+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa Program Timeline

Startup1

Mar 30, 2021
Hi friends. I have just applied and I know it will take time for me to get the acknowledgement / file number. That said, I wanted to ask you - are they sending the acknowledgement by email or by paper mail (because they asked for two self addressed envelopes to be included - I wasn't sure how they were sending the file numbers)? Thank you!

Reactions: mamad611

mamad611

Star Member
Mar 21, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
Doc's Request.
Temp Application Number: 2021-01-25
AOR Received.
2022-09-20
Med's Request
2023-01-25
Med's Done....
2023-02-10
Hi friends. I have just applied and I know it will take time for me to get the acknowledgement / file number. That said, I wanted to ask you - are they sending the acknowledgement by email or by paper mail (because they asked for two self addressed envelopes to be included - I wasn't sure how they were sending the file numbers)? Thank you!
Hi dear friend,
All future communications are via email. Furthermore, after getting file number, it will be updated in your IRCC account too.

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hi dear friend,
All future communications are via email. Furthermore, after getting file number, it will be updated in your IRCC account too.
Hi,
@mamad611 is correct.
As IRCC website :
We’ll send you your application number by mail or email when
  • we made sure your application is complete
  • we begin processing your application
Once you have your application number, you can check the status of your application. There are a few ways you can do that, depending on if you applied online or on paper.
Cheers,
Kai

Startup1

Mar 30, 2021
Hi,
@mamad611 is correct.
As IRCC website :
We’ll send you your application number by mail or email when
  • we made sure your application is complete
  • we begin processing your application
Once you have your application number, you can check the status of your application. There are a few ways you can do that, depending on if you applied online or on paper.
Cheers,
Kai
Thank you!! I guess I got concerned they were asking for envelopes...will take even longer if they are sending me mail abroad :D

Startup1

Mar 30, 2021
Friends - one more question for you. When creating offer in the employment portal, the IRCC website is asking to select LMIA exemption code "Canadian Interests: Significant Benefit" (C10), but there is a code for Entrepreneurs to operate a business (C11) also. Which one to pick?

katie.vanto

Mar 23, 2021
Friends - one more question for you. When creating offer in the employment portal, the IRCC website is asking to select LMIA exemption code "Canadian Interests: Significant Benefit" (C10), but there is a code for Entrepreneurs to operate a business (C11) also. Which one to pick?
I inserted C10. And yours should be the same.
Good luck.
Katie

TucoR

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
31 month processing. I expect next year we will receive proper replies.
Well, waiting for 2.5 years is too much to get just a reply.
Startup ideas could die, also people could find other investors during this time frame

katie.vanto

Mar 23, 2021
31 month processing. I expect next year we will receive proper replies.
Well, waiting for 2.5 years is too much to get just a reply.
Startup ideas could die, also people could find other investors during this time frame
Hi TucoR,
Why dont u apply for wp and come to Canada to run your startup?

Entrepreneur101

Jan 11, 2021
Hi TucoR,
Why dont u apply for wp and come to Canada to run your startup?
Should one apply for PR first or WP? Or can it be done simultaneously?

Can one apply for WP with the LoS (the LoS has WP option check marked and I am marked as "essential") without having incorporated a company in Canada?

Last edited:

viberuz

Jul 6, 2020
Should one apply for PR first or WP? Or can it be done simultaneously?

Can one apply for WP with the LoS (the LoS has WP option check marked and I am marked as "essential") without having incorporated a company in Canada?
LOS should have WP and PR options picked only then the SUV applicant can apply WP. Its a bit confusing process a/h incorporation will be mandatory as you are going under WP which is closed and linked to the SUV and can not work for anyone else as the NOC is 00 and linked to you being an entrepreneur and working for your own SUV. I hope this gives you some insight. A/h if you have only opted for PR and applied already and now wish to see possibility of WP option then the best guide will be the LOS providing designated organisation and a Immigration lawyer's guidance as there are complications to this as the LOS needs amendment for WP to be added to it.

Reactions: Entrepreneur101

Entrepreneur101

Jan 11, 2021
LOS should have WP and PR options picked only then the SUV applicant can apply WP. Its a bit confusing process a/h incorporation will be mandatory as you are going under WP which is closed and linked to the SUV and can not work for anyone else as the NOC is 00 and linked to you being an entrepreneur and working for your own SUV. I hope this gives you some insight. A/h if you have only opted for PR and applied already and now wish to see possibility of WP option then the best guide will be the LOS providing designated organisation and a Immigration lawyer's guidance as there are complications to this as the LOS needs amendment for WP to be added to it.
Thanks for the response. The LoS allows me to apply for WP (I have not completed docs for PR filing yet). LOS also cites me as essential to business (I am sole applicant) and the WP option (section 8) is marked.

I have booked a name for company in BC registry. Name is held and needs to be incorporated in 2 months. But incorporation probably requires office space. I haven't been to British Columbia (or Canada before) but can get space at designated entity for office.

But if it is possible to apply for WP without incorporating company, it would allow me flexibility to go through incorporation process once in BC (including obtaining a federal number and bank acct etc).

Reactions: katie.vanto

viberuz

Jul 6, 2020
Thanks for the response. The LoS allows me to apply for WP (I have not completed docs for PR filing yet). LOS also cites me as essential to business (I am sole applicant) and the WP option (section 8) is marked.

I have booked a name for company in BC registry. Name is held and needs to be incorporated in 2 months. But incorporation probably requires office space. I haven't been to British Columbia (or Canada before) but can get space at designated entity for office.

But if it is possible to apply for WP without incorporating company, it would allow me flexibility to go through incorporation process once in BC (including obtaining a federal number and bank acct etc).
You can get an office remotely in BC i have done the same there are several Co-Working space that offers a registered office address and add on services of letters forwarding etc for as low as 30CA$ per month to upto 70CA$ per month. I am sure you will need incorporation for WP. Good luck

Reactions: Entrepreneur101