+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa Program Timeline

Hasayen

May 20, 2021
Hi,
PR and WP are processed by 2 separated offices. If you received the temp no. for PR, it means your application is "on track", like other SUV applicants applied from early 2020.
For WP, the processing time is depended on the country you applied.
Thanks for the info.

Jaspreet13

Star Member
Dec 24, 2017
Hi can you share details about the start up visa and how much do we need to invest and is it that it should be an existing business of anyone can throw light on this would be of great help thanks

pathCanada

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Hi everyone,

It's been a while that we've received no updates, neither from IRCC nor from applicants here who's waiting for SUV results and work permits. Does anyone have got any updates or heard something from anyone?

Cheers,

TucoR

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Hi everyone,

It's been a while that we've received no updates, neither from IRCC nor from applicants here who's waiting for SUV results and work permits. Does anyone have got any updates or heard something from anyone?

Cheers,
Yes, no update. I think 2.5 years is not a joke :)
But if they haven't reached us during 1 year, I doubt they would do it very soon :rolleyes:

ARMAH

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Hello Friends

We have submitted WP in November but unfortunately don't get any response. I wonder how The IRCC can proceed student visa in 2 or 3 weeks but can't proceed WP of startup whereas the time is very crucial for an innovative Idea!

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
At least you there is some movement
Yes, I do agree with you-SUV_Unicorn"!
The processing time of 31 months was noticed more than 6 months ago and it had a standstill for a while. Nowadays, some of my friends said that IRCC has just likely come back to work with full capacity since 2nd July 2021. Therefore, it is obviously that SUV process has been started to move forward even with a longer processing time issued.
Best wishes to all of you my SUV friends
Cheers,
Kai

Reactions: mamad611

katie.vanto

Mar 23, 2021
Yes, I do agree with you-SUV_Unicorn"!
The processing time of 31 months was noticed more than 6 months ago and it had a standstill for a while. Nowadays, some of my friends said that IRCC has just likely come back to work with full capacity since 2nd July 2021. Therefore, it is obviously that SUV process has been started to move forward even with a longer processing time issued.
Best wishes to all of you my SUV friends
Cheers,
Kai
The office has been opened since May, but EE program is on the priority processing. SUV has till processed in a low capacity.

Reactions: Kai Nemo

StrangerSUV

Oct 27, 2019
I heard from a immigration company that this morning they had medical exams request from IRCC for 6 SUV files (about 18 families). All these files were submitted before Covid pandemic. It means they (IRCC) are processing SUV applications when the percent of population who have received at least 1 dose of vaccine in Canada was 70% as of June 21, 2021. Many file submitted before 2020 would have good news soon.

Startup_Visa

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
@StrangerSUV - Thanks for the update! It's certainly good news for 2019 applicants. On the forum also, we have seen some activity for 2019 SUV applicants, most of them have got the Permanent AOR in Jan 2021. However all 2020 applicants have not received Permanent AOR.

Overall, resources allocated for the SUV program still seem to be very low and it doesn't seem to be a priority category for the IRCC. Hence they are not opening any new SUV applications received post Covid Mar/Apr 2020.