+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa Program Timeline

SUVApplicant

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
Congratulations...!
I assume that the IRCC decision envelope of yours will arrive at VAC in a couple of weeks you are going to get the good news soon!
All the best and safe landing in Canada!
Cheers
Kai

My lawyer just called me and said - VFS does not deal in PR Applications and it looks like a glitch in the system or a scam lol

SBrahma

Jun 22, 2019
Hi SBrahma,
I actually can't understand what your case has been going on since it seems to be passed and the final decision would be made.
I don't think anybody is able to understand " Application Status: ON HOLD " or "Eligibility: In process" except your Incubator or Immigration lawyer. Therefore, you had better ask them to support you to contact IRCC directly since they normally have the direct contact with the IRCC officer who has been processing your application.
FYI: One of my friends who has the same timeline as you and just landed in Canada in a couple of months.
By the way, could you please share with us what IRCC asked you for " ADR: September 9, 2019, & ADR: September 18, 2019"?
I wish your application status will be changed from " On Hold" to " Released" and you will receive the PPR soonest.
Good luck my friend
Cheers
Kai
Thank you for your reply Kai.
I applied for a Startup visa based on a business idea. (that's the reason for peer review )
The ADR was just confirming my status in Canada because I applied inland.
The other ADR was for the business plan and shareholder agreement and incubator related questions.

I spoke to my incubator, sent multiple web forms and spoke to the IRCC call centre agents as well about the Application being on hold and eligibility being in the process.....everybody seemed clueless.

Right now I am not sure as to what steps can I take.

Any experience with sending a complaint from the IRCC website regarding the processing time?
link: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/feedback-retroaction-eng.aspx

:)

Sharakova

Feb 23, 2021
Tajikistan
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney
AOR Received.
Just temporary fn
@Kai Nemo @SBrahma
1 year is a long waiting just for a peer review. ridiculous timetable assessment. :confused:
I became confused at the beginning of this journey.
who can help me to avoid going through peer review?

woodyohill

Mar 3, 2021
My first post here. Glad to have found the forum, at least I know I am not out there being so frustrated. I applied along with my partners under the SUV scheme in mid-May 2020. Our business has gained the support of one of the pre-approved VCs, (letter of support issued), and everything was submitted in mid-May 2020. As of today, I only have one acknowledgment from IRCC of receiving our application, and only a Temporary Application No. which as far as I understand, means the application is still in the envelope and has not been entered into the computer system. Originally I was hoping to leave for Canada this summer, but it's already 2021/03 and I doubt there's any chance of this happening. I just want to share my experience and timeline here in case there are others who are in the same boat.

SBrahma

Jun 22, 2019
@Kai Nemo @SBrahma
1 year is a long waiting just for a peer review. ridiculous timetable assessment. :confused:
I became confused at the beginning of this journey.
who can help me to avoid going through peer review?
I am not aware of any precautions you can take to avoid peer review, it's random I guess.

Two of my friends who applied with me and did not get a peer review.

specifically in my case its a business idea and I am a fresh grad with a lil or no experience.

Correct me if I am wrong guys.

Reactions: mamad611

mamad611

Star Member
Mar 21, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
Doc's Request.
Temp Application Number: 2021-01-25
AOR Received.
2022-09-20
Med's Request
2023-01-25
Med's Done....
2023-02-10
Hello my friend,
as I understand, your application sent to expertise panel for peer review because you were in early stage of your startup and therefore it made some concern and misunderstanding for officer.
Fortunately, it went well.

Peer review process in IRCC starts:

If we need more information about the commitment you’ve made, we may request a peer review.

Reactions: Kai Nemo

SBrahma

Jun 22, 2019
Hello my friend,
as I understand, your application sent to expertise panel for peer review because you were in early stage of your startup and therefore it made some concern and misunderstanding for officer.
Fortunately, it went well.

Peer review process in IRCC starts:

If we need more information about the commitment you’ve made, we may request a peer review.
I agree

SUVApplicant

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
Peer review generally (As per my incubator) happens when the company does not have any traction and or changes in the letter of support and or previous experience of the founder is not relevant or is not enough to justify to run the business etc. Peer review is normal, they would do an interview to sort things out. You should be fine - just relax bud. The stupid covid has slowed down everything.

I know for a fact that SUV Department was NOT working from March 2020 to June 2020. My lawyer told me and when they resumed they started to transfer all paper applications to the computer - that delayed the entire process. Generally my lawyer said, SUV Applications were fully finalized from 2 to 7 months time despite website showing 12to 16 months. So just hang in there bud! we are all in this together.

SBrahma

Jun 22, 2019
Thank you Bro.
According to my incubator peer review was going to take place on Nov 2019. we were just waiting for the final date for peer review. But the committee in charge of this kept delaying. There were complain letters send by my incubator to CIC as well but no response.

And then as you said pandemic started.

hope to see some movements soon.

All the best to everyone.:)

SUVApplicant

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
Thank you Bro.
According to my incubator peer review was going to take place on Nov 2019. we were just waiting for the final date for peer review. But the committee in charge of this kept delaying. There were complain letters send by my incubator to CIC as well but no response.

And then as you said pandemic started.

hope to see some movements soon.

All the best to everyone.:)
Sadly that's how it is. I am literally missing out on ton's of opportunities cause of this covid. I have 2 investment opps from US and need to be in Canada :(

mamad611

Star Member
Mar 21, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
Doc's Request.
Temp Application Number: 2021-01-25
AOR Received.
2022-09-20
Med's Request
2023-01-25
Med's Done....
2023-02-10
Hello there,
IRCC minister announced that Sydney Nova Scotia is coming to reunite and expand the capacity for their officers whom work remotely to comeback, also hiring 62 new employees. It would be great. Although, at the top of their priority are family applications. But I think it's a positive signal for business visa streams like us too.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2021/03/immigration-refugees-and-citizenship-canada-expanding-sydney-office-to-reunite-families-and-improve-processing.html

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hello there,
IRCC minister announced that Sydney Nova Scotia is coming to reunite and expand the capacity for their officers whom work remotely to comeback, also hiring 62 new employees. It would be great. Although, at the top of their priority are family applications. But I think it's a positive signal for business visa streams like us too.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2021/03/immigration-refugees-and-citizenship-canada-expanding-sydney-office-to-reunite-families-and-improve-processing.html
Wow. What great news is...!
Thank you very much for your shared information Mamad611.
Cheers
Kai

Reactions: mamad611

SUVApplicant

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
hey Guys, do case specific enquiries get updated on CIC Portal too? - i asked my lawyer to help me with the request on my case but the lawyer's reply was the same on processing times. My Incubator did take the Authority form from my to inquire on my application with IRCC.

Simultenously i submitted a webform with a detailed explanation for the reason to inquire the status of my application - and i wonder if that's going to be updated on CIC portal? - i do not want my lawyer to be upset.