+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Work Experience for Express Entry...

neotravel

Sep 9, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2018
Doc's Request.
05-09-2018
AOR Received.
04-11-2018
Med's Done....
19-09-2018
Summary of a Repeated Question in this Thread
I mentioned my spouse's work experience (outside Canada) in my EE profile before ITA. After getting ITA, should I mention the non-Canadian work experience (which requires the hassle of providing detailed reference letters) OR can I just mention it in the Personal History?

The IRCC document checklist says in the section - Proof of work experience:
Their spouse or common-law partner (if work experience in Canada is claimed)

Options:
  1. Add spouse's non-Canadian work experience only in the Personal History section (and leave Work History blank)
  2. Upload simple work experience proof documents (joining and relieving letters) in the Work History
  3. Upload detailed work experience proof (since spouse's non-Canadian work experience was already mentioned in EE profile before ITA)
Many in this thread who had asked this question previously have got PPR (seen from their profile statuses). Could someone who has gone through this same situation successfully, kindly tell us neophytes which option they chose (and if there was any problem) and finally put this question to rest?

@sidganesh, honeyk3g, fromcntocan, wayneyau12141, ankrey, Pat180715, kryt0n, bouncer_anna, harrys147, RayGeo, canada1231, RoshniJohri, Asivad Anac

Thanks!

Reactions: John1122

John1122

Oct 18, 2018
I mentioned my spouse's work experience (outside Canada) in my EE profile before ITA. After getting ITA, should I mention the non-Canadian work experience (which requires the hassle of providing detailed reference letters) OR can I just mention it in the Personal History?

Options:
  1. Add spouse's non-Canadian work experience only in the Personal History section (and leave Work History blank)
  2. Upload simple work experience proof documents (joining and relieving letters) in the Work History
  3. Upload detailed work experience proof (since spouse's non-Canadian work experience was already mentioned in EE profile before ITA)
Many in this thread who had asked this question previously have got PPR (seen from their profile statuses). Could someone who has gone through this same situation successfully, kindly tell us neophytes which option they chose (and if there was any problem) and finally put this question to rest?

@sidganesh, honeyk3g, fromcntocan, wayneyau12141, ankrey, Pat180715, kryt0n, bouncer_anna, harrys147, RayGeo, canada1231, RoshniJohri, Asivad Anac

Thanks!
Awaiting someone's response on this

neotravel

Sep 9, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2018
Doc's Request.
05-09-2018
AOR Received.
04-11-2018
Med's Done....
19-09-2018
Awaiting someone's response on this
I finally did Option 1.
Will keep updating here if it was successful.

Icardi82

Nov 1, 2018
I am the accompanying spouse but I have uploaded the ref letter...but there is a blunder..ref letter says date of joining is sept 19 but pay stub says sept 20....we are really worried now as the form has been submitted and received AOR also...any suggestions on what we should do ?

shahid2909

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019

Options:

Thanks!
No concrete replies yet.

Vyanisha

Aug 20, 2020
Hello, I have read all comments following your question. Can you please tell us if you had answered 'no' for spouse work experience?

shahid2909

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Hello, I have read all comments following your question. Can you please tell us if you had answered 'no' for spouse work experience?
It wont be any problem if you put NO, given that it doesn't bring you any score. Yesterday i got my GCMS notes, and found out my eligibility passed. Security is yet to be passed.

Vyanisha

Aug 20, 2020
It wont be any problem if you put NO, given that it doesn't bring you any score. Yesterday i got my GCMS notes, and found out my eligibility passed. Security is yet to be passed.
Thanks for your reply. It is very helpful.

Is an LOE required when 'no' is selected since it was mentioned in EE profile?

shahid2909

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Thanks for your reply. It is very helpful.

Is an LOE required when 'no' is selected since it was mentioned in EE profile?
I didn't put it in LOE. LOE is completely focused on the issues which you haven't mentioned about in your entire application. However, there is a section called 'Personal History' (if i remember it correctly) where you need to put work experiences of your spouse and also yours (which u dont claim points for).

Reactions: Vyanisha

Vyanisha

Aug 20, 2020
I didn't put it in LOE. LOE is completely focused on the issues which you haven't mentioned about in your entire application. However, there is a section called 'Personal History' (if i remember it correctly) where you need to put work experiences of your spouse and also yours (which u dont claim points for).
Thanks for prompt reply. I'm sure it will be helpful to others as well.

IGOR_BR_RIO

Apr 20, 2017
Hi,
Have you put NO when creating EE profile or have you adjusted to NO after receiving ITA?

cam_meh

Dec 21, 2020
Hi, my wife has business on her name. She is dependent applicant in my express entry application. She just got her work visa approved with her business mentioned her work visa application. CAn I mention her business in her personal history for PR application and provide all documents as I chose NO in her work history or I should change it to yes and mention in her work history with all the documents? Please help. Thank you!

fbnagae

Jun 9, 2021
Has anybody got a concrete answer for this questions?

I gave my Work Experience as the accompanying spouse of principal applicant in the Express Entry profile.

After receiving ITA, I want to to know if I can let the Work Experience of the Permanent Residency online application blank, only stating it on the Personal history.

Please, I really need help with this question.

garretb88

Sep 24, 2021
You can answer No there.
I know this is very old thread but i have very similar question.

i am added as spouse to CEC EE profile and me & my wife are in Canada have around 1 year of work experience

to get 5 additional points for spouse work experience i am adding my Canadian work experience but should i add work experience prior to Canada which was in India basically??

any info on this would be helpful