+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsorship Abu Dhabi office

Dominica

Star Member
Feb 23, 2010
Hi All,

Any one sponsoring from Abu Dhabi office and filed your papers in 2011 has your file progessed in any way....anything new happening or happened. Again have heard of a conditional visa they would be coming up with....what is it all about. Anyone who filed from Abu Dhabi office how long was your timeline did you get your visa soon. And how soon has one to cancell the gulf visa when they get the PR.

your comments are welcomed.

gtoronto

Nov 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Dominica,

I am sponsoring my partner, submitted application since june. last communication from embassy was mid november 2011 and nothing after that.

Conditional visa is not certain yet. It is more of the applicant should not separate from his sponsor for a certain period of time otherwise he would lose his PR. it was a step to avoid marriage of convenience.

As for cancelling the gulf visa, if both the sponsor and applicant are living in UAE, then the embassy wants to make sure both are leaving to canada once the visa is approved. So sometimes they put as a condition that the visa is ready however they need to see your gulf residency cancelled before they issue the PR visa.

However, if the sponsor is in Canada, then they might not ask the applicant to cancel the residency.

As for timeline, since the start of 2012 I am not seeing many threads mentioning if people are receiving passport request. Unlike other threads, most of the people applying through abu dhabi, once they receive their passport request they lose interest in updating the others.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
yeah abu-dhabi members r not too active, they were a little more active on the other forum, but still it's quiet there too; honestly i cannot blame them, when u know u have to wait for so long it's better to continue with ur life or at least try; plus, the ones waiting for maybe 2 years is not good for their moral to see other members from other embassies getting their visa in 2 months :mad:

this thread has 2 members which recently had interview both with positive outcome:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spouse-visa-thru-abu-dhabi-office-t92649.0.html

besides that there's an older thread but that too was quiet for some time, i suppose most of the members there got their visa already

yes usually they ask the applicant and the sponsor to cancel their gulf visa before they get the Canadian one (i understand them since probably many people cheated them in the past now we suffer from their actions); if that happens u have usually 30-60 days to comply enough time to cancel and get the other visa and leeeeeeave; the conditional visa is not on yet (it has drawbacks and maybe it will never be); even if it would be maybe it won't affect the applications in process; also the conditional visa would b for new couples, if u have been married for more than 2 years (or living together) it won't affect u!!

i have no clue how they work or why they take so long; all i do is learning from u guys and hoping things will b faster for all of us; keep in touch and good luck!!

gtoronto

Nov 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are right Missmini,

the process is full of its psychological ups and downs, sometimes you just feel you want to give up, some other time how you want to move on as if there's no application at all.

It is just too hard being from the person you love the most.

Unfortunately, no predictions can be made. After all, everything happens at the right time, and this one too will pass.

it is worth it thought to see if Abu dhabi visa is active since the start of 2012, but again not many threads around this.

Dominica

Star Member
Feb 23, 2010
Hi gtoronto,

thanks for your feedback. my spouse too lives in canada and i am being sponsored thru abu dhabi office. my process too began around may/june last year and last i heard from the VO was in Dec after that nothing. the status is not updated online as well and i guess they do not entertain calls etc. another thing on what basis do they decide to call you for an interview. its true for the many people who have cheated in the past the new applicants have to suffer. what i see on the cic website is abu dhabi office takes about 27months to process is this true. here in the gulf in most cases the visa is cancelled about 1-2 days before one can leave the country so if they have to request one to cancell the visa then the passport can be sent to them from the home country only.

gtoronto

Nov 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Dominica,

I wouldn't count on ecas or the 25 months rule. some people received their visa and online it shows application received only. Seriously, nobody can predict. From the different blogs and lots of research i did on the internet, Some people got their visa in less than 6 months, and some in more than 2 years so the 25 months doesn't apply to everybody. Actually I have seen more applications finished in one year from the different blogs

If your spouse is in Canada, in most of the cases, they wouldnt ask you to cancel the residency as a pre-condition because their concern is that you are going to reunite with your husband and not applying just to have the visa stamped on your passport and staying in UAE, in case both of you are still in UAE. Again, it is their subjective decision.

They mainly ask for interviews if they need to confirm that the relation is genuine or if they have any security concerns. if they received enough evidence, interviews are not very common.

I will try to find a link that I saw a time ago on this website and post it for you.

Best of luck to all of us

gtoronto

Nov 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Dominica,

Check this link.

It just gives you a general idea, although, again, and again, things are unpredictable.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/had-dinner-with-a-friend-from-she-works-for-immigration-canada-t45674.0.html

Have a great weekend

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
gtoronto said:
Hi Dominica,

Check this link.

It just gives you a general idea, although, again, and again, things are unpredictable.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/had-dinner-with-a-friend-from-she-works-for-immigration-canada-t45674.0.html

Have a great weekend
hi gtoronto and Dominica,

gtoronto, woow that link was very interesting, thanks for sharing it with us :) what i have to add on what that lady officer is that yeah usually when they ask for documents they will put the file aside and work on others but not only; i read from other members that when the background checks are asked they will put the file aside for a few good months; abu-dhabi especially has to out-source all the background checks cuz the applicants r from outside; that takes long time because of the specific countries of nationality and also because usually in middle-east it takes long to have something done well; so usually they put a bring-forward date to a file which could be a few months and it's an internal date (they don't send letter to the applicant to tell them that); this date can be seen only if u order the caips notes (there u have everything and from there u could know if u need an interview or not, their observations abt ur case, etc) i suggest both to ask ur sponsor to order it (plenty of info on this forum abt it, i don't know yet the procedure)

that timeline is for 80% of the cases; 10% could be finished in 18 months, 20% in 20 months, so on, 100% in who knows 36 months; i read abt a guy waiting for 39 months still in further background checks :eek: tooo long; overall u don't know abt each specific case so u cannot assume that it will take that long; u can just hope that u'll b in the group which takes less time :)

by the way, i've been to that embassy a few times in the past and they were always super crowdy and busy so i'm sure they still are; the problem is that there are many people applying on different categories: study visa, work permits, caregivers, etc etc....there r soo many workers in the gulf and noone is permanent and they all try for a better life....the embassy is fairly new and not too big and it's difficult for them to cope with all the demand

