+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa Program Timeline

SBrahma

Jun 22, 2019
hey Guys, do case specific enquiries get updated on CIC Portal too? - i asked my lawyer to help me with the request on my case but the lawyer's reply was the same on processing times. My Incubator did take the Authority form from my to inquire on my application with IRCC.

Simultenously i submitted a webform with a detailed explanation for the reason to inquire the status of my application - and i wonder if that's going to be updated on CIC portal? - i do not want my lawyer to be upset.
Hey,

As per my experience(i did not use a lawyer), all the enquires (calls, web forms, etc) were visible in GCMS notes. Although, You will not see it on the CIC portal.

And regarding the incubator, upon asking my incubator to get an update on behalf of me, they denied and the reason was "conflict of interest".

Hope this helps

SBrahma

Jun 22, 2019
Hi SBrahma,
I actually can't understand what your case has been going on since it seems to be passed and the final decision would be made.
I don't think anybody is able to understand " Application Status: ON HOLD " or "Eligibility: In process" except your Incubator or Immigration lawyer. Therefore, you had better ask them to support you to contact IRCC directly since they normally have the direct contact with the IRCC officer who has been processing your application.
FYI: One of my friends who has the same timeline as you and just landed in Canada in a couple of months.
By the way, could you please share with us what IRCC asked you for " ADR: September 9, 2019, & ADR: September 18, 2019"?
I wish your application status will be changed from " On Hold" to " Released" and you will receive the PPR soonest.
Good luck my friend
Cheers
Kai
Hey,
I contacted my Local MP to get an update about my file. As its on hold for about 14 months now and we don't know the reason.
They said-- my file is on hold because my eligibility is under "Review Required". There is no timeframe when the file goes under "Review Required"

Anybody who has experience with "Review Required", please share.

• Sad
Reactions: Kai Nemo

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hey,
I contacted my Local MP to get an update about my file. As its on hold for about 14 months now and we don't know the reason.
They said-- my file is on hold because my eligibility is under "Review Required". There is no timeframe when the file goes under "Review Required"

Anybody who has experience with "Review Required", please share.
Hi SBrahma,
As my understanding, in order to know more precisely of your application status, you have better ask your Immigration lawyer or your representative to send a request to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) under the Access to Information Act (ATI).
Please see this link you will have further information on this matter then you are able to know what you should do for your case.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html
Cheers
Kai

Last edited:

katie.vanto

Mar 23, 2021
Hi all,
Thank you for sharing your SUV stories, so that feel like we are in the same boat ;). And special thanks for @Kai Nemo, you are so kind and patient.
I applied for SUV on July 2020, and, as all of your sharing, I just wait for IRCC. However, I've came Canada under work permit to run my startup since Nov 2020, so, anything can share with you, I'd love to.

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hi all,
Thank you for sharing your SUV stories, so that feel like we are in the same boat ;). And special thanks for @Kai Nemo, you are so kind and patient.
I applied for SUV on July 2020, and, as all of your sharing, I just wait for IRCC. However, I've came Canada under work permit to run my startup since Nov 2020, so, anything can share with you, I'd love to.
Hi Katie,
Thank you for your very kind words. Yes, we are all in the same boat moving to Canada...hi...hi...Congratulations on your Work Permit granted since it means that your PR application has a very high possibility to get approval from IRCC. By the way, could you please share with us your detailed timeline such as In July 2020, you submitted your PR application and submitted your Work Permit application at the same time (I thought), and then when did you get the Work permit approval, Have you got any request for additional documents (ADR) and what they were? Whether your co-founder or your dependents have got the Medical Exam Instruction yet (It is certain that you have sent your medical result to IRCC at the same time with your Work Permit application)? Which country you have applied from? What is your application status at present?
Looking forwards to your shared timeline
Good luck to all
Cheers
Kai

Fargoloz

Star Member
May 2, 2020
Hi all,
Thanks Katie,

I got my WP 2 months ago and planning to land on June, was wondering about establishing your company, opening bank account personal and business. How was the experience? Did you open the company through a lawyer or just by yourself? if you have!

