Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 30, 2015
LANDED..........
By September 2015 goal
toby_2481 said:
Hi guys,

Greetings. Please can anyone answer my questions below just for me to have an idea if we are not waiting in vain. Thanks in advance guys.

My wife worked as a caregiver in Canada sine 2010. I am here in Doha Qatar and we got married last July 2012. When we got married she is holding a work visa permit only. Then right after our marriage she applied for the Permanent resident visa and she also passed my application. She has a UCI no which states that her application was received only in January 2013 and started processing only last May 2014.

Now here in Doha I received an email form the Abu dhabi embassy last Sept 2014 with the following details.

"You have been identified as a family member/dependent of an in-Canada applicant for permanent residence. As a result, you must be assessed for eligibility and admissibility whether or not you will be accompanying the in-Canada applicant. A visa may or may not be issued to you at the end of the processing even if it has been established that you meet all statutory requirements.

In order to initiate the processing, family members/dependents living abroad must submit a completed application to the nearest Canadian Visa Office. In this case, your application will be processed at the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.

Please note that as of July 18, 2011, applicants for Permanent Residence are asked to complete the new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008). Applicants are encouraged to complete the form electronically and validate the information to generate 2D barcodes before printing. Please submit all the required forms and supporting documents in the attached checklist.

You must submit the document(s) and/or information within (90) days from the date of this request otherwise it will cause delays in the processing. Additional documents may be requested by the Visa Officer upon the complete assessment of your application.

We do not acknowledge receipt of mail or documents. If you submit documents by courier and you want to ensure that it has arrived, please check with the courier company. We will not respond to enquiries asking to confirm receipt of documents/emails/information."

After reading this letter from the Embassy I gathered all the documents and submitted them last November 2014. So far I haven't heard from them and even though I have sent them a couple of follow up emails they have only responded through auto reply.

I havent even done my medicals yet as well.

Should I be doing something or can I call them at least?

Thanks,

Toby
hi Toby! My husband also is a caregiver in canada.. He submitted his docs oct 2011 and was started to process by the cic on 2013... We got married also on sept 2012. I pass all my docs also last may 2014... Now my husband has already payed for our PR fee & this June 25 he will have his interview for PR. Hopefully the Abu Dhabi cic will contact me soon to submit my passport... U should comply all the docs and submit it immediately... For me i just wait for the email from cic that I need to go for medical exam some they had their med exam upfront but for me it's better to wait for the email for med exam... No need to contact them as long as they received ur mail... Did u track ur mail? U can send email quiry at their website too

toby_2481

Nov 20, 2014
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JAN 2013
Doc's Request.
SEPTEMBER 2014
Nomination.....
SEPTEMBER 2014
AOR Received.
SEPTEMBER 2014
File Transfer...
NOV 2014
Hi wander dust , i really appreciate your reply, I would like to congratulate you and your husband in advance for his June 25 PR interview. You have given me insight and hope that about our application as well.

I havent done my medicals also, I will wait for the instruction of the Embassy to do so.

With regards to any email correspondence, may I ask what kind of updates have you received from the embassy I mean from your part

God bless you

toby

mabbasi

May 31, 2007
Impresso said:
Hello Everyone

Any updates on members who are awaiting for their passports ?
My wife submitted her passport on 10th June. Still waiting no response from Canadian embassy abu dhabi.

HanJay

Jan 17, 2015
HanJay said:
im still waiting for mine... they recieved it on june 8th

do you think its a good idea to go to the embassy ask about the passport. cuz i have to exit by june 30th or i will be fined 100dhs a day

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
I think technically you have an extra 10 days grace period on visas....but perhaps this is nationality specific (I'm Canadian). I know that I've exited the UAE up to 40 days from my initial entry (both at the airport and at land crossings into Oman) with no penalty.

C.

HanJay

Jan 17, 2015
chilkootcee said:
I think technically you have an extra 10 days grace period on visas....but perhaps this is nationality specific (I'm Canadian). I know that I've exited the UAE up to 40 days from my initial entry (both at the airport and at land crossings into Oman) with no penalty.

C.

ya for canadian passport no problem they give ten days grace,but they have my wifes passport which was cancelled on june 1st so i gotta be out by the 30th

bublo ksa

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Impresso said:
Hello Everyone

Any updates on members who are awaiting for their passports ?
Sent all required documents in March. still waiting for any response. Medical has expired. don't know whats going on.
Any idea guys what will b possibility now???? ::)

ohcanada15

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015
File Transfer...
23-07-2015 in process aug 06th
Med's Done....
14-08-2015
I have sent my application and was received on may 25 th 2015 by missisuaga office . I have not received aor . It's really something .
It must be slow times of the year because back in May people were getting notification in less than a month

haldashti

Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
14-03-2015
File Transfer...
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Passport Req..
16-09-2015
ohcanada15 said:
I have sent my application and was received on may 25 th 2015 by missisuaga office . I have not received aor . It's really something .
It must be slow times of the year because back in May people were getting notification in less than a month
ohcanada15. AOR is not consistent across. I got my AOR when they started working on my application, which was almost 2 months after I sent my application. Did you give them your email? Good luck.

Modymody

Jun 25, 2015
Hey, the same here happened to me. My wife was born in Abu Dhabi, though her file transferred to Amman. She is Syrian. Any solutions to transfer the file to Abu Dhabi??

ohcanada15

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015
File Transfer...
23-07-2015 in process aug 06th
Med's Done....
14-08-2015
haldashti said:
ohcanada15. AOR is not consistent across. I got my AOR when they started working on my application, which was almost 2 months after I sent my application. Did you give them your email? Good luck.
I have given them all the necessary contact information including email. So sometimes
Is a good thing if they don't send it ? I am worried that they might send it back after 2 month later and ask for more documents.

haldashti

Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
14-03-2015
File Transfer...
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Passport Req..
16-09-2015
ohcanada15 said:
I have given them all the necessary contact information including email. So sometimes
Is a good thing if they don't send it ? I am worried that they might send it back after 2 month later and ask for more documents.
ohcanada15, I know how you feel. This is normal, whether you get it(AOR) early or not is no indication of good/bad. AOR doesn't mean they have reviewed the file/application yet. I got mine(AOR) within the time frame, but took a month longer after that for my SA(not normal). Every stage of this process brings its own worries with it! Hang in there. Good luck.