Dominica, not sure in which gulf country u r but in uae, in the moment ur visa is canceled (stamped with the cancelation date) u have 30 days to leave; the embassy will give back ur passport with ppr in 10 days max; so there's time; i did read abt others doing it and it was doable, no problems there; yeah it's maybe a little more stressfull but it won't matter anymore :)

as for the interview, yes there r the cases where the officer fully doubts the marriage but not only; there could b also cases where they believe u 80% but they still have some questions which were not addressed in the application and they want to clarify :) (from other people: why they married young, why the parents didn't agree at first, how they solve their differences - culture, religion, language, age, education, etc) there could also b cases where they r not sure if u can support urselves in canada and also there could b security interviews; i did read of people who had 2 interviews one abt the relationship and later the security one but it's rare and probably almost 0 chance for a female applicant

hope u'll keep this thread up to date :) good luck for all!!! :)

gtoronto

Nov 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Missmini,

Hope all is going well.

Did you come across any threads related to applications through abu dhabi and if the embassy requested the passport for anybody since the start of 2012.

I barely came across 2 cases that the abu dhabi embassy requested the passport, but nothing much exept for that.

Just wanted to check if the Visa office is active with the new year or not really.

Have a great day

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
gtoronto said:
Hi Missmini,

Hope all is going well.

Did you come across any threads related to applications through abu dhabi and if the embassy requested the passport for anybody since the start of 2012.

I barely came across 2 cases that the abu dhabi embassy requested the passport, but nothing much exept for that.

Just wanted to check if the Visa office is active with the new year or not really.

Have a great day
hi gtoronto

looool i wish!!! i follow the same forums as u so not much activity ::) i read of one case from the other forum and one here - she was successful at the interview maybe a week ago and they r ready to issue her visa after re-doing the medicals and a new police report;
did u try to order ur caips notes to see how much they advanced?
i also believe that many people ask a question two here and there when they r in need but then they don't say anymore when they get their visa. :mad:....so it doesn't look a very active start of 2012 but i hope the office is issuing visas every day :p good luck and u too have a nice day!!

caiden

Feb 15, 2012
I sponsoring my husband from saudi arabia, since 2010 he received a letter from the embassy of abu dhabi office and he start to fill up the form and send to them, july 2010 they start to process his papers, by then we didn't heard anything to the embassy for more than one year, so I'm worried coz it takes so long, so I ask my husband to follow up and send e-mail to the embassy he send e-mail on January 2012, after 3 days they response to him, and send again the same application form to fill up. this time asking the PICTURES, CENOMAR, CARDS, LETTERS, TELEPHONES BILLS, E-MAIL..

But, I worried b'coz before when he fill up the form the question is. Have you been previously been married? he's answer is NO. then I find out when he request for the CENOMAR he been married year 2000. my husband and I we've married 2007 . so what we gonna do!!!!. is there a problem regarding this.

please help me, and give me some advise.

thank you.

Dominica

Star Member
Feb 23, 2010
Hi Missmini,

Thanks for the valued information. Yes i live in Qatar and what i have seen with my colleagues here who have left the organisation the visa is cancelled two days before they could leave the country.

what is the notice period the abu dhabi embassy would give before they call you for an interview. I think the abu dhabi embassy has really slowed down the speed of late. guess they are getting more strict now.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
Dominica, yeah definately they r more strict ::), as for how long u have before ur interview i'm not sure, maybe a few months....but no clue since people don't share exact timelines...but i don't think it's less than a month so u do have time to prepare
from what i heard before people in Qatar had 10 days to leave the country once the visa was canceled....but these rules change and the best to know is to ask the immigration department directly not ur company or colleagues....but if the timeframe is short i don't think the embassy would ask proof of cancelation...if u send the passport from outside it will take more time to get their visa back...i think they will just ask to show them the intent of leaving like resignation letter to the company, closure of ur work contract, letter from the company comfirming that u resigned, etc....everything until the cancellation stamp on ur visa

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
caiden said:
I sponsoring my husband from saudi arabia, since 2010 he received a letter from the embassy of abu dhabi office and he start to fill up the form and send to them, july 2010 they start to process his papers, by then we didn't heard anything to the embassy for more than one year, so I'm worried coz it takes so long, so I ask my husband to follow up and send e-mail to the embassy he send e-mail on January 2012, after 3 days they response to him, and send again the same application form to fill up. this time asking the PICTURES, CENOMAR, CARDS, LETTERS, TELEPHONES BILLS, E-MAIL..

But, I worried b'coz before when he fill up the form the question is. Have you been previously been married? he's answer is NO. then I find out when he request for the CENOMAR he been married year 2000. my husband and I we've married 2007 . so what we gonna do!!!!. is there a problem regarding this.

please help me, and give me some advise.

thank you.
hi caiden
i think u r facing a serious problem: first he misrepresentend himself (answer no when he should have answered yes, that it's very serious for them; if he says he didn't know then how couldn't he know, he should have been present for the marriage no) second if he was married then he needs to show the diorce papers otherwise the marriage to u is not legal under Canadian law, and third they could also doubt the relationship if u didn't know also that he was married
if u don't send the papers they will just continue asking until they could close the application with a refusal...so u have to send them

i would consult a lawyer