Thanks

dineshshristi

Mar 6, 2020
Dear All
Just updating about my time frame
File submitted-3 march 2020
File no -9 march 2020
Biometric done -11 march 2020
And after one year today 23 march 2021 received the mail regarding further documents
Such as educational documents, employment reference letters, updated bank statements and proof of incorporation in Canada , which is not done yet. Do we need to incorporate our firm under startup visa before pr any guidance please.

katie.vanto

Mar 23, 2021
Hi Katie,
Thank you for your very kind words. Yes, we are all in the same boat moving to Canada...hi...hi...Congratulations on your Work Permit granted since it means that your PR application has a very high possibility to get approval from IRCC. By the way, could you please share with us your detailed timeline such as In July 2020, you submitted your PR application and submitted your Work Permit application at the same time (I thought), and then when did you get the Work permit approval, Have you got any request for additional documents (ADR) and what they were? Whether your co-founder or your dependents have got the Medical Exam Instruction yet (It is certain that you have sent your medical result to IRCC at the same time with your Work Permit application)? Which country you have applied from? What is your application status at present?
Looking forwards to your shared timeline
Good luck to all
Cheers
Kai
Yes, I would summarize my case as below, generally it likes other cases. I had LOS from an incubator after 7 or 8 months worked together. When things went to finalize stage, the incubator suggested I should find a representative for administration procedures. I found a law firm represented me. The incubator sent the letter of support addressed me as "essential person"
PR application was sent on July, and then applying for Work permit
WP visa issued 2 weeks later.
Applied for open work permit to spouse and study permits to kids.
Startup venture incorporated by online registration, then opened bank account and capital transferred (with the help of the incubator)
Owp and ST issued on early October 2020
Landing Canada under work permit and study permit visas.
Self isolation, settle down.
January 2021 received the temporary file number. and no news up to now.
Now maybe my concern more about the startup operation than the PR application. It can said that starting in a pandemic is triple challenge than before, but I am happy because I love challenges :)
Wish we could meet other someday, in a startup submit.
Love. Katie.

katie.vanto

Mar 23, 2021
Thanks Katie,

I got my WP 2 months ago and planning to land on June, was wondering about establishing your company, opening bank account personal and business. How was the experience? Did you open the company through a lawyer or just by yourself? if you have!

Thanks
Yes, you can do after landing Canada. But please be aware that flying on Covid is very challenge. You should prepare completed documents and check with Canada to get relevant documents for landing, otherwise some airlines refuse to boarding.
My startup incorporated and had bank account before I landing (online registration, with the help of the Incubator). I have representative lawyer firm too.

SBrahma

Jun 22, 2019
Thank you @Kai Nemo for your reply to my previous thread.

Hello Everybody,
I have some updates on my file.
just a background.
I am 2019 Aor. my file was under peer review and had no updates for the past 17 months.

Today I got an email from the IRCC agent handling my file (i know this because the agent id was the same as my GCMS notes.)
The email asked for confirming my location in Canada, As I applied inland.

I also noticed that my medical which was expired 25th Oct 2020 is showing ---" passed medicals on 23rd march 2021"

I am very confused has to what will be next.

Anyone who had a similar experience please share.
Thank you.

katie.vanto

Mar 23, 2021
Thank you @Kai Nemo for your reply to my previous thread.

Hello Everybody,
I have some updates on my file.
just a background.
I am 2019 Aor. my file was under peer review and had no updates for the past 17 months.

Today I got an email from the IRCC agent handling my file (i know this because the agent id was the same as my GCMS notes.)
The email asked for confirming my location in Canada, As I applied inland.

I also noticed that my medical which was expired 25th Oct 2020 is showing ---" passed medicals on 23rd march 2021"

I am very confused has to what will be next.

Anyone who had a similar experience please share.
Thank you.
Hi, I think it is a good news, that they will send letter of approval to your mail after the address confirmed. IRCC said they will not issue the CoPR. They will send letter of approval directly to applicant.

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Dear All
Just updating about my time frame
File submitted-3 march 2020
File no -9 march 2020
Biometric done -11 march 2020
And after one year today 23 march 2021 received the mail regarding further documents
Such as educational documents, employment reference letters, updated bank statements and proof of incorporation in Canada , which is not done yet. Do we need to incorporate our firm under startup visa before pr any guidance please.
Hi Dineshshristi,
We are most likely on the same timeline.
We don't really need to incorporate our firm under startup visa before receipt of PR approval.
Please see the below instruction from IRCC Website:
=> At the time you receive your permanent residence:
  • you provide active and ongoing management of this business from within Canada
  • an essential part of the operations of the business happens in Canada
  • this business is incorporated in Canada
Cheers
Kai

Reactions: dineshshristi

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
hey GUys - Congratulations katie on the WP.

I just wanted to know if i can apply for WP again? @Kai Nemo
Hi SUVApplicant,
In my point of view, If I were you I wouldn't have applied for WP anymore.
This is because the WP processing procedure in some cases is not as simple and fast as you expected furthermore the WP application is not mandatory for the SUV application as well as your newborn child is still too young for travelling during this Covid 19 period.
Therefore, I assume that you should stay calm, patient, come back to your normal life and I wish God will bless you to receive the COPR from IRCC soonest.
Good luck my friend
Cheers
Kai