File Transfer...
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Passport Req..
16-09-2015
jmanuelcahill said:
Hi everyone!!! :) :) :)

Got into Canada last week without any problem at all. Thank's God!

I flew from Dubai to Amsterdam (with almost 7 hours lay over) and then to Calgary.

We passed through customs first then to the immigration. The officer basically asked only the questions which are found in the confirmation paper and then she let me signed it and then she welcome me to Canada...

It took me more than 6 months after getting my visa to come here due to some work related and other personal concerns and my husband is patiently waiting for me. I also used new passport in travelling but the officer just looked into my old passport and stamped on it.

Good luck to everyone who are still waiting for their visa. It will surely come soon. :) :) :)
jmanuelcahill, welcome to Canada and thanks for sharing the good news with us. All the best to you and your family.

jmanuelcahill

May 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-May-2014
Doc's Request.
15-Oct-2014; AOR2 - 15-Oct-2014
AOR Received.
SA - 22-July-2014
Med's Done....
26-Sept-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-Nov-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-Nov-2014; PP Returned: 29-Nov-2014
Thanks, Haldashti! It is great to be with my hubby. :)

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Hi all. I'm staying with my husband on visit visa in the UAE and recently he had to move to a new place here in Dubai - right after we submitted our application. How do we update CIC with this information seeing as we have no ECAS or client ID number assigned to us yet?

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
19SRB75 said:
I didn't declare my jewelries in the Declaration Form, but should they learned that I i had lots, i would just tell them i bought some of those when i was still in ksa, others were gifts from my hubby and in-laws
chilkootcee said:
Hi Impresso. I'm sure you've already found the info on this page http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/ifcrc-rpcrc-eng.html and here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-goods-what.asp and finally, here is the customs declaration card that will need to be filled in (there may be other forms for firsttimers) http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/e311-eng.pdf

My advice is to declare everything. You probably already know that pleading ignorance to the laws and rules doesn't work in Canada. Canadians are generally honest and trustworthy people. People wanting to live in Canada and/or become Canadians should also be honest and trustworthy. The last thing you want to have happen is for your spouse to inadmissible because something wasn't declared. Get started on the right foot. (I'm not suggesting anyone here is not honest of course...just re-iterating this important Canadian value).

Just my two cents.
Thank you for your suggestions.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
yr97 said:
Thanks for your reply impresso! So in your case, did they ask for additional docs ? And did they finally ask for that Abu dhabi residency questionnaire even though your application is not for an Abu dhabi resident ?
They didn't ask for additional docs nor did they ask for the Abu Dhabi Residency Questionnaire ( Residency Questionnaire was a little confusing )

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Sorry everyone was away for a business trip and didn't get a chance to log into the forum. Finally this Saturday, We have reunited with my wife and little baby. We flew in together from USA and the process was straight forward.

Upon landing we had to go through the new Visitor Line even though I hold a Canadian Passport, I made some excuse to the lady supervising the line, and go my wife into the special assist line, which was a lot shorter. At the counter, the Immigration Officer (IO) asked a few questions and then sent us to a different room, where we had to wait to speak to another IO. Here the IO took the CPR and processed the landing paper and welcomed my wife to Canada.

We also had filled up a " Goods to Follow Form ", which we took to the Customs, and there they had to process something called the B4 - he/she then gives you a blue paper and attached is your goods to follow form with a stamp from Canadian Customs. Basically you will need to sign this form in front of the officer and when your goods arrive later, you will need to bring the documents with you.

This has been quite a journey, but Alhamdulilah everything is done and is well now. Can't wait to start this new chapter and I wish everyone all the best in their journey - dont give up hope and have faith that everything will come to end with a good note.

