+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Work Experience for Express Entry...

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
I have a query which people may or may not know.

If you have experience in your spouse work history section but it doesn't get you points and you upload something post ITA anyway, does the VO even look at it?

I mean, do they only check sections that claim points? Or do they view all uploads regardless?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
DelPiero07 said:
If I were in the VO's shoes I wouldn't bother with that :p
See, I have my boyfriend's foreign work in there. I know it gets 0 points but I almost feel it makes our application look CREDIBLE (aerospace engineer). I also put in his Canadian work experience, but it was all C and D work so again,no points. We can prove all of it. I'm just really reluctant to remove it and I don't know why.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
See, I have my boyfriend's foreign work in there. I know it gets 0 points but I almost feel it makes our application look CREDIBLE (aerospace engineer). I also put in his Canadian work experience, but it was all C and D work so again,no points. We can prove all of it. I'm just really reluctant to remove it and I don't know why.
Well it won't hurt your application, I just don't know if it will help your application either :p

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelPiero07 said:
Well it won't hurt your application, I just don't know if it will help your application either :p
Doesn't help or hurt the application, is completely irrelevant. VO may end up spending an additional hour in making notes to GCMS about this experience being outside Canada hence no points granted etc. Barring that extra hour, nothing else.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Asivad Anac said:
Doesn't help or hurt the application, is completely irrelevant. VO may end up spending an additional hour in making notes to GCMS about this experience being outside Canada hence no points granted etc. Barring that extra hour, nothing else.
Hmmm.... I really don't want to annoy the officer... Maybe I'll take them out... Why am i struggling to do so though? Against all logic I feel as if hiding it at EE stage is being deceptive, even though it will be included post ITA. Have people really been successful with a blank spouse section?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
Hmmm.... I really don't want to annoy the officer... Maybe I'll take them out... Why am i struggling to do so though? Against all logic I feel as if hiding it at EE stage is being deceptive, even though it will be included post ITA. Have people really been successful with a blank spouse section?
It doesn't matter if you include or exclude it. Spouse's foreign experience doesn't add or take away from your application. It's presence doesn't excite, it's absence doesn't bother. Aside from the bureaucratic necessity of jotting down 'no points for this one' in GCMS, it contributes nothing else to this bit of space-time.

Reactions: jazzyapd

ankrey

Jan 15, 2017
Asivad Anac said:
It doesn't matter if you include or exclude it. Spouse's foreign experience doesn't add or take away from your application. It's presence doesn't excite, it's absence doesn't bother. Aside from the bureaucratic necessity of jotting down 'no points for this one' in GCMS, it contributes nothing else to this bit of space-time.
My wife have part-time and seasonal work exp in CANADA. I am not claiming any points for that and I mentioned Work History as NO in EE profile. I have mentioned details in the personal history tab. Will I say 'Yes' in PR profile work history. or it is irreverent as mentioned in the post. I am little confuse here.

Pat180715

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
Did you decide to go ahead with you husband's experience and provide ref letters or you'll leave work history section blank?

dralfa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2016
After reading all threads, i am still confused.
I have entered my wifes work experience in pre ita profile as it was showing incomplete profile if i leave that portion blank at that time.
Now, i have not claimed points for her experience.

In post ita profile forms

Should i enter details in her work history (actually its already added from pre ita peofile)?
Should i enter details in personal history?? Or both??

Is it a case of misrepresentation if i dont enter her work history??

Please reply.... Need expert advice.

Shimich

Apr 29, 2016
My spouse has work experience in Canada in noc C category which I mentioned preIta but in the application it self I just mentioned here work experience in the personal section because I'may not claiming any points from her experience. Is that fine?

When I came to Canada I worked 3 months trough an agency doing an unskilled job and I only mentioned the job in my personal section. Is that fine?

rubenam

Jan 14, 2017
valsanail said:
So what if the applicant is not able to provide reference letter for spouse work? What to do with the documents checklist which requires documents to be attached?
I have one more question buddy. Is it ok that some applicants don't mention spouse experience in ee profile but include it in the personal history after ita?
Hi valsanail, from your signature I see that you have already got the PR, could you please shed some light on how have you approached the foreign experience of your spouse ?

1. Have you declared it in EE profile, and uploaded the reference ?
2. Have you declared it in EE profile, and then removed POST ITA by mentioning it only in the Personal History ?
3. Have you omit it from EE profile and then mentioned it only in POST ITA Personal History ?

Any help would be highly appreciated, since I am now in a panic :-( (mentioned spouse experience in EE however)

Reactions: neotravel

snaravane

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
My wife is the primary applicant. In our EE, we did not mention my work history. We've got an ITA on 03/24. in eAPR, I see my work history checked as complete. Do I need to update it and add my work experience here? If not, where?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
snaravane said:
My wife is the primary applicant. In our EE, we did not mention my work history. We've got an ITA on 03/24. in eAPR, I see my work history checked as complete. Do I need to update it and add my work experience here? If not, where?
Personal history.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
snaravane said:
I have not started filling up the form yet. Is there a section when I can add it?
Yes, the personal history section.