+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Work Experience for Express Entry...

sanketmnaik

Feb 10, 2016
Hi from above threads i understood that we dont have to mention anything in work history once we receive ITA in spouse profile . but any how we have to mention that experience in personal history ...so my question is whats the meaning of saying no in work history ...can you please elaborate

mamaJM

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2016
Doc's Request.
FBI: 06-05-2016
AOR Received.
21-04-2016
Passport Req..
07-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2016
LANDED..........
07-01-2017
Bump!

Anyone who removed spouse experience with a PR?

sudin.iem

Mar 20, 2016
Hello,

Me and my wife have already created our express entry profile with our experiences of more than 3 years. I am the primary applicant.

Now, I wanted to understand if if I need to submit my wife's experience letter (experience in India) as well or not. I will be submitting mine but my confusion is as I already declared my wife's experience while creating the profile do I need to submit experience letter for her?

Please help me clearing the confusion.

Thanks..

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
sudin.iem said:
Hello,

Me and my wife have already created our express entry profile with our experiences of more than 3 years. I am the primary applicant.

Now, I wanted to understand if if I need to submit my wife's experience letter (experience in India) as well or not. I will be submitting mine but my confusion is as I already declared my wife's experience while creating the profile do I need to submit experience letter for her?

I think it might not be needed only normal experience letter format is fine but need more experience members to comment on that

Thanks..

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
sudin.iem said:
Hello,

Thanks..
Did you claim points for your wife's work experience?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
sudin.iem said:
Hello,

Thanks..
If your wife has no Canadian work experience, you do not get any points for that and you need not submit any documents for the same. For your information, your Express Entry profile can be edited/updated anytime till you get an ITA, but ensure that whatever information is provided is true and correct.

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
Stanlee said:
If your wife has no Canadian work experience, you do not get any points for that and you need not submit any documents for the same. For your information, your Express Entry profile can be edited/updated anytime till you get an ITA, but ensure that whatever information is provided is true and correct.
@sudin ,Best answer for your query.

sudin.iem

Mar 20, 2016
Stanlee said:
Thank you for your answer. She has 3 months of Canadian work experience so that doesn't add any points. Now if I remove it from Work history where should I put it in express entry profile?

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
sudin.iem said:
Thank you for your answer. She has 3 months of Canadian work experience so that doesn't add any points. Now if I remove it from Work history where should I put it in express entry profile?
Personal History.

gappy31600

May 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
14-10-2016
nmeka said:
Personal History.
Where is the personal history section for the spouse in express entry?

The section that says personal just asks for her name, education etc. But no place to add work history in personal tab.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
gappy31600 said:
Where is the personal history section for the spouse in express entry?

The section that says personal just asks for her name, education etc. But no place to add work history in personal tab.
Personal History section would be available in eAPR post ITA, not in Express Entry profile.

gappy31600

May 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
14-10-2016
Stanlee said:
Personal History section would be available in eAPR post ITA, not in Express Entry profile.
Thanks for the reply Stanlee.

So its ok to add the work history for spouse in the express entty profile in the work hostory column but when i get an ITA put her work history in the personal hostory column during eAPR?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gappy31600 said:
Thanks for the reply Stanlee.

So its ok to add the work history for spouse in the express entty profile in the work hostory column but when i get an ITA put her work history in the personal hostory column during eAPR?
No. Leave the spouse's work history column blank.

valsanail

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
No additional documents request since AOR
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
LANDED..........
14-10-2016
istari said:
No. Leave the spouse's work history column blank.
So what if the applicant is not able to provide reference letter for spouse work? What to do with the documents checklist which requires documents to be attached?
I have one more question buddy. Is it ok that some applicants don't mention spouse experience in ee profile but include it in the personal history after ita?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
valsanail said:
So what if the applicant is not able to provide reference letter for spouse work? What to do with the documents checklist which requires documents to be attached?
Sorry, I didn't read the earlier posts in the thread, and didn't know that you've already received ITA.
If your document checklist requires evidence for your spouse's work history, then you need to provide proof.
If you've already put your spouse's work history in the work history section, then it's done and you can't change it.

It's only while creating the EE profile (before ITA) that you can leave the work history section blank.

I have one more question buddy. Is it ok that some applicants don't mention spouse experience in ee profile but include it in the personal history after ita?
Yes. This is what you're supposed to do if you don't want to claim points for your spouse's work history.