I will be around to keep in touch on the forum .

haldashti

Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
14-03-2015
File Transfer...
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Passport Req..
16-09-2015
chilkootcee said:
Hi all. I'm staying with my husband on visit visa in the UAE and recently he had to move to a new place here in Dubai - right after we submitted our application. How do we update CIC with this information seeing as we have no ECAS or client ID number assigned to us yet?
Hello chilkootcee. Once you get your AOR, it will have a file# on it. Not necessary to update the applicant's address at this point, since you are still in the SA stage. We had a similar case in which my wife's address was posted incorrectly(different than the application), had to wait until we got the file #, then using case specific inquiry sent an email with the correct address.

haldashti

Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
14-03-2015
File Transfer...
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Passport Req..
16-09-2015
Impresso said:
Sorry everyone was away for a business trip and didn't get a chance to log into the forum. Finally this Saturday, We have reunited with my wife and little baby. We flew in together from USA and the process was straight forward.

Upon landing we had to go through the new Visitor Line even though I hold a Canadian Passport, I made some excuse to the lady supervising the line, and go my wife into the special assist line, which was a lot shorter. At the counter, the Immigration Officer (IO) asked a few questions and then sent us to a different room, where we had to wait to speak to another IO. Here the IO took the CPR and processed the landing paper and welcomed my wife to Canada.

We also had filled up a " Goods to Follow Form ", which we took to the Customs, and there they had to process something called the B4 - he/she then gives you a blue paper and attached is your goods to follow form with a stamp from Canadian Customs. Basically you will need to sign this form in front of the officer and when your goods arrive later, you will need to bring the documents with you.

This has been quite a journey, but Alhamdulilah everything is done and is well now. Can't wait to start this new chapter and I wish everyone all the best in their journey - dont give up hope and have faith that everything will come to end with a good note.

I will be around to keep in touch on the forum .
Good to hear from you Impresso. Thanks for sharing the news and best of luck to you and your family.

Sarim

Aug 13, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London... Resident United Arab Emirates... National Pakistan...
App. Filed.......
02, June 2015
AOR Received.
09, July 2015... AOR2 10, Aug 2015
File Transfer...
29, July 2015... In Process 6, Aug 2015
Med's Request
Upfront 23, May 2015
Interview........
Waived... Decision Made 12, Nov 2015
Passport Req..
24, Nov 2015... Passport Sent 1, Dec 2015
VISA ISSUED...
09, Dec 2015... PP & COPR rcvd 16, Dec 2015
LANDED..........
19, May 2016
Hi all,

I am little bit confused now days because i sent my application package through private courier it is already delivered to

Sponsorship
Case Processing Centre – Mississauga
2 Robert Speck Parkway,
Suite 300
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8

but as per the courier company they delivered at akra case processing center and they don't have person name who received the application.

So any one's application delivered at same place akra case processing center?

Please advise.

Rgds,

Sarim

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Sarim - I hope my application went to the right place as well....I sent it to the address that was for courier deliveries (because they won't deliver to a P.O. Box number). We received confirmation from the courier (DHL) that it was delivered and there was a non-descript signature for the mail room person.

Impresso - so great to hear from you and thanks for the additional info

Haldashti - thank you so much for keeping us up to date and answering our never ending questions

C.

Sarim

Aug 13, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
02, June 2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront 23, May 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
19, May 2016
chilkootcee said:
Sarim - I hope my application went to the right place as well....I sent it to the address that was for courier deliveries (because they won't deliver to a P.O. Box number). We received confirmation from the courier (DHL) that it was delivered and there was a non-descript signature for the mail room person.

Impresso - so great to hear from you and thanks for the additional info

Haldashti - thank you so much for keeping us up to date and answering our never ending questions

C.
thanks mate for confirmation

Sarim

Aug 13, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
02, June 2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront 23, May 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
19, May 2016
Tulip flower said:
so alhamdullelah finally after long hard journey my husband got his ppr yesterday
tulip pls share ur timeline

Tulip flower

Star Member
Sep 26, 2014
Impresso said:
Mabrook Tulip Flower - hope you did the PPR Dance .
yes indeed hhh
i waa waiting for june 15 to go to the mp to take any action about our application cause the processing time is over ,but subhan allah i recieved call from my husband early morning on monday and he said no need to go i got the ppr alhamdolelah

thanks alots impresso for all ur support and help for everyone here
im really thankful that i found this group which help me more than any lawyer
wish to all soft and quick processing insha allah