit if you believe your application has already past the time?

katie.vanto

Mar 23, 2021
Hi everyone,
I hope your patience is still ongoing, as this is the only things we all can do right now.
I am having a question regarding WP under SUV program.

We applied for WP in mid-February, and at the time of applying the processing time based on our country of origin was 20 weeks. So far, almost 13 weeks has passed from the submission date and according to the latest CIC official website, the processing time has been down to 13 weeks. However, we have not heard anything yet.

Should we rely on 13 or 20 weeks? Does anyone know how these numbers are calculated knowing that each Canadian embassy deals with different volume of applications?

And by the way, has anyone recently received their permanent number of application for SUV? We received our temporary file number in January 15, 2021 and nothing thereafter.
Cheers,
All the quoted time is estimated only.

Jat_suv

May 19, 2021
Hi ,

Hi Hasayen,
Are you still waiting for your WP approval?